DNN 3.1 - User name already exists message in new user registration

Hi
I upgraded by 3.0.12 installation to 3.1 and everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to register a new user. I kept getting the message "User name already exists"
I know for sure that the user name I was trying to register with definately does not exist.

Anybody else had any similar issues?

Thanks

Classifieds, Events, News and Quiz module for DotNetNuke
0
sonapappu

sonapappu
6/18/2005 10:10:31 AM
OK, found another big thread
http://forums.asp.net/924620/ShowPost.aspx

Classifieds, Events, News and Quiz module for DotNetNuke
0
sonapappu

DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.1.1 Upgrade problems
I'm did an upgrade, from DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.1.1All sites are downs.. I have a bunch of custom modules, and portals..I did the following when upgrading:backup filesystem + dbcopy old web.config to another location.copy install version of dnn over current installcopy machinekeys and sitesqlserver settings from old web.configand rename release.config to web.configbut i get the same errorAn error has occurred.An error has occurred.i got this as a link?..../Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=The+data+at+the+root+level+is+invalid.+Line+1%2c+position+1.&content=0Any help appreciated..thx th...

3.1.0
Okay...I have installed an instance of 3.1.0 and its great.Where can I find the new DNN 3.1.0 skin that graces the dotnetnuke.com site? Thanks,BillBill You can't, because it will not be released (due to branding issues).We want DNN to stay unique.I believe Nik (who created it) was going to create another skin with the new skin objects that are used to will be available for download.Geert Veenstra Hi Geert, I understand. How about the user friendly features that allow for font and display control? Will there be follow up information on how we might access, create and/or uti...

Framework 1.1 / DNN 3.2 and Framework 2 / DNN 4 Happy Co-existance
Hi, Does anyone know how to fix this?I am attempting to run two environments on my machine (without a dual-boot, virtual machine, or similiar techniques).  So my assumption is I can get these two environments to co-exist happy on my developer machine (which is Windows XP Media Center 2005 with SQL Server 2000 developer edition and SQL Server 2005 express edition, plus IIS running as localhost). I get the following error message when launching DotNetNuke 4 for the 1st time.I have it set to use the older legacy SQL server 2000 localhost database and run DNN 4.  When it begins to st...

After migration from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5 do I have to incorporate new web.config settings in old *.config file
Hi,I have successfully migrated web application from .Net 1.1 to .Net 3.5. Could you let me know whether I have to incorporate setting in new web.config (this new web.config file was generated automatically due to migration) into old *.config file?FYI: Old *.config file contains all application level settings required. So I will continue to use old.config file by removing new web.config file. Settings which are in new web.config file are:<configSections><sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup,...

DNN 3.1.1, why is it still using FTB 3.0.5000.1? The latest is 3.1.3300.0
Hi,My DNN 3.1.0 portal site has a fair share of Firefox users, and hyerplinks and emoticons does not work. I know DNN, even 3.1.1 is using the old FTB 3.0.5. Is there a reason for this and also when I swapped the FreeTextBox.DLL in my site it temporarily broke the installation. I guess I should rebuild them from the source project, if I want to go to that on my site.Is this correct?In general I think that Firefox support is going to become very important.Web Site: http://www.culturewave.net/portalThank you.Manabu TokunagaHome of The StokeCultureWave.NET StokePORTAL I know that the ftb3.0 d...

Adding new page DNN 3.1.1
Hi  i am a new user in DNN3 .I want to add one functionality ot custom portal of mine, but i am not able to add a new .aspx page to it.Will i have to add a new module,though this is apretty small functionality and it would suffice in few pages only.Can anybody help..Thanks in advance. DNN only has default.aspx, add functionality using modules or skin objects. see the module developement guide in the documentation pack for further reference.Sebastian Leupoldgamma concept mbHDeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in GermanDNN Project UserDefinedTable...

DNN 3.1 and DNN 3.2.1 What Broke 3rd party Modules
I am consistently having issues with a DNN 3.2.1 install that I never had with DNN 3.1. When I install 3rd party, data-oriented modules, such as XMod Remote Data and Advanced Data Grid, they don't work in DNN 3.2.1. The install goes OK, but I get errors when I try to add them as a module on a page. They work well in DNN 3.1.  Here is the ADG error. Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Request failed. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed. at EfficionConsulting.AdvancedDataGrid.AdvancedDataGrid.BindData() at EfficionConsulting.AdvancedDataGrid...

Instructions for upgrading from DNN 3.1.0 to 3.1.1?
Can someone point me to some quick instructions or tutorials for upgrading from DNN 3.1.0 to 3.1.1? Start with page 11 of the DotNetNuke Installation Guide.  Use the guide that came with DNN3.1.0 and is located here YourDotNetNukeFolder/Documentation/Public.Pay close attention to the requirement to backup your web.config file.  I followed the instructions and had zero problems. Thanks.I have upgraded and things went very well....

Upgrading from DNN 3.1.0 to DNN 3.3.2
I have read various posts regarding upgrades as well as the documentation. I am following all steps to get upgraded but seems I am encountering a serious error with "DotNetNuke.Provider.DNNProvider". I am using the web.config appropriate to release 3.3.2 with the addition of the sqlprovider login, keys, and install date, plus my nonstandard htmlprovider (cutesoft). When I browse the site I get the error below. Seems 'DotNetNuke.Provider.DNNProvider' is new...are these versions compatible for upgrade? Any pointers as to the fix would be appreciatedConfiguration Error Description: An error o...

DotNetNuke 3.3.1 / 4.3.1 Point Release
I see DotNetNuke 3.3.1 / 4.3.1 Point Release posted at DNN site DotNetNuke 3.3.1 / 4.3.1 Point Release - Tuesday, June 20, 2006 A "point" release has been posted for DotNetNuke 3.3/4.3 today. This point release contains fixes for a number of issues which were identified in the original Release Candidate packages. Where do I read, what issues have been addressed ? Check the DotNetNuke Forums:http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Default.aspx?tabid=857&forumid=107&scope=posts&threadid=46918Rodney...

How to create the patches for the existing modules in DotNetNuke 3.1.1?
Hello Everybody, I have created a new module in DNN 3.1.1. Now according to the customer's requirement, I need to change the code and the databse structure in my module and need to upload the module once again. I should not delete the existing module as the data in it will be lost. So I have to create the patch for my module. Can anybody help me in creating the patches? Thank you. Regards,Sharanya You can create a new version of your module by updating your code and recompiling... the key is to make a new "01.01.00.SqlDataProvider" file that has a later version than your original. ...

Developing new skins for the portal in DNN 3.1.1
Hello everybody, I want to make left pane, content pane, right panes of equal width. How can I do this? I need to create new skins for 3 column layout. Where can I set the width for the sknis? Please guide me. Regards, Sharanya There is a great skinning document inside the Documentation zip you can download from DNN.comDo you know the truth when you hear it?...

Web resources about - DNN 3.1 - User name already exists message in new user registration - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Vehicle registration plates of Bulgaria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The standard Bulgarian license plate consists of a blue vertical strip (the European strip) on the left side of the plate containing either the ...

Uber driver Nathan Brenner fined $900 for driving hire car without licence or registration
... operating illegally in Victoria. Uber driver Nathan Brenner​ has been found guilty of driving a hire car without a commercial licence or registration, ...

Apple opens registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’, free programming workshops for kids age 6+
Apple has opened registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’ workshops, providing kids aged six and up with a free one-hour introduction to ...

Every argument against automatic voter registration, debunked
... launched by a group of Democratic campaign veterans, announced that they plan to spend $10 million in order to pass automatic voter registration ...

Obi Worldphone SF1 now up for registration in India
... the former having more premium specs than the latter. It seems the time is near for release, as website Gadgets 360 has exclusively begun registration, ...

Registration for new 'Nintendo account' system opens in Japan
Gamers in Japan can now register for the cross-platform service.

Cap: Civil War - Russo Brothers Confirm Sokovia Accords are Their Superhuman Registration Act
In a trailer analysis interview, Empire got the first word from the Russo Brothers, directors of [...]

FAA Task Force Recommends Requiring Registration For All Drones
... commercial drones or those operated by public agencies other than the military to be registered the same as manned aircraft. Each registration ...

This week in the war on voting: Chris Christie vetoes automatic registration bill
... the third state in the country to dramatically increase its voting base, and likely its voter participation, by adopting automatic voter registration ...

Task Force Recommends Easy FAA Drone Registration Process
DAILY VIDEO: Drone task force recommends simple registration process for owners; Dell instructs users to remove rogue eDellRoot CA; Microsoft, ...