DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0

Hi,
I am trying to install DNN 2.0.4 on my machine but get below error when logging in on localhost/dotnetnuke (running sql).
Any idea of what is wrong - could it be .net fwk v2.0 (which I am running for various reasons) that has new constraints?.
Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: 'Title' cannot be used as a control ID, as it would conflict with a property or field on the 'DotNetNuke.ErrorPage' base class.
Source Error:

Line 3: <HTML LANG="en-US">
Line 4: <HEAD>
Line 5: <TITLE runat="server" id="Title">Error</TITLE>
Line 6: <!--*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************-->
Line 7: <!-- DotNetNuke - http://www.dotnetnuke.com -->

Source File: /DotNetNuke/ErrorPage.aspx Line: 5
0
pbs30

I hav enot tried to run DNN on ASp.Net 2.0 since the framework was in alpha and DNN was on 1.0.9( I think), I doubt its going to run as is. Have you tried to convert the project in Whidbey. Last time I did it, there were some issues, some related to DNN and some related to Asp.Net 2.0. Its on my list to try and convert this, but have ot gotten it yet. Perhaps you could share your experiences, if you get it running.

Thanks
Bruce
DynamicVB.Net
0
bhopkins

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Upgrading a DotNetNuke 4.0.0 Starter Kit based install to 4.0.2
Looking for advice on how to do this. Documentation doesn't cover this scenerio. My initial install was based on the great post http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx I have step 1. Backup everything. What next? I hope someone has done this. I'm just putting off having to build a duplicate environment to try copying the source over the top of my VWDExpress and recompiling....

Firefox 2.0.0.2 & 2.0.0.3 niggly problem
I just upgraded both my desktop and my laptop to FF v2.0.0.2 a couple days ago. Both began doing the same annoying thing. When I click a URL shortcut on my desktop or a link in my newsreader, an error box pops up saying "File http://blahblahblah or one of its components not found. Make sure the path and filename are correct." Then FF goes ahead and loads the page. This doesn't happen if FF is already running. If it's not running, it happens every time. I just downloaded 2.0.0.3. Same story. Any clues? -- Dale Beckett Dale Beckett wrote:...

Add/ Remove Programs showing both FF 2.0.0.3 & 2.0.0.4
today I updated from FF 2.0.0.3 to 2.0.0.4 When I looked in my Add/ Remove Programs windows in xp, it was showing both Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.3) 32.93 MB & Mozilla Firefox (2.0.0.4) 29.91 MB entries. I checked on my hard disk and there was a single c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox folder. what gives? Should I have uninstalled 2.0.0.3 and then installed 2.0.0.4? now what should I do? should I try to remove 2.0.0.3 from add/ remove? But, won't that uninstall 2.0.0.4? or should I just delete 2.0.0.3 entry? how to delete that entry? thanks. -- Rawat V S Ra...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

WSE 2.0 with .Net 2.0
Hi all,  I would like to know if i use WSE 2.0 along with .Net framework 2.0 to sign certificate will it work.(I know WSE 2.0 is not having VS 2005 development support and only the 2.0 framework supports it. I will be enabling WSE 2.0 in .net 1.1 and then run the application in framework 2.0) also if i enable this in the server and in teh client if i use Wse 2.0 with .Net 1.1  will there be any problem with the communication between the two.   Thanks in advance Dawn George Hi The newer libraries should be backwards compatible with 1.1.  But then again, there ...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

update 2.0.0.4 does not work with my new 2.0.0.0
Name: Robert J Norton Email: bobatnortondotnet Product: Thunderbird Summary: update 2.0.0.4 does not work with my new 2.0.0.0 Comments: Each time I have installed update 2.0.0.4 I can't get my email for rjnorton@pacbell.net. The feed back states it can't find the pop server. I've reported this twice to the web master but that amounted to zilch. I've repeated this 2 times and each time I've had to reload 2.0.0.0 to get at my email. I am continually bombarded with .4 up dates which I now refuse to install again. So far, no one has reported a fix to me. ...

Web resources about - DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...