From 2.1.2 to 3.2 ?

Hi everyone!

I've been away from DNN for quite some time, feels good to be back. Hi to anyone who remembers me.

Just starting to look at taking our intranet portal from 2.1.2 to, I guess, 3.2. We have 3rd party modules and custom code. Is there a best practice for the upgrade/migration? Just looking for some guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

0
gsellman

I'm no expert, but I too had a 2.12 site in which I migrated to 3.1.1

While researching the migration, many suggested that I had to remove all of my third party modules first.  Then perform the upgrade.  Then add as many third party DNN 3.x modules back in again.  Hmmmm...that means I would still loose a bunch of stuff.

I suppose you could experiment with this by backing up everything (web and SQL) and try to upgrade.  Or make a copy of your web site/DB on a test workstation and perform the upgrade there.

I, at last, decided to create a clean DNN 3.1.1 install.  Then recreate the site, page by page.  It gave me the opportunity the clean up a bunch of stuff and organize my site a little better.  Lots of luck!
Thanks, Rick
(Always have a backup backup plan.)
0
grasshopper