Error while creating a child portal from a template with the blog module

Hello,

I'm using DotNetNuke 3.2 and Blog module 3.1.20 from DotNetNuke projet.

I created a child portal which contains the blog module.
Then, I created a template from this portal. This template will be used to create others portal of the same type.
When I try to create a new portal with this template, I have an error "duplicate key" in PortalController.vb
I looked the code, and I think the problem comes from the blob module which has several definitions (View_Blog, Blog_List, New_Blog, search_Blog, Blog_archive).

Does somebody have a solution ?

Best regards,
Jeff

0
jfyoteau

Just banged on the same problem. This is quite problematic because it stops the import of the following pages.

This also happens when trying to import a template with modules copied on several pages.

I haven't investigated much there but it might be that the attempt to control if modules are instances or not in the PortalController/ParseTabs method does not work properly.

Thanks for checking that problem.

By the way,  maybe some exception catching up would be safer in such circumstances, such as with other scheduled scripts like file synch or indexing, i.e when the same task has to be repeated over a list of items, in order to make sure it completes to the end even if a particular exception is raised in the process. This is especially true when you rely on 3rd party source code from the public interfaces, which you can't grant for exception safe (even if the problem there seems more likely to reside in the core)

Jesse
www.aricie.net
www.aricie.com
0
Jessynoo
3/3/2006 11:23:07 AM
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?

Thanks
Kieran
0
krsouthern

DNN 3.013 Error trying to create parent or child portals using template (any/all templates error)
Error: Signup is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RoleId', table 'CoderocksPortal.dbo.aspnet_Roles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'RoleId', table 'CoderocksPortal.dbo.aspnet_Roles'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStr...

Error-Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal
When I put out my DNN3.0.11 on the virtual sapces,I can't creat default portal,which error got from Installation Status Report. Am i have'n got the power to create the folder? Can i creat portal by manual? Thank you for your help....

Error:Reindexing content works in Parent portal but not on a child portal for custom modules
 I have two portals. one a parent and the other a child. I've a custom module with Isearchable funs implemented and an instance of it is added to two taps, one in each portal. When I index the content, only the module in the parent portal gets indexed! I had tested reindexing on the child portal by adding the Text module and it works fine. It hase nothing to do with the Supported feature field, because it is the same for all instances of the Desktop module and is set to 3 Do I need to look up the source code for reindexing content? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx I...

Creating a new parent portal
I got clean DNN setup on my Local PC. Now I tried to create new Portal same local PC by login as host account: Host -> Portals - > add new portal.... I got an error "DotNetNuke Configuration Error". What I want is to create new parent portal on this local PC. Thanks What was the new portal URL that you gave this new parent portal? Also, could you post the specific application error you received on the screen? ThanksJosh Weinstein DNNSkins.com 4Birckhead Consulting Services You may have the concept of parent and child portals confused a bit. The only real diff...

Error creating Child Portal
When I try to create a child portal I get the following error mesage. Any ideas? Richard Error: Signup is currently unavailable. DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Input string was not in a correct format. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value, IFormatProvider provider) at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDouble(IFormatProvider provider) at System.Conve...

Error When creating child portal
This is the error. I filled out all the info and don't understand what the problem is. I had made a new portal yesterday and it was running but today I got the same error message as when I tried to create a new one. An error has occurred. DotNetNuke.PageLoadException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: child ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: child at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) at DotNetNuke.CDefault.Page_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursiv...

Error after creating child portal
I've got DNN 1.0.10d up and running on my WebHost4Life account and I tried to create a Child Portal. The directory was created and the entries in the Portals table seem to be correct but when trying to access the new portal I get the following error: Server Error in '/revellers' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration...

Child portal create error.
    Dnn Version :4.02 & 4.03    Database :Sql Server 2000    Descrition: When create child portal, it throw a exception and then I got a child portal which have no portal alias with it.  the exception is describe as below.       "DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The role 'Administrators' already exists. ---> System.Configuration.Provider.ProviderException: The role 'Administrators' already exists. at System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.CreateRole(String roleName) at System.Web...

Error creating portal from template
Hi,I have just exported a portal to a template and then tried to create a new site based upon that template. I got this:Error: Signup is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "507" Key being added: "507" ---> System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "507" Key being added: "507" at System.Collections.Hashtable.Insert(Object key, Object nvalue, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Hashtable.Add(Object key, Object value) at DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalController.Pars...

Creating child portal from a template
Hello all,I am desperately trying to clone my site to a child portal (to be translated then to another language), but no luck so far. I exported the site (200+ tabs) to a template successfully. Then I tried to add a child portal based on this saved template, but the operation never finished and the browser returned the timeout error. I checked the database -- only the first 47 tabs have been created. I hoped that it was a transient error, so I killed this incomplete portal and tried to create a new portal again -- exactly the same result -- 47 tabs created out o...

Error creating a child portal ...
Hi again, I get the following error when adding a child portal; please help ! Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Error converting data type nvarchar to datetime. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location ...

Error trying to create a child portal
DotNetNuke Configuration Error If using .NET Framework 1.0 - the {Server}/ASPNET user account must have Full Control If using .NET Framework 1.1 - the {Server}/NetworkService user account must have Full Control I'm using win2k server and framework 1.1 however I do not see a network services acount. Most likely because it doesnt exist in 2K. The asp.net machine account has full control of the directory. I even reappied permisions and still seem to have the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated Paul That is a typo it should say "if Win 2K3" not if...

Errors creating portals from custom templates
I have created many templates from portals and then subsequent portals from those templates without issues.I recently upgraded to 3.1.1 but not sure if this has to do with the probelm I am having.I have created a template from a portal and then when I create a ne wportal from that template I get the following error:------------------ Error: Signup is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "453" Key being added: "453" ---> System.ArgumentException: Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: "453" Key b...

Error when creating child portal #3
Hi! I have a problem when creating a child portal. I get a errormessage Object cannot be cast from DBNull to other types. There is a post on this forum describing the exact same problem I have, but there was no answer on it. Here´s the post: http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=640589 What´s the problem, why can´t I create the child portal? Have you checked that the root directory that DNN is in has full permissions? Regards PS - I answered your post about a skin in the Resources forum - did you see it?Regards, Nick Free Css Sk...

Web resources about - Error while creating a child portal from a template with the blog module - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Wikipedia:Creating a bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is often far simpler to request a bot job from an existing bot. If you have only periodic requests or are uncomfortable with programming languages, ...

Sandi Krakowski’s Tips for Creating Great Content
Quick tips to help you create great content for your business.

Bug - Creating a Video.Watches Action stopped working - Facebook-Entwickler
Since today executing a POST on a me/video.wacthes endpoints no longer works, it was working around 10 hours ago since then the call always returns ...

Facebook simplifies process for creating repeat events
Facebook introduced a new feature for events this week that allows users to quickly create a similar event as one they previously hosted or attended. ...

The Obama campaign won by creating their own Facebook, with unique features for political campaigns.
... seen as too dangerous to nominate someone who is so thoroughly narcissistic, arrogant and dishonest. The Obama campaign won basically by creating ...

Creating A Road Map To Market Your Startup
Spreading the word can be challenging when you’re new to an industry, don’t have a big budget, and have little helpbut it’s possible.You’ll need ...

Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine ...
Get Dance Machine - The Fun Video Editor for Creating Music Videos to share on Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter on the App Store. See screenshots ...

Creating Economic Dynamism: Joseph E. Stiglitz
DAVOS/SWITZERLAND, 25JAN13 - Joseph E. Stiglitz, Professor, Columbia University, USA talks during the session 'Creating Economic Dynamism' at ...

YouTube - Super Human Abilities: Tila Tequila Creating Energy Balls & Electricity Out of Thin Air!
Veröffentlicht am 24.04.2013 Hey Guys! For a long time now I have been able to do some pretty supernatural things that most would consider "SUPER ...