Erros - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I keep getting this error on an installation of DNN 3.2.2 After doing a LOT of searching and trying of various fixes I concluded that the best is to transfer users elsewhere and start over. However, after purchasing one of the modules to transfer users on snowcovered that module also throws that error!!! So I'M STUCK... While I have taken up this with the module developer this is not going to solve my problem - the module works elsewehere... Can I ask someone for a few steps on how to transfer my users manually - perhaps with a few SQL Queries... There is Enterprise Manager access to my db and I have transferred the tables to local server, but these come under a different admin user... Well, too many issues already , what I really ask is:

1/ How can the Object Reference Error be tracked to something that is possible to fix?

2/ How can users be transferred out of a portal just using SQL Queries.

0
webguru03

set reference to an instance
I have a page where I add records using 36 six textboxes. I have an if else statement where if the textboxes are blank an error message should appear but if they are all completed they are cleared after the data is submitted. When I add some information in all the textboxes and submit it the textboxes clear like they should but when I leave them blank it and submit I get an error message that states: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for mor...

3.0.12
To prevent problems with 3rd party software referencing core DNN assemblies, please change the references for DotNetNuke.WebControls and DotNetNuke.WebUtility to be project references rather than file. This way, all DNN assemblies reference the same version of DotNetNuke.WebControls and DotNetNuke.WebUtility. Thanks Jim P.s. I can provide the entire file, if necessary. Otherwise, I have attached the diff, for DotNetNuke.vbproj, to make this change: 113,114c113,114 < AssemblyName = "DotNetNuke.WebControls" < HintP...

setting up another DotNetNuke instance on same machine
Created a new DotNetNuke database (SQL DTS). Created a new DotNetNuke folder (xcopy). Modified config.web to use the new database. Running mk.bat produces the error below (No VS, just 100% pure ASP.Net Web Matrix). Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And all this becuase installing 1.0.10c on top of 1.0.10 sucks, with no-one willing to give clear direction on how to do it poperly (ie results in an installation that is not broken, yet still gets the required rubbish deleted and the fixes installed :( ************************************ * DotNetNuke Command Line Com...

error “object reference not set to an instance of an object”
I develop a usercontrol in my windows application. I got a error. I can’t rectify the error. Please help me I have two .cs files one is  user.cs another is Form1.cs.  User.cs is usercontrol,Form1.cs is application.  The error is “object reference not set to an instance of an object” This program working well in .NET 1.1 Currentlly I am changed into .NET 2.0   What is differ from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0? // Code of user.cs using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.ComponentModel; using System.Drawing; using System.Data; using Syst...

how to create instance of a reference dll in c#.net
 Hi,    I am using the dll named PlgProxy.dll in my application, instead of add referencing by (add reference in the solution explorer), how can i create the instance of the class present inside the dll PlgProxy. Thanks,  you will have to do VB.Net Imports Your Assembly Name   C# using Your Assembly NameMAKMark as Answer if this reply helps youMVP ASP/ASP.NetASP.Net Hosting : Host DepotMy Site : ASPSnippets  Hi mate,You can instantiate an object of the above dll  this way : PlgProxy obj = new PlgProxy();Import the Namespace associated wit...

strange “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error
Hello Certain pages on my asp.net site will crash when the page is submitted before the previous request is fully loaded in the browser. I get an “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error. If the page is allowed to fully load, the error will not occur. Anyone come across this? The environment is VS.net 2002 with framework version 1.0thanks My best guess would be that when the form is being submitted, it requires certain information that it cannot locate because that information has not finished loading, and is therefore null. If you don't think this is your problem, ...

Database is not showing up in IDE of VWD. “Object reference not set to instance of an object”.
Hello all,In visual web developer, the .mdf files where showing up in the database explorer until 2nd of march. But now it is not visible there. When I try to double click on that .mdf  file, VWD says “Object reference not set to instance of an object”. The only modification I made to the system is updating msn messenger to windows live messenger. I reinstalled VWD, but that was not helpful. Any idea what might have happened?Thanks Joseph Jameswww.beforeyoubuy.co.uk Try creating the connection to the server again and check if you are able to access the mdf file. RightClick on DataConn...

String reference not set to an instance of a String. Parameter name: s .......help
 Heyi have a feed back form. when the user clicks on the submit button , all the information are stored in a text file. but now i am getting an error.......i cant figure it outcan someone please help me out. i am stuck.here is my code:<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="fbform.aspx.cs" Inherits="fbform" %><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" ><head runa...

String reference not set to an instance of a String. Parameter name: s error
I'm (attempting) implementing a customer membership provider for an application (code from the custom SQL membership provider video) and upon creating a new user in with a standard create user wizard control in debug mode, I get this error:  String reference not set to an instance of a String. Parameter name: s I semi-understand why but can't quite get it. Here's the method that throws the error:          ''' <summary>        ''' Encode p...

Dynamic Web References in Settings.Settings
Greetings, With ASP.Net in the 1.1. framework, I commonly created web site solutions that contained a project for web pages, and a separate assembly project(.dll) for business objects.  The web project would reference in the business object .dll.  The business object project had an app.config file in which I contained a dynamic reference to a web service (typically for database access).  The reference needed to be dynamic, so that I could change the reference for different deployments simply by changing the entry in the config file. In the ...

Set 2 variables equil without setting reference
Hello.  I have 2 instances of a class object. One holds the data retreived from the database (it's a silverlight project) and the other holds the updated information as the user enters data into the form.  The problem I'm experiencing is when I update the hold variable, with the fresh data, the variables are setting instance equality instead of just updating the variables.  Is there some way that I can set class object value equality at a highlevel such as obj1 = obj2 or do I have to go into each elemental level such as obj1.person.name = obj2.person.name? Thanks,Vinn...

Cannot call instance member without an instance reference [Edit]
Hi, I was using ToolsClass public class in my master web page to share useful methods between all web pages and everything worked fine. Now I have created separated assembly and moved all class to it. Now when i try to access methods from assembly like ToolsClass.ScriptExecute I get error message "Error 3 (PE211) Cannot call instance member "ScriptExecute" without an instance reference" As I understand I need to create new instance of the class like this abc:=new ToolsClass abc.ScriptExecute Right? So the question would be why everything works in Master ...

Problem with non-.NET dll references after VS.NET install
I am not able to use a dll because the vb project references aren't right. I added COM+ Services Type Library, Microsoft Active Server Pages ObjectContext Object, and changed Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.6 Library to 2.7 Library. I am using a Session object via the AspTypeLibrary.Session call throughout the dll, but when i run my asp (not .net) code, the browser just hangs. Wondering if I needed to change or add sourcecode. Schleyer...

Visual Studio.Net and using the latest .net framework references
I have installed the .net framework v1.1 on my machine as I am running/developing sites running the v1.1 of asp.net. So earlier today I tried to use a v1.1 .net feature which was the hasrows() method of the SqlDataReader class only to find that I wasnt running v1.1 in visual studio. As I got a compilation error in Visual Studio when i tried to compile this. I then looked at the references to the system classes that visual studio adds when you create a project and would you believe it they were still using the v1.0 files? How do i get it to use the v1.1 files so that i can use these new featu...

Instance reference
Hi all. Does anyone know if it is possible in Dynascript to get a component instance (PB NVO) through a call to another components method in Jaguar. In the script I do: //create component manager var cm = java.CreateComponent("NHBS/n_comp_manager") //use component manager to create login component and logg in the user var ses_id = cm.create_comp("n_login","username="+username+"|password="+password+"|timeout=10"); //use cm.get_login method to get a reference to the n_login instance creted by component manager (cm) var lo = cm....

Web resources about - Erros - Object reference not set to an instance of an object - asp.net.dotnetnuke

European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The European Terrestrial Reference System 1989 ( ETRS89 ) is a ECEF (Earth-Centered, Earth-Fixed) geodetic Cartesian reference frame , in which ...

New York Times Removes Reference to President Obama and Cable News
... — Noah Rothman (@NoahCRothman) December 18, 2015 The Times story was published Thursday, but by Friday morning, the reference to cable news ...

Reference Pricing tweak for Medicaid
Reference pricing is a common payment reform for commercial insurance. Common, non-urgent, deferrable procedures are prime candidates. Hip replacement ...

Here's how to remove all Donald Trump references when you're online
... screen, a new Google Chrome extension can help. Here's how the Trump Filter works. The extension " searches the web pages you visit for references ...

Donald Trump prompts Nazi references
Some conservatives and political commentators say the GOP frontrunner's rhetoric has crossed the line

Zootopia Trailer Adds a Godfather Reference to Disney Film - Collider
Watch a new trailer for the Disney animated movie Zootopia, which takes place in a world inhabited by talking animals and features Jason Bateman ...

Hillary Clinton Ends Democratic Debate With A Star Wars Reference
The other day, President Obama ended his White House press conference with a reference to The [...]

Review: Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones
These Klipsch X20i Reference In-Ear Headphones are pretty darn fantastic, and worth every penny.`

O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy
O’Malley References How Old Clinton And Sanders Are While Explaining His ISIS Strategy

Disney Inundates General Hospital Episode With References To New Year's Eve College Football Playoff ...
ESPN says it isn’t worried about viewership for tomorrow’s college football playoff games on New Year’s Eve , but the degree to which TV viewers ...