help for DNN 3.1.1 migration from 2.1.2 with FTB

I upgraded my Portal (4 times now!) and have tried everything to get a major problem fixed with Text/HTML module. When I go to edit (after upgrade) I get this error:
An error has occurred.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml) at DotNetNuke.Common.Globals.DeserializeHashTableXml(String Source) at DotNetNuke.Services.Personalization.PersonalizationController.LoadProfile(Int32 UserId, Int32 PortalId) at DotNetNuke.Services.Personalization.Personalization.LoadProfile() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.get_Mode() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.SetPanels() at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Does anyone now any ideas I can try to get this fixed??

Duncan Watson
0
Duncan

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

Migrating from 2.1.2 to 3.1 how ?????
I am sure this has been asked a million times but i cannot get a straight answer from the threads that i read ... how does the migration from the legacy version 2.1.2 to the latest version 3.1 work.... does it require a complete rebuild starting with a clean install... i worked on a intranet portal and developed it using 2.1.2 half way throught he production 3.0 came out and it was decided at the time that we could continue using 2.1.2 till a final release for version 3 was put up..... plus at the time there were no easy trasition from 2.1.2 to the 3.0 version ... at least that is what every...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.2 upgrade, skin probs
OK, we'll I've had a good read around here, and I've read Charles great install doc.  But I'm still stuck.In fact I've had to restore my old db and files - and have got back to 2.1.2.My problem is that upon upgrading, I get a light blue 'skin'? appearance on the all the modules.  The 2.1.2 sites (six of them) do not have that "appearance" - and that's the way I'd like to keep it.  I have tried 'resetting' the skins (in that Admin section they all show as 'not installed' (or whatever it is)).  It doesn't seem to help.  I get several 'container file not found' type mes...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

Ugrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1 --- HELP!
Can anyone help me out with a gide to upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1???Thanks in advance!!!  ~Valmont Sure, here's what you want to do.  It really shouldn't be that hard. 1.  Make a backup of everything 2.  Copy DNN3.1 over DNN2.x 3.  Delete web.config 4.  Rename Release.config to web.config 5.  Put your connection string info into web.config 6.  Visit your site. -Tony ValentiPowerDNN Hosting is the bestEliminate DNN Startup Lag Thanks Tony -The part that is confusing to me is how they stress how imperative it is to use the same MachineValida...

[ANN] Release of Bugzilla 3.0.1, 3.1.1, 2.22.3, and 2.20.5
--Sig_nEH4Ypdt2vWEVOYyO6=XaoK Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Today the Bugzilla project has four releases! 3.0.1 is the first bug-fix release for the 3.0 series. 3.0 was very stable, but 3.0.1 adds a lot of little polish fixes that greatly improve the experience of using Bugzilla. 3.1.1 is our first development release toward Bugzilla 3.2. It has a huge number of new features, but is EXTREMELY UNSTABLE. It has not been tested, and should not be used in a production environment. It may fail in critical ways, or destro...

Web resources about - help for DNN 3.1.1 migration from 2.1.2 with FTB - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow
EU-Turkey summit to center on stemming migration flow

Security is a major concern for cloud migrations
... Moreover, 40 percent worry about the loss of physical control over data in the cloud. In particular, 69 percent of companies fear migration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...

IBM Nabs Giant Eagle Cloud Migration Deal
IBM can now count Giant Eagle among its growing list of cloud customers, as Big Blue works to overhaul the supermarket chain's IT operations. ...

High skilled migration and global innovation
... using a multi-country endogenous growth model. The proposed framework introduces and quantifies a “frontier growth effect” of skilled migration: ...

Site Redesign & Migration Tips To Avoid SEO & UX Disasters
Planning to overhaul your website? Check out contributor Modestos Siotos' tips to help you minimize the potential negative impact of a site relaunch. ...

Mass Migration of Muslims to U.S. Mostly a Mirage
Contrary to Donald Trump's claims, immigrants from Muslims countries constitute a paltry percentage of the total number coming into the U.S. ...

6 ways to cut the cost and pain of a Windows 10 migration
... past two years, the cost and frustration was not only high, the resources required were crippling. But ready or not, chances are a new migration ...