Does the 'copy this module on all pages work for 3.0.13? Or do I need to purchase a 'shadow module' again?

the checkbox for 'use this module on all pages', and to instead
download a shadow module.  Did the core team fix all the issues
w/this checkbox thing?  Or do I still need to get a 'shadow
module' so I can create ONE module, make the settings, and then just
create shadow module of that same module w/the same settings on other
pages?  I haven't seen any threads about this, and I had figured
that the core team would remove the 'copy this module to all pages',
because it appeared to not work, but it's still there.  Any
ideas?  Thanks in advance for any informed answers...

0
aaava

aava,

It worked perfect for me.Geeked [8-|]

Peter Nagy
0
PJNAGY
5/8/2005 9:04:21 AM
Seems to work just fine for me.

Yes [Y]

0
Ed_DeGagne
5/8/2005 10:36:34 AM
I think it's called 'display on all pages' now but it works fine.

SquadEngine for game squad and clan hosting
GravityPoint for all other group portal hosting
TungstenTech: DNN Site
0
Nocturnal
5/8/2005 4:04:31 PM
Ok. Thanks folks.  One less module I need to purchase!
0
aaava

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

Install Failure on Forum Module. DNN Version 3.0.13 Forum 3.10.04
Good day,    I've just installed the forum module and I got this error. How will i fix this? thanks StartJob Starting Installation StartJob Reading files Info Loading 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.00.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.00.10.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.10.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.00.11.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.11.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.00.12.SqlDataProvider Info File 03.00.12.SqlDataProvider read successfully Info Loading 03.10.01.SqlDataProvider Info...

DNN Registration as a 'tab' or 'module'
I am trying to give portal browsers the opportunity to send me their particulars. Registration has almost all the information I need, and I think (hope - been in asp.net for almost 2 weeks now) I can modify it and the db to suit my needs. I am wondering if I can then put this form on a tab. Or perhaps (yikes!) should I attempt to build a new module? [from reading the forums, I am guessing that is a 'private assembly']. My background is in ColdFusion / Apache 2 / MySQL, so this is sure an interesting change! Thanks in advance for any replies!...

DNN 3.0.5
I'm just wondering whether the title 'Tab Management' should now be 'Page Management'. yes it should... Any ideas on how to change the page title on Page Functions from 'Tab Management' to 'Page Management'? In admin\Tabs\App_LocalResources\Tabs.ascx.resx there is a setting for TabManagement.Text, but it already set as 'Page Management', so I guess it isn't this variable. Found it : ) Database table 'Module Control', ModuleControlID 70....

I can't seem to get a skin to work in 3.0.13 that worked fine in 2.1.2. I know I'm doing *something* wrong, but after two weeks of trying, I'm stumped...
Yiikes.  Back again.  I am having the strangest things happen with my skins now.  Images specified in a css file no longer show up.  When I enter a specific path into my ascx file (assuming the skin folder as the root directory), and upload the skin, to me, it appears to not be parsing at all.  When I 'Apply' the skin, any of my skins, I get nothing.  If I add the above image file to the ascx file, upload, parse and apply, I get an 'x' bad image, and when I click properties, the location of the image file is stating it is in the dotnetnuke/ rooot folder....

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

3.0.12
Add an Image module and select an image for it. Go to Module settings Unselect Display Container. The container stills shows up.Do you know the truth when you hear it? I've noticed that the 'Don't Display Container' option does not apply when logged in as host or admin- the container still shows. Logging out and browsing seems to hide the container. I don't know if this applies with registered users though.Kirk The behavior of all containers is erratic as well, some don't even show the picture. This happens in both preview and design views.Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

If one creates a table including PortalID, ModuleID and UserID, and for some records, they are 'global', like 'all portals', 'all modules', or 'all users'...
Is there standard in DNN for a default number?  I know that UserID of -1 is nono, because this means (I think) Host user, correct?  And PortalID of 0 is default portal.  What is safe default number to use in those records?  I searched through source code for DNN, all are hardcoded numbers, no 'DEFAULT_ALLPORTALS As Integer = x' or like that.  Does anyone have suggestion on what I use?  Is only alternative for NULL (which make query more difficult)?  I purchased the? book on DotNetNuke, and hope that some of these infos I would find, but it is mild t...

RE: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module 100 ;' when module doesnt use Exporter
-----Original Message----- From: demerphq [mailto:demerphq@gmail.com] Sent: 27 September 2005 18:15 To: Rafael Garcia-Suarez Cc: Perl Porters 5 Subject: Re: [perl #37292] '-MModule=100' not identical to 'use Module 100;' when module doesnt use Exporter On 9/27/05, Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgarciasuarez@gmail.com> wrote: > On 9/27/05, demerphq <demerphq@gmail.com> wrote: > > If you define "bug" as "the code doing what it shouldnt do" then fine, > > no bug. If you define "bug" as being "undesirable behav...

'module created' event'?
Is there an event that fires when a new instance of a module is created? That is, when a module is added to a tab, I want some code to fire that will add an entry to a database table. Where would one put this code? Sorry if this is a dumb questiion. "It may be roundly asserted that human ingenuity cannot concoct a cipher which human ingenuity cannot resolve." - Edgar Allan Poe, 1841 no there is no event, however you could add a trigger to the relevant tables. Cathal...

Why I can't login in 'host' or 'admin' account when i upgrade to 3.1.1 from 3.1.0
Hi,I unzip DNN3.1.1 package and conver to my DNN original directory (ver 3.1.0) and install successfully.But when i login in 'host' or 'admin' account, it display 'Login Failed' ,so i tried to clean cookies in IE and also delete my portal aliases in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\. But it still can't login by any account.Anyone have an idea what's wrong? I can't swear to this, but it seems I've had problems in the past with account resets in this situation. Have you tried logging in as Host with the default password "host"...

Web resources about - Does the 'copy this module on all pages work for 3.0.13? Or do I need to purchase a 'shadow module' again? - asp.net.dotnetnuke