DNN 4.0 & .Net 2.0, SQL2005 (SQLExpress) with SQL Server Management Studio Express

Anyone have installation instructions for this configuration:
WinXP, IIS 5.1, .Net 2.0 (release), SQL2005 (SQLExpress) release...
without VisualStudio 2005? Using SQLSMSE for database creation?

Every attempt I make appears to succeed, but viewing the database
in SQLSMSE shows no stored procs, etc. in the db. Sometimes the
core modules are installed / available, sometimes they're not.

Is it related to the file attachment in web.config?

Could this have something to do with the 'file manager is unavailable'
and 'cannot open a closed file' errors people have been reporting?

Kirk
0
tao_muon

DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0
Hi, I am trying to install DNN 2.0.4 on my machine but get below error when logging in on localhost/dotnetnuke (running sql). Any idea of what is wrong - could it be .net fwk v2.0 (which I am running for various reasons) that has new constraints?. ************************************************************** Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 #2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process? Well, since I didn't get a response, I tried the instructions at that site. When running these, REPLACE EVERYTHING, and it upgrades your site just fine. If anyone has questions, ask me.  Mine went smoothly....

Bad web.config in AJAX.NET 1.0 under .NET 2.0 Express
My setup is MS.NET v2.0 with the C# and Web Express editions of 2005. I also installed the AJAX 1.0 release with the respective toolkit as indicated in the AJAX.NET site. However, when I create a new project I am presented with the usual bare bones default.aspx and the web.config. However the web.config shows a lot of warnings and errors.One of them was being that the "requiredPermission" (or something like that) attribute was not recognized. Somewhere on the net there is a post of a correction to the DotNetConfig.xsd schema file in VS.2005 so I used it and it got rid of THAT warning.&n...

Installation of Visualstudio.net -2003 & 2005 and SqlServer 2000&2005 and .net f\w 3.0 and WSS 3.0 on win 2003 server
My computer has Windows Server 2003 OS with Service pack 2 installed.  I want Installations sequence for installing 1.Visual Studio.Net 2003. 2.Visual Studio.Net 2005. 3.Sql server 2000. 4.Sql Server 2005. 5..Net frame work 3.0. 6.WSS 3.0. 7.Web Parts dll for visual studio.net 2005. Can any one help or give details of installing these and precautions needed to be taken like necessary service packs and updates .because when i tried to install web parts in Visual Studio.Net 2005. the setup was unsuccessful and reason was the setup is telling that "unable to detect visual st...

.NET framework 2.0 and DNN 2.0
I have built a brand new XP SP2 machine. Got to install DNN. I am unable to install MSDE as I did last year. XP SP2.0 simply rolls back the installation mid-way. Now that I have almost resigned in that direction, I intend to try SQL Server Express, which requires .NET framework 2.0. Q1. Will DNN 2.0 be happy with it? What should I know before I do anything. Q2. Is there a particular version of DNN I need to use? Q3. Just curious, will DNN 2.0 work with VB.NET express? Q4. Just curious, would any of you know why MSDE doesn't install on XP SP2? I am going crazy without a w...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

Sql Server 2005 & net 2.0
Hi all, I am preparing to plan some new sites to be built on .net 2.0 and was wondering about Sql Server 2005.  Is this a requirment in the upgrade to go to  2.0.  I hear that its not required but it's highly recommended. What are your thoughts on it?   thanks mcm...

Session Management in SQL SERVER for .NET 2.0
Hi, I need to maintain Session variables in the Sql Server Database. But for maintaining the Session, the aspnet_regsql.exe must be run in the .net 2.0 framework. I have a clarification on running aspnet_regsql.exe in asp.net 2.0 I have a Web Server 'TESTWEB' where my source code resides. The Database server resides in another server. The exe must be run in the command prompt from C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v2.0\mentioning the parameters as Database server name, User id, Password. But the doubt is, whether this exe must be run only from this web server 'TESTWEB'...

Web resources about - DNN 4.0 & .Net 2.0, SQL2005 (SQLExpress) with SQL Server Management Studio Express - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Blog Archive
Blog Archive 2013 75 Essential Tools for iOS Developers Aug 15 2013 posted in iOS Speaking at Cocoa Conf PDX Jul 13 2013 posted in Speaking In ...

Upgrading TFS from SQLExpress
Some time back, I setup Team Foundation Server (TFS) on a server machine more or less dedicated to the cause. This was to test drive it to consider ...

its coding time
Archive - its coding time

Technet forums - SQL Server
This forum covers questions regarding .NET assemblies and database objects running as part of SQL Server including user-defined types, user-defined ...

Installation Quick Start - mojoPortal
A high level overview of mojoPortal installation steps with links to details about each step

Entity Framework June 2011 CTP - enums!
Rowan Beach Limited - Agile Enterprise Software Solutions

Metasploit => tips, tricks, hashes and tokens
Metasploit is one of the many tools that can be used during a penetration test, and it actually consists of a whole suite of tools, that forms ...

Integrating Silverlight and ASP.NET MVC
The web site and blog of Tim Heuer, Program Manager for Microsoft XAML and author of Callisto, a WinRT XAML Toolkit. A resource to learn how ...

Trustwave Resources - Whitepapers - Datasheets - Webinars - Trustwave
Browse through our latest Whitepapers, Data Sheets and Case Studies. Sign up for upcoming data security and PCI DSS webinars.

Visual web developer 2005 &SQL 2005 in Vista trouble-shooting - Web Development learning dairy
Under Windows Vista, if you use ASP.net Configuration tool of VWD and test AspNetSqlProvider connection, you will get a error message saying: ...