Having problems loging in after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1

Ok i have done the upgrade from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 the installer did its magic and i got the click here to access your portal/site which means the upgrade went well... but now i get this error on my homepage

A critical error has occurred.
Multiple controls with the same ID 'ctr' were found. FindControl requires that controls have unique IDs.

Can some one help me out and explain what this means???? Has any one seen that before ??? ... The other thing i cannot log into the site either ... when i login it takes me back to the home page and i dont have the control panel or anything it seems like it does not log me in .... i am guessing it has to do with the above error preventing the page from loading up completely...

I dont know if this is important but this is a really big site of about 70 + child portals... and yes i am testing this on a dev server not the prod... :) but for the life of me i cannot figure out what is wrong... i am overlooking something but done know what....

Thanks...

Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn

Ok i think i know what the problem is ... the page is trying to load up a module but is having troubles with that... as a result the error....

Now the problem i am having still is that i cannot login (see above post for description) so that i could go in and updates all the modules to the new 3.0 versions...

Any suggestions...
Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn
8/30/2005 7:39:53 PM
Any suggestions on how i can log into the portal to update the modules...
Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn
9/1/2005 1:46:21 PM

Ok I got all the modules updated using the install feature that comes with dnn 3 it is awesome.... I did not think of it until I watched the training video's (a big shout out to traincert.net you guys did an excellent job) ... for those of you who don’t know how to update without having to log in...

First you copy all your PA's into the install\modules folder under your DNN installation (you can install skins, containers etc using the same method)

Second open up IE to your site and type [yoursite]/Install/Install.aspx?mode=InstallResources
The rest is magic... :)

But I am still stuck on the not being able to log into the portal when I try login in as host nothing happens... by the way I don’t know if this is relevant but the skin that I originally had on the portal when it was 2.1.2 in not being used but instead the default blue skin that come with dnn has taken over.... I did not make any changes to the skin yet... I guess I will try to see if can find any difference in the one that I had and make it so that it has all the tags need for the dnn3 site...

any ideas/suggestions why the skin would default to the dnn default rather then the site default that I had set up in 2.1.2 ????

Thanks

Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn
9/1/2005 4:05:46 PM
Ok i am not sure if it is just me or it take is taking along time for my post to be approved... guess every one started the long weekend early...

Well now not only can i not login but since the upgrade was done on a test server from a back up of the production server ... after the upgrade I went into the portalalias table and changed all of them to reflect the changed server... now when i try to navigate to another site i bumps me back to the host site... seems like it does not recognize any of the pages or something... has any one encountered this ...

any suggestions ...
Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn
9/1/2005 8:00:54 PM
If you create a new account will it allow that account to log in?

I ask this because I had this problem with a 3.0 to 3.0 upgrade. What I had to do in my case was:
1) create an account.
2) then go into the database and cut and paste that encrypted password into my host account (and when you're upgrading from 2.1.2 the Host account is usually NOT called "Host").
3) Then I was able to log in on the Host account (by using the password I had created for the other account). In may case the other accounts were able to log in fine. It was only my Host account that was messed up.

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
9/1/2005 10:45:25 PM
it is not so much so an error that i recieve when i login when i use the username host and admin and put in the wrong password i get an error that not found... but when i put the right password in it lets me log in but nothing happens i don't get the control pannel or have any of the edit rights and stuff.... plus my name does not show up on the page which makes me think that i am not login when i should be... does that makes some sense
Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn
9/2/2005 1:30:22 PM
ok I am going to suggest something unconventinal. Make a copy of everything. Backup everything. Now go to dotnetnuke.com and get a copy of DotNetNuke 3.0.13 and upgrade your 2.2.2 using that.

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
9/2/2005 8:53:57 PM
 adefwebserver wrote:
ok I am going to suggest something unconventinal. Make a copy of everything. Backup everything. Now go to dotnetnuke.com and get a copy of DotNetNuke 3.0.13 and upgrade your 2.2.2 using that.

Ok I tried your suggestions and instead of updating to 3.1.1 i went to 3.0.13... but still the same thing I can log in but nothing happens... I don’t get the edit options... nor the admin options.. Nothing... :)

Plus the modules that I had lost all their data... i am wondering if it is worth the effort to start from scratch... :S and convert every thing one site at a time.. Since I cannot get a winning situation...

Ali Syed

www.alisyed.net
0
eager2learn

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

How to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2?
I have 2.1.1 wokring fine and I have spent a lot of time making it just right but I want to make sure I have the latest & greatest so I am trying to get 2.1.2 to work so I can upgrade. When I try to set-up 2.1.2 I get a few errors such as: Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/_default/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnn212\295dc47c\1861dacc\3z6nxty1.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'. Is there a simple way to upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2? RDD Iff you have not made any cha...

upgrade problems from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
I just unzipped to the dir and ran the web page.  Are there any web.config setting i need to change?  It went throught the update process and said successful but then I go to the page I just get : An error has occurred.An error has occurred.   and the url looks like this http://localhost/LNL/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 www.jiltedcitizen.comwww.livegreenforum.com Did you do anything with the web.config in your directory? Save it as a backup and rename the releas.config file as the docum...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

Any problem upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2 directly?
 Hi, I'm planning on moving up to version 3.2.2 from 3.1.1 and want to make sure it's ok to make this jump and not go step by step.  Any there any reasons to take it one step at a time?  Any major pitfalls I should know about in doing the upgrade? Thanks No problem.  You can do it directly. DNN will automatically handle each step for you.John M. Use the new web.config (release.cofig) and transfer the relevant setings from the old web.config.  Some folks made the mistake to reuse existing web.config.  Otherwise, it should be fairly problem free. I ...

Version 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 upgrade
Hi folks, I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 last night. In case anybody wants it, I created a ZIP file containing the changed RUNTIME files - all you need to do is extract and ftp over the top of your 2.1.1 install - assuming you've NOT MODIFIED anything yourself... ;) Get the ZIP file here. Hope someone finds it helpful. joel joelblogs.co.uk...

Edit Text/HTML Problem after upgrading from 2.1.1 -> 3.1.1
I'm in the middle of testing an upgrade for my dnn site. I first zipped all the files on the server, backed up the database and recreated the site on my local machine (http://localhost/dnn). I updated the PortalAlias field in the Portals table to include 'localhost/dnn'.When I browsed to the default page I got the following error:[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] DotNetNuke.PortalSettings.GetPortalSettings(Int32 TabId, Int32 PortalId) +135 DotNetNuke.PortalSettings..ctor(Int32 tabId, Int32 PortalId) +253 DotNetNuke.Global.Application_BeginRequest...

Infinite redirect loop after upgrade from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1
After upgrading from DotNetNuke 3.1.1 to 3.2.1, I cannot access any of the DNN sites. Each access never completes. I checked all my aliases. They seem fine. I access my site via http://localhost/site or http://machinename/site and it fails. Of course, it all works under 3.1.1 (and prior versions). Anyone else experience this problem? Know of a fix? ...

Never done upgrade before. Have a 2.1.2 site w/many custom (purchased) modules, some of which are no longer supported. Don't see *any* info in 3.1 install docs for 2.1.2 upgrade?
Hey folks: I'm about to try something very scary, and I've spent the last 5 or so hours reading DNN 3.1 docs and doing searches here (sure which the search worked better, like allowed sort by date??).  Anyway, I don't see *any* info on updating a 2.1.2 site to a 3.1 site.  The only examples all have machine key stuff and other stuff that's not an issue (or is it?) w/2.1.2 Here's the situation: 1 I have localhost access to the site via remote desktop 2. I have disconnected backed up data and log files and reconnected 3. I have made a copy of the virtual folder. No...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

Web resources about - Having problems loging in after upgrading from 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube