DNN 2.1.x and .NET 2.0 Framework

Has anyone successfully compiled DNN 2.1.x under the 2.0 (beta) framework? I have the 2.0 framework soley running on my development machine - and everything runs fine - but if I try to open up DNN in VS Express 2005 and compile I get a plethora of compilation errors.

Ultimately would like to try and get DNN 2.1.x running under the 2.0 framework using SQL Server 2005 (Yukon) as the backend. Any help getting it to compile would be really appreciated.
0
mrghz

The code is not really ready for .Net 2.0 just yet.

Over the next few releases we will be bringing the code in line with ASP.Net 2.0 and VS.Net 2005. We are working closely with some of our Microsoft contacts to ensure that things we are adding now in 1.1 are fully compatible or very closely related to their ASP.Net 2.0 counterparts.
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
7/28/2004 6:37:05 PM
If you'd like help on this, let me know. I'm very interested in getting DNN 2.0 compliant and hope to get my hands dirty in this task over the next few months. At the moment, nearly all of the errors I've seen revolve around string modifcation (InStr, Mid etc..)

0
mrghz
7/28/2004 6:44:55 PM
I am running 2.0 framework also but i get these errors when i am on the admin or logging pages

Could Not Load Skin: ~/Portals/0/Skins/_default/admin.ascx Error: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.40607\Temporary ASP.NET Files\dnnportalsolutions\bfdcaf56\25af0ec2\92mhq_qu.0.vb(159): error BC30560: 'admin_ascx' is ambiguous in the namespace 'ASP'.

0
lordofkhaos
8/12/2004 5:52:03 PM
I had this problem too. And after checking and following other post, nothing helped. (clean install & DB of 2.1.2, remove express 2005 beta) but if it's not .net 2.x ready so i changed the asp.net version in IIS ASP.NET tab to 1.1.4322.0 and the problem went away.

For me this is the only DNN on this server (only site for that matter). This may not be an option for you.
Allen Balkcom

0
mocklab

I am having the exact same problem as you guys but... when my ISP changed it back to framework 1.1, it still gave me the same problem as in version 2.0 ... as if the change was never made. Should he have rebooted the server or should they have done something else? I told him to uninstall .net framework 2 and reinstall framework 1.1. What do you htink we forgot to do?
My ISP is using win 2000 with IIS5
Thank you
Barzalou
0
barzalou
9/20/2004 6:22:32 PM
I would tell your host to try and go into the 1.1 framework directory and run "aspnet_regiis.exe -i" .. ( on a xp machine it is C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322)

Did your host install .net beta 2.0 on your request or did he do it himself?? if he did then that is the strangest ISP i've heard of.

Michael
Michael

ps. Please remove my moderation status.
0
irvmic
9/20/2004 9:32:08 PM
Actually,

Doesn't the asp 2.0 beta agreement prevent isps from installing asp 2.0 on a publically available servers anyway. Lol OOPS. At least thats what the folks at webhost4life said when I inquired. beta=developers only not production via isp?
0
spectrablue

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ? #2
Hi, After you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." Please check My Article on this issue and the resolution for the same. Comments are welcome. Thanks. regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

NET Framework 2.0 and NET Framework 1.1
Can framework 2.0 and framework 1.1 be installed and used on the same PC at same time? can asp.net 1.1 and asp.net 2.0 running site by site together? Thanks. Hi,yes they can. At my current machine I have these installed .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 without any problems.Grz, Kris.Read my blog. Handy Firefox plugins for web developers.Workaround for non working Mark as answer buttons. after creating a website don't forget to check that this website uses which version of .net (go to website properties--> ASP .NET in IIS)feed the creative machine...

Run application (with Framework .net 1.1) in Framework .net 2.0
Dear All Is it possible to make the application built in Framework .net 1.1 to run in Framework .net 2.0 or to install it in Framework .net 2.0 without modifying its codes? I was told that it will not be compatible, but I tried to run it in .net 2.0 and it can be run successfully. But I have not fully tested it. But if I open it in VS2005, it will give me a lot of errors and warning. So I wonder can I just run it in .net 2.0 without touching its code. By the way, I found that there are v1.0.3705 and v2.0.50727 in my C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework. I have already uninstall ...

.NET framework 2.0 and DNN 2.0
I have built a brand new XP SP2 machine. Got to install DNN. I am unable to install MSDE as I did last year. XP SP2.0 simply rolls back the installation mid-way. Now that I have almost resigned in that direction, I intend to try SQL Server Express, which requires .NET framework 2.0. Q1. Will DNN 2.0 be happy with it? What should I know before I do anything. Q2. Is there a particular version of DNN I need to use? Q3. Just curious, will DNN 2.0 work with VB.NET express? Q4. Just curious, would any of you know why MSDE doesn't install on XP SP2? I am going crazy without a w...

how to upgrade .net framework1.0 to .net framework 1.1 or 2
how to upgrade .net framework1.0 to .net framework 1.1 or 2? I have already installed the new versions of the framework, but still y .net 2002 is using 1.0 framework. Is there a way out i can upgrade it? Its an urgency! Thanks, shakun  If you're using VS 2002, then you SHOULD be using .net framework 1.0.  .Net 2.0 applies to VS 2005 and I believe 1.1 applies to VS 2003 (maybe 2002 as well, but not sure). Correct. VS 2002 only capable of using 1.0, VS 2003 uses 1.1 and VS 2005 uses 2.0. You can install 2003 and 2005 on the same machine, but neither can coexist with...

Refering the .NET 2.0 Assembly in .NET 1.1 Framework
Hi Friends,I have created one class libray which is having one public method of addition using .NET Framework and VS.NET 2005 beta.Now i am referening that dll in my another project which is in VS.NET 2003 but i unable to add that assembly in my reference. it gives an following error "A reference to ..\ClassAdd.dll' could not be added. This is not a valid assembly or COM component.  Only assemblies with extension 'dll' and COM components can be referenced.  Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a valid assembly or COM component."Can you tell me can i take the...

How to use .net 1.1 on webserver after adding .net 2.0 Framework
I have a web server with .net 1.1 installed on it. I am going to install the .net 2.0 framewrok on my server. How can I select the .net 1.1 framework for my existing applications that are already using 1.1 after I install 2.0. Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I have looked at this but it there is no tab to choose .net version, my web server is ms server 2000. Anyone any idea how to do this? Thanks macca macca:Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I...

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
..NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article provides the solution for the same. Thanks.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Unable to debug .net 1.1 applications after installing .net framework 2.0 ?
NET Framework 2.0 (CodeName: Whidbey) is the buzz word around and most of us would have installed the BETA versions to try our hands. However, after you install .NET Framework 2.0, if you continue to use Visual Studio.NET 2003 you may be unable to debug the applications developed in .NET 1.1. You may receive the error "Unable to start debugging on the webserver..." This Article explains the scenario and provides the solution for the same. Hope it helps.regards,Harishhttp://geekswithblogs.net/ranganh...

Web resources about - DNN 2.1.x and .NET 2.0 Framework - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Natasha Stott Despoja launches 'world first' framework to address domestic violence
Australia's first national, evidence-based domestic violence framework was launched at Parliament House on Tuesday.

Xposed framework for Android 6.0 Marshmallow is getting closer
The popular Xposed framework, which allows for a seemingly endless amount of customizations and tweaks to Android, unfortunately still isn't ...

Safe Harbor 2.0 framework begins to capsize as January deadline nears
(credit: Andree Stephan ) Safe Harbour 2.0, currently being drawn up by the EU and US authorities, "will not provide a viable framework for ...

UI Frameworks – Bootstrap
... you produce a responsive website. About Bootstrap To quote the Bootstrap website: “Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

New Product: 2016 Marketing Planning Framework
... a plan, a strategy, and a budget rooted in reality that gave you the resources you need to succeed? In the 2016 Marketing Planning Framework ...

Google engineers craft a Dart framework for iOS and Android
The UI framework uses its own rendering engine to draw widgets

Google Launches Framework to Load Content on Mobile Web Quickly
Google gives publishers a way to load content faster on mobile Web; FireEye reveals new Android malvertising threat; Samsung's Q3 profit forecasts ...

Angular-Meteor links JavaScript frameworks
... build system improvements and ECMAScript compliance Angular-Meteor, Meteor's technology for using the Angular and Meteor JavaScript frameworks ...