DNN 3.1.1: Install.aspx tries to run again after application process recycle...

I have upgraded a DNN 3.1.0 install to DNN 3.1.1.

Now everytime the application process recycles (after a change to web.config or after the application has been left idle for a long period) the Intall.aspx page tries to run AGAIN and then encounters an "Object reference" error.

If I go up and delete the Install.aspx?..... from the end of the URL and hit enter the page loads fine.

If I go to the host menu it shows that it is DNN 3.1.1 running.

0
edgett

I just had a very similar experience with mine.

Check your database itself and see if any of the stored procedures have a create/modify date of the time you ran it.  One of my tests, the site
said 3.1.1, but the database was still 3.1.0.

Also, another thing was the scheduler, I think the PurgeUsersOnline in particular, were set to run at Application_Start and were not allowing the system
to fully upgrade.  I know mine would say it upgraded and when I would click the link the web browser would freeze at 50% progress.  I had to go into the database in the Schedule Table and perform UPDATE Schedule SET Enable = 0 WHERE Enable = 1   Then when I hit the site the upgrade completed.

Also, seems trivial, but I had a problem with an earlier version that if you made a page change, ex. Delete a module from a page, it would try to reload.  I created a default.htm and in there put a redirect to the default.aspx with the full dns name.  Then I set the default.htm to be the default page on the site.

Edit:  I found a reference to an earlier post I had dealing with this from version 3.0.12 to 3.1.0: http://forums.asp.net/972465/ShowPost.aspx

Hope this helps.

Nathan
0
nitro001
8/24/2005 2:14:06 AM
I actually was running into a lot of other errors when trying to create a page or view the error log.  I ended up just doing a clean install.  A little bit of work to get all the content moved over but might as well have a clean install.

0
edgett

Running DNN compliled on .net FW 1.0.3705 on .net FW 1.1
I have a DNN 1.10c portal that I developed and compiled on VS02 on a PC with .net Framework 1.0.3705. It is currently in production on a machine running .net Framework 1.0.3705. I am preparing to move this portal to a new server with Win2003 server and .net Framework 1.1.4322. Are there be any problems due to the differing version of the .net Framework? Is it neccessary to recomplie on a machine with .net Framework 1.1.4322? Any other suggestions or comments would be welcomed! synergetic_1 1.0 framework items should run on 1.1 as is, but not vice versa. To com...

Has anyone tried DNN 3.1 and CS 1.1 ?
has anyone made any progess, or alteast tried how these two work together (SSO would be great ) ?Thanks, Vladan StrigoMy website: Vladan.Strigo.NET...

DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade problems
I'm did an upgrade, from DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.1.1All sites are downs.. I have a bunch of custom modules, and portals..I did the following when upgrading:backup filesystem + dbcopy old web.config to another location.copy install version of dnn over current installcopy machinekeys and sitesqlserver settings from old web.configand rename release.config to web.configbut i get the same errorAn error has occurred.An error has occurred.i got this as a link?..../Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=The+data+at+the+root+level+is+invalid.+Line+1%2c+position+1.&content=0Any help appreciated..thx th...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

DNN 3.1.1, why is it still using FTB 3.0.5000.1? The latest is 3.1.3300.0
Hi,My DNN 3.1.0 portal site has a fair share of Firefox users, and hyerplinks and emoticons does not work. I know DNN, even 3.1.1 is using the old FTB 3.0.5. Is there a reason for this and also when I swapped the FreeTextBox.DLL in my site it temporarily broke the installation. I guess I should rebuild them from the source project, if I want to go to that on my site.Is this correct?In general I think that Firefox support is going to become very important.Web Site: http://www.culturewave.net/portalThank you.Manabu TokunagaHome of The StokeCultureWave.NET StokePORTAL I know that the ftb3.0 d...

How do I install DNN 3.1.1?
I was so used to installing DNN 3.0.1 by setting the database properties in the web.config file and the SQLDataprovider file. It longer works that way. Can some one tell me how to install DNN 3.1.1? The source for this version doesn't contain a web.config file.Thanks in advance.GS Hi GSOh yes it does! It's just that it is cunningly disguised as release.config. I don't know why it was left that way in the package - prevent overwriting an existing one I suppose, but just rename it to web.config.and you'll be back on track.Rob------------------s-i-g----------------------Remember! If all else ...

DotNetNuke 3.1.1 Installation
Does anyone know where the web.config folder is located in the dnn installation please? I was instructed to start over by my web host, but now I don't see any files or folders called web/web.configP.S. I unzipped the dnn server software with OUT the source code files.Thanks.Tamer There is a "release.config" file in the DNN root folder, rename it to web.config, and change the database setting in the file will do the job....

DNN 3.1.1 Installation
 I keep getting this error trying to install DNN 3.1.1 & I don't know (not sure) about what the script should be. Can anyone please tell me? Thanks. Server Error in '/dnn' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'xmlns'.Source Error: Line 2:  <configuration xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/.NetConfiguration/v2.0">...

DNN 3.1.1 Install Only
Will the "Install Only" version of 3.1.1 be made available for download today, or will it take a few days more? Thanks! I would suspect that it will be later today as I'm sure the script for it needed modified slightly for this release, but the effort is minimal.  I am expecting it by the end of the day on the US west coast.Jeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

Instructions for upgrading from DNN 3.1.0 to 3.1.1?
Can someone point me to some quick instructions or tutorials for upgrading from DNN 3.1.0 to 3.1.1? Start with page 11 of the DotNetNuke Installation Guide.  Use the guide that came with DNN3.1.0 and is located here YourDotNetNukeFolder/Documentation/Public.Pay close attention to the requirement to backup your web.config file.  I followed the instructions and had zero problems. Thanks.I have upgraded and things went very well....

Trying to upgrade 3.1.1-217 to 3.1.2
So, the LAG goes from SLES9 to SLES11 IFF you use the iso to do an upgrade, otherwise known as burn and recreate. The trouble we have is that we only have one LAG, so following the instructions in 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/novellaccessmanager31/installation/?page=/documentation/novellaccessmanager31/installation/data/bn7y8xh.html) presents a problem, since Step 4 is "Remove the Access Gateway from the L4 switch configuration and from the cluster." If you try and remove a solo LAG from the cluster, it deletes your cluster. So,...

Bug DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade from 2.1.2 -> 3.1.0 ->
Somewhere along the process, (I missed when) a portal upgrade created a problem with portal creation. The site is created fine, but the password for the admin is never correct. I have to use host to correct it. Anyone faced this ?Do you know the truth when you hear it? are you using the same hash keys in your web.config? this got me one time-DarrenNeese.com-DNN ROCKS!-DeveloperSchool.com Thanks, this helped me narrow it down and realize it was possibly the upgrade from DNN2 to DNN 3. Since there are no hash keys in DNN2 because it uses an encryption key, how did you solve it?Do you know ...

Web resources about - DNN 3.1.1: Install.aspx tries to run again after application process recycle... - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Pre-Christmas job application rush hits Australian public service
Speed required for pre-Christmas job window opening for public servants. Check out who is hiring.

Cloud application adoption increases 71 percent in 2015
The adoption of cloud applications is soaring, up by 71 percent in the last year according to the results of a new survey. The latest Cloud ...

NASA is accepting astronaut applications, and this quiz will tell you if you qualify
... gone before, then you might want to sign up to be a NASA astronaut. On Dec. 14, for the first time in four years, NASA began accepting applications. ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

SMIC and M31 introduce differentiated IP solutions for storage controller applications
China-based IC foundry Semiconductor Manufacturing International (SMIC) has announced the company will expand its IP portfolio with M31 Technology's ...

NASA accepting applications for the position of 'astronaut'
Wanted ads aren't usually newsworthy, unless the company is NASA and the job is "going to space." The US space agency has started recruiting ...

Apple Patent Application Hints at Waterproof iPhone
The patent application describes special rubber ports over headphone and other openings to protect them from water coming in.