Documents Module - view/download link errors in a child portal

If I create a child portal 'B' (portal folder id of 2) to portal 'A' (portal folder id of 1) and then add an instance of the documents module to 'B' and then add a document. When I select the document name I get an error indicating that the document can't be found. The path shown is http://A/portals/1/document not the http://A/portals/2/document that is expected. If I select the download link I get taken to http://A/Default.aspx?tabid=22&def=errormessage (no content on the page).

Everything works fine from parent portal. Problem is consistent on Win 2K Server and Win XP Pro for both 2.1.1 and 2.1.2. Worked fine in 2.0.3.
Any help appreciated!
Thanks,
Rich
0
vermont

I'm having a similar problem.  I've upgraded from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 and now my child Portals Documents modules link to Portal 0 for their docs rather than 1, 2, 3 etc.

Help!
0
housefly
6/21/2004 6:29:50 PM
I'm kinda shocked that we not seeing more replies to this thread.  I guess most web site are under a single parent domain.

Is anyone else have child domains? Have you updated you site to 2.1.2? Are you experiencing the same documents module problem?
0
housefly
6/22/2004 1:52:46 PM
Guess most sites must be a single domain or they use something else for documents. I'm running 2.1.2.

Rich
0
vermont
6/22/2004 2:06:10 PM
I've been told that this has been fixed in the next version of DNN, but I need the patch now.  Can someone please post what changes need to me be made in order to get this to work?!?
0
housefly
6/23/2004 2:42:32 PM
"Can someone please post what changes need to be made in order to get this to work?!? "

If I could edit my own posts, I could fix my grammatical errors
0
housefly
6/23/2004 3:43:40 PM
I hope there is a fix also, as we have resorted to recreating child portals .. this is not a good thing or productive use of time. We have over 20 child intranet portals to recreate.... bummer
0
bgeorge
6/23/2004 5:04:03 PM
Take a look at our 'free' DocumentPaths module.  It can be found at:

http://www.tenazllc.com/Default.aspx?tabid=29
It was specifically designed for an intranet environment and doesn't require you to upload documents to your web server.
Ted
Serving the DNN Community in Northeast Ohio
0
thomasson6
6/25/2004 9:40:34 PM
Contact JWhite, he may have a patch ready for you.
0
housefly
6/25/2004 10:21:05 PM
Hotfix is posted on my site.

<---------------
If you have made core mods, please recompile after applying
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
6/26/2004 12:17:11 PM
Thx everyone will give it a go !
0
bgeorge

Child Portal Document module links not working
After upgrading from 2.04 to 2.1.2, all document module links refer to Portal 0 and not the child portal number. Even tried to add a new document module and even though I can select the documents within the child Portal, the resulting link is still incorrect. bump Ok, I'm testing my localhost 2.1.2 copy (which I also upgrade from 2.04). If I have a child domain (Portals/1), and I add a "Documents" module, and a sample document (one that has been uploaded) . If I click the the links I get two different errors. If I click the hypertext-title I get "The page cannot be fou...

Error:Reindexing content works in Parent portal but not on a child portal for custom modules
 I have two portals. one a parent and the other a child. I've a custom module with Isearchable funs implemented and an instance of it is added to two taps, one in each portal. When I index the content, only the module in the parent portal gets indexed! I had tested reindexing on the child portal by adding the Text module and it works fine. It hase nothing to do with the Supported feature field, because it is the same for all instances of the Desktop module and is set to 3 Do I need to look up the source code for reindexing content? Any help is greatly appreciated Thanx I...

Linkclick problem : Child Portal Announcements module file links point to portal 0 !!
Hi, it seems there something wrong in the linkclick.aspx.vb file, but I don't know where and how to fix ... This Linkclick file is used for example in the Annoucements module, but the File link tries to find the file in portal 0 instead of the correct child portal. What should be corrected ? thanks for your help JohannWebsite - Weblog You can finde patches on http://www.webstone.com/ Thanks, it works !Website - Weblog Do I have to recompile DNN for this to take effect. I added the new files to my site, as well as the DNN bin file. Site broke... OR do I just ...

Error while creating a child portal from a template with the blog module
Hello, I'm using DotNetNuke 3.2 and Blog module 3.1.20 from DotNetNuke projet. I created a child portal which contains the blog module. Then, I created a template from this portal. This template will be used to create others portal of the same type. When I try to create a new portal with this template, I have an error "duplicate key" in PortalController.vb I looked the code, and I think the problem comes from the blob module which has several definitions (View_Blog, Blog_List, New_Blog, search_Blog, Blog_archive). Does somebody have a solution ? Best regards, Jeff Ju...

2.1.2 Documents module download error?
Hello. I'm working with a new install of DNN 2.1.2 on a W2K server running IIS5. At this portal, www.shlutheran.org/dnn/du, there is a document for downloading. When I click on the file name, a new browser window opens, presumably to view the document, I get a Page Not Found error. Clicking on Download returns a portal page with "error" in the status bar, but no information in the page. Has anyone seen this problem or does anyone know what I can check to get it fixed? We are trying to set up portals for our teachers and sharing documents would be a real boost to product...

Document (download) Module looking in wrong portal for files
I am currently using DNN 1.0.7. I have had a problem with the Documents Module when I try to download files on child portals. The File Mgr correctly stores uploaded files in the proper child portal directory. But the Doc Module appears to be looking in the parent portal for these files when user clicks to download them, and bombs because it can't find them there. I traced this through and it looks like the LinkClick page is incorrectly reading the portal setting for the parent portal (even though the container control for the link that was clicked to forward to the LinkClick page reads ...

error when adding document to document module
If i try to upload or point to a document, using the document module in rainbow RC2, i get the following error: Server Error in '/rainbow' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Invalid column name 'MetaKeywords'. Invalid column name 'MetaDescription'. rb_UserDefinedFields 0 rb_UserDefinedRows 0 rb_Announcements_st 0 rb_Contacts_st 0 rb_Documents_st 0 rb_Events_st 0 rb_HtmlText_st 0 rb_Links_st 0 rb_Links 1 rb_Products 1 rb_Products_st 0 rb_Announcements 1 rb_Articles 0 rb_Contacts 1 rb_Discussion 0 rb_Documents 1 DELETE FROM [r...

Child portals with child portals
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is in relation to a custom module so here it goes. Can a child portal have child portals? If i try to create a child portal within a child portal using the standard dnn portal creator the portal seems to be created correctly except for the fact that the directory with default.ascx is created in the root of the dnn site not as a subdirectory of the child folder. If i move the directory the portal seems to behave. Is the location of the folder handled by PortalCrontroller.Createportal or is it just a...

DNN 3.13 -> Errors with adding modules to child portal
Perhaps someone could explain to me how or why I am getting all these errors when adding Modules to fresh 3.13 install. See: http://www.family.welford-costelloe.com Thanks   Running MojoPortalhttp://www.mojoportal.com on MySQL Having problems with child portal as well. Whenever I change any settings, I get thrown of and have to log in again. Thanks for a while there I thought I was alone. 8-|Running MojoPortalhttp://www.mojoportal.com on MySQL Anyone who has not checked the portal yet. Here is one of the errors: A critical error has occurred.Multi...

DotNetNuke.com, duplicate links in link module
When I go to www.dotnetnuke.com, the links module on the home page has duplicate links ex. DnnResources Discussion Forum Etc. DnnResources Discussion Forum Etc. I'm using IE6 under WinXP sp2.Rick Hodderhttp://www.rickhodder.com...

Error-Creating Portal: DotNetNuke Default Portal
When I put out my DNN3.0.11 on the virtual sapces,I can't creat default portal,which error got from Installation Status Report. Am i have'n got the power to create the folder? Can i creat portal by manual? Thank you for your help....

Child or Tree Type links in the Links Module
Does anyone have an idea to make the links module have parent with child links below? Maybe similar to a treeview. Hope one of the guru's have something like this out there. Regards to all Bill Do you want these links based off of the tabs or just a set of links that can be made hierarchal? JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog A set of hierarchal links. Any ideas?...

File manager and links/document modules do not agree on document root
When a file is uploaded with the file manager, it ends up in the correct directory based on what child portal is used (there are several different child portals).  Each child directory has something along the lines of /portals/1/{file} or /portals/2/{file} which is correct.  However, when these files are linked to using either a links module or a documents module, every child portal results in the link pointing to /portals/0/{file}, which returns a 404 when it is followed.  I can find the file by selecting the "file" radial option and then looking in the drop down box ...

3.0.12 BUG: Child Portals Seeing Other Portal Documents
I have installed a clean version of 3.0.12 (win 2003 server) and installation was a snap!  I did however find an issue that I am able to recreate: Child Portal 1 uploads a file while at the same time Child Portal 2 uploads a file (Note: both portals have to be uploading at the same time).  After the files are uploaded, child portal 1 now has both files and child portal 2 also has both files. If each child portal uploads by themselves, all is fine.  I discovered this bug while giving a session on DNN 3.0.12 to a group of 20 people (each with their own child portal).&nbs...

Link to child modules
Anyone know a good way to link to child modules from within other child modules, without mentioning the servername (for when I want to move it from development to prod. server)? The links module and the nav wants to preface everything with 'http://' when you use 'URL'. It kinda gets in the way... Gary hmm, i'm not sure i understand what you mean. Linking to another module is not easy because modules don't have an anchor in a standard skin (you could make a container which accomplishes this though)... in the links module you can select "pages" as linktype, and then li...

Web resources about - Documents Module - view/download link errors in a child portal - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Identity document - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An identity document (also called a piece of identification or ID , or colloquially as one's 'papers') is any document which may be used to verify ...

NBN faces another potential cost blowout, leaked document shows
Repairing and replacing parts of the copper network purchased from Telstra could cost hundreds of millions.

Cabinet document reveals Turnbull Government under pressure to change industrial relations laws
The Turnbull Government is being pushed to change Australia's workplace relations system, a document obtained by the ABC reveals.

Alberta physicians group amends physician-assisted dying document
The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta approved a new advice document Friday to help doctors once physician-assisted suicide becomes ...

Officials investigate ISIS faking entry documents
Boston Herald Officials investigate ISIS faking entry documents Boston Herald U.S. intelligence officials fear ISIS terrorists are spreading ...

Understanding ISIS: Leaked document reveals nation-building plans
A state-building manual for Islamic State administrators confirms the complexity and breadth of the group's efforts to create a functioning state, ...

Here Are The Documents Showing Massive Whistleblower Retaliation At Phoenix VA
'Incredibly VA still hasn’t disciplined these officials for their retaliatory behavior'

Leaked documents trial: Vatican court OKs Pope Francis's no. 2 as defense witness
Leaked documents trial: Vatican court OKs Pope Francis's no.

Walmart Desperate to Keep Further Documents Revealing Employee Surveillance Tactics From Being Made Public ...
... how Walmart tracks its employees to most effectively anticipate dissent and undermine potential organizers . The piece draws largely on documents ...