Error installing for SQL Server

What can cause the installation error:
---------

DotNetNuke Upgrade Error

ERROR: Could not connect to database.

Login failed for user 'Nuke'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

-----------

my web.config connection string is
 <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=ELIZA;Database=DotNetNuke;uid=Nuke;pwd=;" />

here's a screenshot of my sql server db and user, web.config, and the error message
http://www.kingzine.net/nuke/cantusedatabase.JPG

many thanks in advance
-kroozer

0
kroozer

Solved!

Problem was: SQL server was setup only for Windows Authentication

To fix:
1) Right click on SQLServer name in your SQLServer Enterprise Manager utility (menu is delayed)
2) Select Properties
3) Select Security Tab
4) Change the Security Setting to "Windows and SQL Server"
5) Note, you'll have to restart your server for this to take effect

But... if you get past this error then get something like cannot find stored procedure dbo.gethost then you may have to do a fresh DotNetNuke install into a new dir and Virtual Dir and kill the old ones, and old db and recreate, adding the user back in with dbo permissions

0
kroozer

Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does
Hi All, i am using tha conncetion string in web.config. <add name="MyLocalSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=.\SqlExpress;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\SqlServer\OC00003SQL.mdf;User Instance=false" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>  Instance=false and true both i have used  but i am getting error like that. on my web hosting site  Error : An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Serv...

Installing DotNetNuke error
Hi,This is what I did:1) I installed MSDE using the following command: "setup SAPWD=aaaa"2) Using a tool called dbamgr2k, I then added a "dotnetnuke2" database and added a user ("aa") with password ("aaaa", and gave it db_owner permissions on the "dotnetnuke2" database. 3)  I edited the relevant line in web.config: " <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=ASSAF-AMD64;Database=dotnetnuke2;uid=aa;pwd=****;" />"4) I started the installation scriptWould really apreciate if someone could help me on this,Thanks,Assaf. When trying to install the DotNetNuke using MSDE I g...

Why does a simple select query in Microsoft Access return the error [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has
I have applied the information from support document 10447954 but that does not solve the problem. I am running a simple select query with one criteria from one table. Thanks. ...

Why does a simple select query in MS Access return the error: [Intersolv][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ct_results(): user api layer: internal client library error: Read from the server has timed
I have applied the information contained in support document 10447954. That did not resolve the problem. I am running a simple query with one criteria and one table Thanks. Hi Bill, The doc refers to a different ODBC driver (for DirectConnect product) so you might have a completely different problem. The message implies you are using ODBC 12.0 (Client Library based) or prior since the message indicates CtLib info. You might want to post more details involved with getting to this error. You also might want to post exact versions of ASE and ODBC driver, including Open ...

SQl Server Error: ----> Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
  Hi Friends, Im using .Net2008 and MS SQL Server2005, I Have a web application , i want to connect to the server machine SQL Server,  When i run the application im getting the following error. Im trying to connect to the database from local machine application to server machine database   An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Cou...

Can't seem to install SQL server 2005? Install completes, but where is SQL Server 2005
I went to one of the Microsoft "Ready To Launch" events over a year ago. Microsoft was gracious and gave everyone who attended a free copy of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005. I have installed the Visual Studio and use it all of the time. I also installed the SQL server 2005 but I can not find the application on my computer. After the install the only items that appear to have been installed are the following: SQL Server Configuration tools(SQL Server Configuration manager,SQL Server  Error and usage reporting, SQL Server surface area confiuration, Reporting Services configu...

Installing multiple DNNs on single SQL Server DB causes install error
Just ran into this one: when installing a second DNN pointing to an existing SQL db already holding another DNN installation I get the following error during install:00:00:18.736 - Executing Additional Scripts:00:00:18.746 -   Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal00:00:19.758 -   Error: INSERT statement conflicted with COLUMN FOREIGN KEY constraint 'FK_DMXTest_TabPermission_DMXTest_Permission'. The conflict occurred in database 'DMXP', table 'DMXTest_Permission', column 'PermissionID'. The statement has been terminated.00:00:19.758 -  &n...

Problem with SQL Server connection string - provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26
Hi Guys, I am having a wierd problem. The system works perfectly when I am connected to the local network but throws the above error when I disconnect it from the network. Given below are my connectionstrings: integrated security=false;user id=U1;data source=localhost;persist security info=False;password=pwd1;initial catalog=MyDB //connection string to my database Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=aspnetdb;User ID=U2;Password=pwd2 //connectionstring to aspnetdb for webparts I have also changed all the providers (SQLMembership, SQLProfile, SQLRole) to use LocalSQLServer and comme...

Connecting to sql server 2000 on Godaddy error: (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40
Facts:1. I am using my account on Godaddy trying to connect to my sql server db.2. I can get into my db using user id and password.3. Godaddy's help file shows this for a connection string: connectstr = "Driver={SQL Server};SERVER=" & db_server & ";DATABASE=" &db_name & ";UID=" & db_username & ";PWD=" & db_userpassword4. My connection string: "Server=whsql-v09.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net;uid=dbasolutions;pwd=***;database=DB_87972;"  & _                    "Trusted_Connecti...

Error using OdbcDataReader.ExecuteReader and Parameters...ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable
This seems to be a common problem but I have not seen any answers yet on this board.   I am porting over to using odbc because I have no choice with my Hosting company,  I was using basically the same code with the SQLDataReader and SQLCommand object and it was fine.  The below code will generate the error.  Help !! Unexpected exception: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable '@Role'.. string sql = String.Empty ;sql = "Select * from Associate where Role=@Role and Exit_Date > @Exit_Date";string connString = getConn...

Error during installation of SQL Server.
I had sql server installed and had to install because of some problem. I uninstalled SQL Server. and then tried to install it again. However, while during the installation of "Workstation Components, Books Online and Development Tools", I got this error "Sample databases are higher version than SQL server instance specified. Sample databases cannot be attached to older SQL instance." . Now I am not able to use SQL Server.  Any help? Hi identityconcealed, From your description, it seems that your problem was because you SQL Server 2005 was not completely uninstal...

Sql Server Install Error
Hi everbody,İ am install sql server 2008 my computer but some error  This Error :  Hi! May be registry corrupted, actually? The article from error message does not help you?Best Regards,Alexander, Excel reports fan :)-----------------Now working with free version: http://www.monoreport.com/...

Web resources about - Error installing for SQL Server - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Rooting and installing Android 1.5 JesusFreke - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
More information at: android.noisepages.com/2009/05/rooting-pics/

Installing ClearCal Anti-Glare Film for Glossy Displays - YouTube
Demonstration of how to install a RadTech ClearCal Anti-Glare Film on a MacBook Pro. ClearCal eliminates glare on glossy displays like Apple's ...

Nine Sydney councils are getting ready to turn off the lights &ndash; 13,000 of them &ndash; to save more than $20 million.

Iran installing new nuclear equipment

Gillard defends installing Slipper