Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2

I am trying to upgrade from dnn version 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. Following the exact instructions included in the 3.2.2 package I recieve the following error:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: ?

Source Error:

Line 256:                <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 257:                <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 258:                <add assembly="*"/>
Line 259:            </assemblies>
Line 260:

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Adam

0
M000761

This normally means there is a DLL missing in your bin folder. Was there a second part to that error message?
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
1/2/2006 3:24:47 PM

The only other information I can see is as follows:

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: ?

Source Error:

Line 256:                <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 257:                <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 258:                <add assembly="*"/>
Line 259:            </assemblies>
Line 260:

Source File: c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config    Line: 258

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

I have checked the bin folder nad don't believe I have missed anything. I have done a clean install of 3.2.1 and have attempted the upgrade locally to 3.2.2 (i.e. 3.2.1 is installed on my laptop)

One thing I have noticed is that the number of .dll files in 3.2.1 is a lot more than in the 3.2.2 version (see screen captures)

3.2.1

3.2.2

Thanks again.

Adam

0
M000761
1/3/2006 2:18:44 AM
If you used the source download, recompile the solution to make sure
all the dll's in the bin are updated and created.  Then copy all
the files form the bin directory to the site that is having the
problem.

Another option would be to download the install (non-source) download and use that instead to create your sites.  I use the install for all my installs, just becuase it is cleaner and I don't have to manually delete files that should not be on my production site (.vb files, some resx files, etc).  You really only need the source if you want to make changes to the core, or you just want to look at the code to see how things are done.

S. Shawn Mehaffie
PC Resources, LLC
0
smehaffie
1/3/2006 5:13:44 AM

Thanks for your response...I am actually using the install version of dnn to upgrade from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2. The only reason I am doing this is so that I know how to upgrade dnn correctly. So far I haven't had any success either on my webhoat or locally.

I have copied the files from a fresh webhost4life install (3.2.1) from my webhost to my localhost (including sql server database) and set that up successfully. I then try to perform an upgrade (on the localhost) using the 3.2.2 install version following the correct instructions when I receive the error.

Onething I have noticed is that most of the:

 DotNetNuke.modules.<modulename>.dll and

DotNetNuke.modules.<modulenaeme>.SqlDataProvider.dll

...files are missing from the 3.2.2 install pack (I wonder if these are created during installation). I don't own a copy of Visual Studio which means I can't recompile the files (nor am I that asp.net savy). If anyone has any other tests or checks I can perform to get through this upgrade I would be grateful!

Cheers

Adam

0
M000761
1/3/2006 7:34:46 AM

The upgrade problem I was having was similar to yours in that I am;

Hosted at WH4L
Using FTP to upload files (presumably the same as you)
I was going from 3.1.0 to 3.2.2 which should have been OK.

I resolved the issue today by overwriting the the upgrade files after checking them in VS. I'm pretty sure that something got corrupted in the upload.

You could try installing 3.2.2 Install package in a sub-folder and see if it runs there (you need to point a sub-domain at it using the WH4L control panel) to double check that the files are not the problem.

Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
1/3/2006 7:49:19 AM

Try and set the CustomErrors="Off" in the web.config file to get a better description of what going wrong.

I'm having the same error and right now it seems as if some of my own modules are causing the problem. The are refencing the 3.2.1 version of DotNetNuke.dll, but right now I don't know if that's the problem.

0
paulsoren
1/3/2006 10:56:46 PM

Thanks everyone for your persistent help with this issue. I re-followed the same process and set debug errors to Off and the upgrade took place without incident.

One thing I did change was to make sure permissions were set correctly for all sub-directories from the root. So for anyone else who has a similar issue this maybe something to look at.

Adam

0
M000761

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.3 Upgrade Error
Hello, the upgrade said it was successful and to click here to launch the portal. I did and received the following error message. Please help. Server Error in '/psg' Application. A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.DuplicateNameException: A column named 'SkinSrc' already belongs to this DataTable.Source Error: An unhandled e...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

error after upgrading Bugzilla from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
Hi, I have two Windows Server 2003 machines running Bugzilla 3.2.2 + Testopia 2.2, one is production and the other is for test, both have same configuration. I tried to upgrade it with patch file bugzilla-3.2.2-to-3.2.3.diff.gz, and my steps are: 1) Shut down your Bugzilla installation by putting some HTML or text in the shutdownhtml parameter 2) untar the .diff file and use unix2dos.exe to replace Unix line feed characters with Windows carriage returns 3) run the command: path -p1 < bugzilla-3.2.2-to-3.2.3.diff 4) run the command: perl checksetup.pl 5) remove the text of shut...

Error Upgrading 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
  I'm getting the following error when I browse to the side after uploading the upgrade files.  Any help would be appreciated! Notes:  Upgrade instructions followed exactly.            <trust level="Medium" originUrl="http://[mydomain].*" /> is set in web.config Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Assembly fredck.fcked...

Error in Upgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.2.2
Upgrading a 3.1.1 version to 3.2.2 logged this error in the script for 3.2.1 System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX terminated because a duplicate key was found for index ID 4. Most significant primary key is '3785'. Could not create constraint. See previous errors. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQ...

Error after upgrade from 3.2 to 3.2.2 (win2003)
Hello I am still a newbie here and have been trying to figure out how to do an upgrade from 3.2 to 3.2.2 on our windows 2003 server. Here is my configuration: Win2003, Apache 2.2, MySQL5.1, Perl 5.8.9, Bugzilla 3.2 I followed instructions found on: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Bugzilla:Win32Install#Installing_Bugzilla_From_CVS. I did following command since I could not figure out how to run the 'patch' with CVSNT: S:\bugzilla-3.2>cvs update -R -d -rBugzilla_Stable Empty password used - try 'cvs login' with a real password and got following errors when accessin...

Error: Upgrading from From 2.1.2 to 3.2
Aynyone seen this message? Error Installing DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.02.00 Invalid object name 'Version'. Invalid object name 'Version'....

Error: Upgrading from From 2.1.2 to 3.2
I have tried this two times, by using my current 2.1.2 version, copy over all files from 3.2 into the 2.1.2 directory.Updated and verified the config file. Open the site through the browser, but... :o( It stops at once with the below message Error Installing DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.02.00 Invalid object name 'Version'. Invalid object name 'Version'. Is there any knowledge about this? Am I the only one experiencing this :o(...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.2 upgrade, skin probs
OK, we'll I've had a good read around here, and I've read Charles great install doc.  But I'm still stuck.In fact I've had to restore my old db and files - and have got back to 2.1.2.My problem is that upon upgrading, I get a light blue 'skin'? appearance on the all the modules.  The 2.1.2 sites (six of them) do not have that "appearance" - and that's the way I'd like to keep it.  I have tried 'resetting' the skins (in that Admin section they all show as 'not installed' (or whatever it is)).  It doesn't seem to help.  I get several 'container file not found' type mes...

Help!!! After upgrading DNN 2.1.2 to 3.1.1 FTB Error
I keep on getting this error after upgrading a DNN 2.1.2 to DNN 3.1.1 (Windows 2k with SQL Server 2000). The Text/HTML module when in edit comes up with error as follws; Edit Text/HTML    Basic Text Box Rich Text Editor An error has occurred.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at Sys...

UPGRADE ERROR FROM 3.2.0-->3.2.2 HELP!!!
Hey there, I followed all the instructions for an upgrade has shown in the documentation and I am getting the following error: Error Installing DotNetNuke Current Assembly Version: 03.02.02 Invalid object name 'Version'. Invalid object name 'Version'. DotNetNuke Upgrade Error The Assembly Version ( [ASSEMBLYVERSION] ) does not match the Database Version ( [DATABASEVERSION] ) ERROR: Could not connect to database.Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.GetPortalAliasByPortalID'. I backed up everything for 3.2.0 and I copied over all of the key information for web.config that was required ...

DNN 2.1.2
I just upgraded my DNN 2.1.2 portals to DNN 3.0.1.2 and get the following error message just trying to load the home page: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Syntax error converting the nvarchar value 'G' to a column of data type int. Can someone steer me in the direction of what this could be. I'm not real sure where to even start.     Anyone have any ideas on this? I have tried upgrading two times, both of which showed up as successful in the black DNN upgrading window (very promising). However, when I browse to the site, I get the same error! Syntax error conv...

Upgrade Error 3.1 to 3.2.2. Please Help
Hello I have recently updated my website to 3.2.2 and when I tried to install the upgrade I was met with this error message: Unhandled ErrorError DetailsFile  Error   Could not allocate space for object 'EventLog' in database  because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance   Lynn  RegardsLynn Hello All Just to give you an update on the above error: Somehow the error has cleared by itself. But a new error has now occured: I am unable to log in. I carefully copied/pasted the values (below) from the old web....

Web resources about - Error upgrading from dnn 3.2.1 to 3.2.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube