Errors inserting modules onto tabs of different parent portals.

Having problems inserting modules onto tabs.

No problems inserting YAF, Speerio File Manager Pro and Wiki when the url is a child portal of:
Intranet.mysite.com but Get the following error when inserting into any different parent portal. Various other modules seem to load ok but these specificlly don't: Same skin is applied in these various portals. Why would they load for one alias but not the others?.
extranet.mysite.com
extranet.mysite.com/dealer
public.mysite.com
etc.
******************* Error ************************
ModuleId: -1
ModuleDefId: -1
FriendlyName:
ModuleControlSource:
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors
DatabaseVersion: 2.1.2
AssemblyVersion: 2.1.2.16001
PortalID: 2046
PortalName: Mercedes Benz
UserID: 2
UserName: SuperUser
ActiveTabID: 357
ActiveTabName: TBA
AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://extranet.mysite.com/Default.aspx?tabid=357
ExceptionGUID: 4301c9ec-8c90-4b98-a9d7-c89f8888260c
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
Message: Unhandled Error Loading Module
InnerException: System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: External component has thrown an exception. at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors(CompilerResults results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData, String sourceFile, String sourceString) at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() at System.Web.UI.UserControlParser.CompileIntoType() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledType(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.UserControlParser.GetCompiledUserControlType(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings)
TargetSite:
StackTrace:
HelpLink:
Source:
0
SmartSource

Testing all Modules for this host.  Same problem with:

Speerio Site Map
AEN SiteList
0
SmartSource

Error:Reindexing content works in Parent portal but not on a child portal for custom modules
 I have two portals. one a parent and the other a child. I've a custom module with Isearchable funs implemented and an instance of it is added to two taps, one in each portal. When I index the content, only the module in the parent portal gets indexed! I had tested reindexing on the child portal by adding the Text module and it works fine. It hase nothing to do with the Supported feature field, because it is the same for all instances of the Desktop module and is set to 3 Do I need to look up the source code for reindexing content? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx I...

Creating a new parent portal
I got clean DNN setup on my Local PC. Now I tried to create new Portal same local PC by login as host account: Host -> Portals - > add new portal.... I got an error "DotNetNuke Configuration Error". What I want is to create new parent portal on this local PC. Thanks What was the new portal URL that you gave this new parent portal? Also, could you post the specific application error you received on the screen? ThanksJosh Weinstein DNNSkins.com 4Birckhead Consulting Services You may have the concept of parent and child portals confused a bit. The only real diff...

Module to dubplicate modules on different tabs
I know I have seen a custom module that will allow other modules to show up on multiple tabs. I can't remember what it is called or where to get it. I am using dnn 2.1.2 and I needs a seciton of links to show up on about 6 different tabs. Thanks in advance It's a shadow module. I believe webstone.com has it for download.dawn Download Webstone.Shadow Module. http://www.webstone.com/Default.aspx?tabid=37 Here's what Dotnetnuke.com describes Webstone.Shadow as: The Webstone Shadow Module will allow you to create a “Shadow” (display only copy) of an exisiting module on your s...

displaying different parts of the same module on different tabs
hi, any way to display different view type ascx control on different tabs in a dnn site. im making quite a big module and id like to able to get to a different sub section by clicking on a child tab that different from whats displayed on the parent tab - but from the same module. anyway to do this or should i split this module into two smaller modules, ie must every section that has has an add/edit/delete required to be a module on its own You can include multiple module definitions in each module 'package'. In the installation file this would be: <name>My PA Modul...

Displaying parent portal tabs in sub portal
Hi all,Can some one guide me how to display the parent portal tabs in the sub portal?Thanks I don't think you can. Maybe someone who knows better will post - but I don't think you can without modification to the core. Why don't you state exactly what it is that you are trying to do, because there is probably a better way to achieve it than this. If you want to setup advertising for the parent site on the child sites for example. - Rob------------------s-i-g----------------------Remember! If all else fails... everything's failed! Hi Rob,Thanks for finding the time to help. I managed to ge...

Different controls of one module on different tabs?
Hi there, I´m writing a custom module which will display a bunch of different views of data. So I´ve created one control for every view I need and so it works fine. I tried both, placeholder and keywords, to show these controls, but just because of the growing number of controls I have to implement some kind of navigation menu. So, as DotNetNuke allready has a menu which is used and which kan be skinned it would be a good way to use this menu for the different controls. But I was only able to put the whole module onto a tab. Is there a way to put different controls of one module onto diff...

inserting module into portalsettings.activetab.modules Error
I am getting an error on the page when i modify the modules that are on the active page using :PortalSettings.ActiveTab.Modules.Add(Mymodule) in the INIT statement in the codebehind."A critical error has occurred.Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."I'm assuming that i need to take one more step to 'rescan' the modules on the active tab or something .. any ideas ?...

Error-Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal
When I put out my DNN3.0.11 on the virtual sapces,I can't creat default portal,which error got from Installation Status Report. Am i have'n got the power to create the folder? Can i creat portal by manual? Thank you for your help....

Modules on different tabs
I'm new to DDN and played around with version 2.0.3 for a couple of hours. There is one thing I don't like: You are not able to show a module on different tabs. You can move it to another tab or check the box for "Display Module on all Tabs". At least it should be possible to "Display Module on all SUB-Tabs" but the best would be a many-to-many relationship beetween modules and tabs... Any plans to implement this? You might wish to use the shadow module follow the link at http://cathal.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=92 Thi...

Portal tab error
I finally got my SQL DB to work. I copied it from my local PC up to the host. At first it didn't work saying my domain was not registered as a portal. So I changed some DB entries and everything is ok. Expect the portal tab under host I get this error DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Adding Module to ContentPane ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleSettings ModuleSettings, PortalSettings PortalSettings) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- Did I miss...

More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page
Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?Unhandled error loading module.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirec...

DNN 3.013 Error trying to create parent or child portals using template (any/all templates error)
Error: Signup is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RoleId', table 'CoderocksPortal.dbo.aspnet_Roles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RoleId', table 'CoderocksPortal.dbo.aspnet_Roles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStr...

Promote Child Portal to Parent and Parent Portal to Child
Here is my situation. When I created our website at work, we were in charge of a Division of the company in a Directorate, Division, Branch style setup. So I developed the site with the Division as the parent. Now we have been requested to re-do and start maintaining the Directorate level website and all childs. So how do I promote a Child Portal (Directorate) to the Parent Portal and my current Parent Portal (Branch) to a child? I tried changing the portal aliases to no avail. Any other suggestions?Jeremy...

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module
Hi! I have this error when trying to build a project of mine, using XE2 Update4: {code} [ILINK32 Error] Error: Error processing module [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link {code} The project uses some source files from another project that is maintained by a different developer. Since I did an update on those files, I get this message. Whenever I restore the files, build is successful, so it is pretty obvious that something changed in those files that makes linking unsuccessful. But how can I track down which file is the one (out from around 100)? Regarding to the he...

Web resources about - Errors inserting modules onto tabs of different parent portals. - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Inserting Kate
jurvetson posted a photo: the speaking GPS avatar that we came to love.. more prep photos below... You can hear her voice in the video compilation ...

Inserting the Galaxy Note 5’s S Pen backwards can permanently damage the device
One of the features Samsung highlighted when it unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 was the device's new S Pen slot design. The Note 5 features a spring-loaded ...

Inserting Slavery Into The Climate Debate
Chris Hayes compares the fight against fossil fuels to the abolitionist movement. He states plainly that “there is absolutely no conceivable ...

Samsung smart TVs inserting ads into third-party apps
... playback have pissed off a number of consumers. People with smart TVs from Samsung have been complaining that the electronics maker is inserting ...

Inserting images into Gmail could be so much better
When Google first launched the new compact compose window in Gmail, many of you might have noticed something annoying about inserting images. ...

Gawker tells Steven Crowder to "stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face ...
"... in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened ...

Gmail's Shortcut for Inserting Hyperlinks
... but that doesn't mean Google shouldn't improve them. Many people complained that Gmail's rich text editor doesn't have a shortcut for inserting ...

Why Hollywood Is Inserting These Two Huge Chinese Actresses Into Its Summer Blockbusters
... It shows the enormous potential in China for distributors. We've previously discussed how Hollywood is starting to cater to China by inserting ...

Samsung SmartTVs are inserting ads into movies - Business Insider
Random Pepsi pop-up ads have been appearing when SmartTV users watch content through the device's third-party apps.