Getting error when trying to run DNN 3.1 on host

I am getting the folling error when trying to run DNN 3.1 for the first time.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'DotNetNuke.Common.Global'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Application Codebehind="Global.asax.vb" Inherits="DotNetNuke.Common.Global" %>

Source File: e:\domains\beethe.com\wwwroot\global.asax    Line: 1

Any Ideas?

I am using serverdivision as my host.  They said they gave my rights to do it.
Have no idea what to do now.

0
jettman26

I had to reinstall.
loc
0
orcities
7/7/2005 4:53:40 PM
I got it to work.  For some reason when I ftp up the files it didn't get them all.  I had their tech support install it for me.
0
jettman26

Getting path denied error when trying to run copied .NET 1.1 project to new server
I am having a problem getting a project started on one server transferred to another.  USS folder does not exist. Entire Solution and Project Files were copied onto server. Know I am missing something here. Thanks.   Server Error in '/USS' Application. Access to the path "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\uss\7cb89631\ffe5ea77" is denied. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the cod...

Install DotNetNuke 3.1.1 on Share Hosting Error

DNN 3.1.1: Install.aspx tries to run again after application process recycle...
I have upgraded a DNN 3.1.0 install to DNN 3.1.1.Now everytime the application process recycles (after a change to web.config or after the application has been left idle for a long period) the Intall.aspx page tries to run AGAIN and then encounters an "Object reference" error. If I go up and delete the Install.aspx?..... from the end of the URL and hit enter the page loads fine.If I go to the host menu it shows that it is DNN 3.1.1 running. I just had a very similar experience with mine.Check your database itself and see if any of the stored procedures have a create/modify date of the time...

I get Server Error in '/' Application. when trying to upgrade to 3.1.1
The permissions did get screwed up but I went back and added aspnet with full control and I still get the above error.  Anybody got a clue? What's the remainder of the error message? In web.config you can set CustomErrors="Off", in IE Tools|Internet Options|Advanced check Show Friendly Error messages, or right click on the page and view source to see if you can find additional information to help diagnose your problem.Dwayne J. Baldwin Access to the path "E:\Inetpub\Websites\pinnaclecomputerservice.biz\Install\Install.htm" is denied. Description: An unhandled exceptio...

Migrating DNN 3.1.1. to use VS.net 2005 give errors
I follow the Readme carefully extracting the DNN files, create the virtual directory, create the DotNetNuke database on SQL and editted the web.config file appropriatelyHere comes the problems: After I openend DotNetNuke.sln file, the VS.net 2005 migration wizard took me through the steps in upgrading my solution with the following errors ERROR: Unable to find codebehind file ~/admin/Containers/container.vb. ERROR : Unable to parse file portals\_default\containers\_default\no container.ascx. ERROR: Unable to find codebehind file ~/admin/Containers/container.vb. ERROR : Una...

"Error loading XML file :\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705"...does this mean v.1.1 code trying to run in a v.1.0 app?
I uploaded some new files into my existing third-party hosted site, including a .DLL into \BIN\, which is running AS.NET v.1.0. I got the following error message when browsing to one of the pages using the code in the namespace defined in the DLL: Error loading XML file c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config Request for the permission of type System.Security.Permissions.StrongNameIdentityPermission, mscorlib, Version=1.0.3300.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed. (c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.0.3705\Config\machine.config) ...

Running DNN compliled on .net FW 1.0.3705 on .net FW 1.1
I have a DNN 1.10c portal that I developed and compiled on VS02 on a PC with .net Framework 1.0.3705. It is currently in production on a machine running .net Framework 1.0.3705. I am preparing to move this portal to a new server with Win2003 server and .net Framework 1.1.4322. Are there be any problems due to the differing version of the .net Framework? Is it neccessary to recomplie on a machine with .net Framework 1.1.4322? Any other suggestions or comments would be welcomed! synergetic_1 1.0 framework items should run on 1.1 as is, but not vice versa. To com...

UserApp 3.6.1 gets 504 errors with NAM 3.1.1 IR2
I'm front-ending IDM UserApp 3.6.1 (patch C) with NAM 3.1.1 IR2 It mostly works. Until I go into the admin section and go to Portlet admin I click the little "plus" sign to expand the portlets. Then I find the portlet (I've tried the 3 common ones - Detail, Search, and Org Chart). I then click the "plus" next to the portlet and it expands to show me the registered portlet. If I then click on the registered portlet to actually administer it, NAM immediately throws a: Status: 504 Gateway Time-Out Description: Lost connection to origin server...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade problems
I'm did an upgrade, from DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.1.1All sites are downs.. I have a bunch of custom modules, and portals..I did the following when upgrading:backup filesystem + dbcopy old web.config to another location.copy install version of dnn over current installcopy machinekeys and sitesqlserver settings from old web.configand rename release.config to web.configbut i get the same errorAn error has occurred.An error has occurred.i got this as a link?..../Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=The+data+at+the+root+level+is+invalid.+Line+1%2c+position+1.&content=0Any help appreciated..thx th...

Upgrade DNN 3.0.13 -> 3.1.0 error: The type initializer for "DotNetNuke.Data.DataProvider" threw an exception
I tested the upgrade on a test system and worked fine. But now I have published the code to upgrade the production site and receive this following error:  Server Error in '/' Application. Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: typeSource Error: An unhandled exception was generated during ...

Has anyone tried DNN 3.1 and CS 1.1 ?
has anyone made any progess, or alteast tried how these two work together (SSO would be great ) ?Thanks, Vladan StrigoMy website: Vladan.Strigo.NET...

Web resources about - Getting error when trying to run DNN 3.1 on host - asp.net.dotnetnuke

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ – What Did You Think?
It’s been over ten years since George Lucas finished his prequel trilogy, and it’s no secret they left plenty of fans twiddling their thumbs ...

Martin Shkreli Bails Out for $5M and Other Reasons to Hate Him
The Karma Police have arrested failed hedge fund manager and World's Worst Person Martin Shkreli. No, WAIT! Those are the actual real police ...

BlackBerry CEO rips Apple’s stance on privacy and encryption
BlackBerry, a company whose smartphones most people haven't bought for years, posted an unusual missive on user privacy and security earlier ...

Local Economist Explains the Interest Rate Hoopla
Economist Alan Harvey shows me what the raise in the interest rate looks like. Charles Mudede On Wednesday, Fed chairwoman Janet Yellen raised ...

Immigration fuels Cruz-Rubio Republican clash
MUSCATINE, Iowa (AP) — More than any other issue, immigration is driving the rivalry between Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz, presidential rivals focusing ...

The Latest: Shooter's Friend Also Charged With Sham Marriage
The Latest: Documents detail alleged sham marriage of man accused of conspiring with shooters

WhatsApp back online in Brazil after temporarily block
WhatsApp back online in Brazil after temporarily block

Look out, Jeff Bezos: Spending bill would undermine development of new rocket engine
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' plans to build rocket engines for future heavy lift rockets to orbit may be undermined by a provision in the omnibus ...

Microsoft starts shipping Office Mobile with every Windows 10 phone
Microsoft may be putting a lot of weight behind their Office apps for iOS and Android phones, it hasn’t forgotten about its own operating system. ...

Notable Mistrials in Cases of Police Deaths
Hung juries not uncommon in high-profile cases involving use of force by police