Getting System.Net.WebPermission error when using any module with feed

I am a getting System.Net.WebPermission error when using any module with feed.  I think it has to do with a setting in my web.config and/or machine.config.  What is an easy way for me to change my security settings to allow DNN 3.1 modules to connect with feeds?  The exact error I get is below:

DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Request for the permission of type System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand, PermissionToken permToken) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32 checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride) at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() at System.Net.HttpRequestCreator.Create(Uri Uri) at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(Uri requestUri, Boolean useUriBase) at System.Net.WebRequest.Create(String requestUriString) at WeatherChannel.WeatherChannelShow.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
0
bishopt

This is the result of running in a medium trust environment.  Check to see if you have a <trust level="Medium"> entry in your web.config.  If this entry exists you can remove it.  This is normally set in machine.config by your hosting provider. If you do not have this entry in your web.config then it is probably in the machine.config already.  Medium Trust does not let your web application make network calls (as you can see from the error message this is a security issue).  This is not an issue with DotNetNuke but rather with the security settings on your webserver.
Joe Brinkman
0
jbrinkman
8/1/2005 8:23:18 PM

When I comment out the trust level line in the web.config, I get the following error:

Assembly freetextbox.dll security permission grant set is incompatible between appdomains

What should my trust level be in web.config and my machine.config file?

0
bishopt
8/2/2005 2:10:24 PM
Did you ever get a solution to this?
0
netroworx
11/6/2005 4:42:04 AM
Try the following instead. Hope it helps
<trust level="Full" originUrl="http://localhost/.*" />
0
eedarley

useing System.Net.Mail in Net 2.0
Useing C# and VWD enviroment with the Test server in VWD. Code for Mail does not work in 2.0, get an error like this:  System.Net.Mail.SmtpException was unhandled by user code Message="Failure sending mail." Source="System" line 42 which is the smtp.Send(email) line. Code for the old way in 1.1 works just fine, here is what I use (email is bogus for this) The commented line are for Net 1.1 which works. Any ideas what I need to do? Thanks using System.Net.Mail;//using System.Web.Mail; protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  {  ERMessag...

System.Net.Mail is giving error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'string' to 'System.Net.Mail.MailAddress'
I'm getting an error while trying to use the wizard to create a form and than pass it the vaibles to Mail. Any help would be much appreciated. SmtpClient smtpClient = new SmtpClient(); MailMessage message = new MailMessage(); try {   message.From = txtEmail.Text; message.To.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.Subject = "Feedback"; message.CC.Add("admin1@yoursite.com"); message.CC.Add("admin2@yoursite.com"); message.IsBodyHtml = false; message.Body = txtMessage.Text; smtpClient.Send(message); lblStatus.Text = "Email successfully sent."; } catch (Exception ex) { lbl...

System Error 5 With Net Use
We have one (1) user out of 125 that consistently has trouble mapping to our NetWare volume. We have a drive mapping statement in a vbs login script, but have also tried a simple net use command once the mapping fails in the script. When executing net use from a command line, we get a message that says: password is invalid system error 5 has occurred We are using domain authentication, but even if I try my admin user name and password at this point, the mapping fails with the same message. The client is Win2k. I do not have a lot of NetWare experience, so please let me kn...

Error with using .Net 3.0 instead of .Net 2.0
Hi,  I have recently made a website in microsoft visual web developer 2005.  When I have uploaded my site to my host I am having trouble.  when I visit the page www.amcnewzealand.co.nz I get an error message.  My web hosting company does not support .net 3.0 but instead use .net 2.0.  My website is made with file extensions .aspx.  I am usure how to tell what version of .net I am using and wether this is the only cause.  At first there was a 403 error occuring. Help would be much appreciated as I have been struggling with this for some time. The version...

get mail using System.Net.Mail
How can i get Email usign System.Net.Mail ?? Hello poloxy  ,the System.Net.Mail used only for sending emails and not to receive them.Read the full documentation at  MSDN Library http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.aspx  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you SO how can I receive mail ? Try one of these pop3 librarieshttp://www.codeproject.com/info/search.aspx?artkw=pop3  Hosam Kamel Remember to click on Mark as answer on the post that helped you HI,   if you want to send email by using System....

Stiil having trouble with System.Net.WebPermission error
I'm having trouble figuring out the solution to this one." src="/emoticons/emotion-4.gif">I have the error message raised below when I request data be sent via a web service to a windows forms control that is running inside an "Object" tag in an Internet Explorer page (an aspx page.)I have added FullTrust to the web.config file in the root of the web application, but that has not helped.  I don't really understand what I'm doing with security policy, or even what the problem is, so I'm loath to try much for fear of really messing things up.Any ideas as to what may be needed here to make...

Converting classic to .NET 2 code, and .NET gets an error back from ADS?
 For future-proofing, our Internal Phone Directory is being moved onto our AD servers, and obviously we're using LDAP for queries.To get the phoneboook queries working, I adapted the current classic ASP code to use LDAP, and that works fine. However, we're wanting to move these pages to .NET, and that's where the problem comes in. Using the same basic logic from the Classic code (90% of its unchanged) to produce an LDAP query, I get the error  155 Unknown error (0x80005000)This is using the same website, and so the same credentials  - unless aspx pages run und...

Getting multiple errors
<Pages validateRequest="true" /> causes an error because of "validateRequest" is not a valid attribute <!-- %@ Page validateRequest="false" language="vb" CodeBehind="EditHtml.aspx.vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="ASPNET.StarterKit.Portal.EditHtml" % --> causes an error because of "validateRequest", again ...

Internal server error using System.Net.WebResponse
Hi, Can anyone help me? I'm developping a WebDAV application, and I have written a DAV class which source code follows: ***************************************************************** public class DAV { private WebRequest Wreq; private WebResponse Wres; public DAV(string http) { Wreq = WebRequest.Create(http); Wreq.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; Wreq.ContentType = "text/xml"; } public void setQuery(string method, string XMLQuery) ...

getting error when used resources in C#.net 2008
Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture.  Make sure "App_GlobalResources.Resource.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_global.asax.qjuisdsh" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully signed. my cs page is like this using System; using System.Configuration; using System.Data; using System.Linq; using System.Web; using System.Web.Security; using System.Web.UI; using System.Web.UI.HtmlControls; using System.Web.UI.WebControls; using System....

Web resources about - Getting System.Net.WebPermission error when using any module with feed - asp.net.dotnetnuke

You've Been Haacked
You've been Haacked and you like it

Todo < Historian < Thayersfarm
BetseyThompsonComesToCarmarthen : Betsey Thompson Comes to Carmarthen By A. B. Randall, B.SC.(ECON.), M.R.T.P.I. WEBPERMISSION A. B. Randall ...