DNN 2.0.4 User Registration Email

I have just upgraded to DNN 2.0.4 and my new users are not getting the registration Email.  I am getting the Email that says that they have registered.  The bulk Email works.  I have the User Registration set to Verified.  Am I missing something?  Please help me if you can.

Keith
0
speed41ae

After some more testing I have found that the bulk Email only works if I send it to myself.
0
speed41ae
5/7/2004 2:35:13 PM
sorry, I'm new but did you setup an SMTP USER and SMTP Password in the host settings? I know exchange can be particular.
John

Free DotNetNuke News, Tips, Strategies and more.
www.dotnetnukesites.com
0
phr0ze
5/7/2004 4:05:37 PM
Yes I have.
0
speed41ae
5/7/2004 5:57:01 PM
I got it to work!  I changed the smtp password to bob and clicked update.  I then verified that my Email did not work at all now.  I then changed the smtp password back to what it was supposed to be and clicked update and now everything works!
0
speed41ae
5/7/2004 7:42:08 PM
if you update the host settings password will be lost also.

see the post here...
http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=561662
Dave
0
DBuckner

New module
Module: ITSCS Manage Users 2.0.0 For DNN 1.0.10e and DNN 2.0.4 (with source) ITSCS Manage Users PRO v.2.0 allows for enhanced bulk and individual management of users and roles in DotNetNuke single or multi-portal setup. This Module is a must-have tool for portal administrators with large numbers of users and roles - especially in multiportal setups. Now you can: Search user database by: - Login, - First Name - Last Name - Email - Created Date - Authorized/not authorized - Portals (global search if user is host or portals that the user is admin...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2 #2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process? Well, since I didn't get a response, I tried the instructions at that site. When running these, REPLACE EVERYTHING, and it upgrades your site just fine. If anyone has questions, ask me.  Mine went smoothly....

DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0
Hi, I am trying to install DNN 2.0.4 on my machine but get below error when logging in on localhost/dotnetnuke (running sql). Any idea of what is wrong - could it be .net fwk v2.0 (which I am running for various reasons) that has new constraints?. ************************************************************** Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

DNN 3.2.2 New User Registration Sending Email to Wrong Users
This is the first time I've seen this, but I have a 3.2.2 site and it's just starting to get activity. I've had three different users register today and each got email confirmation from another user. I am using UCanUseUserAttributes 2.05.05. I haven't noticed this sort of thing in the past, but does anyone have a clue as to why this is? It doesn't bode well for user confidence to receive confirmation email from another user. ThanksTj Tj, You should contact the developer of "UCanUseUserAttributes".  If what you are saying can be duplicated then either you have configured "UCanUseUse...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
I have used the post at: http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx to install DNN4.0.0 and now I'd like to update to 4.0.2.  Should I use the same instructions to install over 4.0.0, or is there another process?...

Error after upgrading from DNN 4.0.0 to 4.0.2
Hi, I've just upgraded from 4.0.0, and the upgrade process appeared to run OK. I had added the SiteSqlServer, ValidationKey and DecryptionKey settings to the new web.config file and I can get to the site OK, but... None of the module content displays. Each module says: An error has occurred.Error: <title of module> is currently unavailable. The titles are there, all the pages and menu items are there - just no content (text etc.) insode the modules. Any ideas? Thanks!http://www.matthewbarr.co.uk Solved this ourselves - we had a typo in one of the connection strings in web.conf...

Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4
Name: Steven C. Stacy Email: bigmosteve_57atwildbluedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Comments: I have been a programmer for 30 years. I just upgraded to the versions on Firefox and Thunderbird listed in the subject line. I think these versions are very buggy. Firefox's password manager doesn't work and even with the link "http://hendrix.mozilla.org" work around link to "force autocomplete=off doesn't do the trick. Thunderbird can get my e-mail but keeps asking for one on the accounts password. When I ca...

DNN 3.2.2 and DNN 4.0.2
Just in time for christmas, the German translations of DotNetNuke 3.2.2 and 4.0.2 are available for download at DeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in German. There are also language packs for the new versions of core modules Gallery and Forums. Happy Christmas - Fröhliche Weihnachten - Joyeux Noel!Sebastian Leupoldgamma concept mbHDeutschNetNuke = DotNetNuke in GermanDNN Project UserDefinedTable...

.NET framework 2.0 and DNN 2.0
I have built a brand new XP SP2 machine. Got to install DNN. I am unable to install MSDE as I did last year. XP SP2.0 simply rolls back the installation mid-way. Now that I have almost resigned in that direction, I intend to try SQL Server Express, which requires .NET framework 2.0. Q1. Will DNN 2.0 be happy with it? What should I know before I do anything. Q2. Is there a particular version of DNN I need to use? Q3. Just curious, will DNN 2.0 work with VB.NET express? Q4. Just curious, would any of you know why MSDE doesn't install on XP SP2? I am going crazy without a w...

Upgrade dnn 4.0.2 to dnn 4.0.3 (site don't show on IE and firefox)
In firefox window shows : The page isn't redirecting properlyFirefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.    *   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept          cookies.Url change from http://www.ploufs.net to http://www.ploufs.net/Default.aspx?alias=www.ploufs.net.In IE web site don't show.How solve this problem ?...

Upgrading a DotNetNuke 4.0.0 Starter Kit based install to 4.0.2
Looking for advice on how to do this. Documentation doesn't cover this scenerio. My initial install was based on the great post http://forums.asp.net/1114393/ShowPost.aspx I have step 1. Backup everything. What next? I hope someone has done this. I'm just putting off having to build a duplicate environment to try copying the source over the top of my VWDExpress and recompiling....

Upgraded from 4.0.2 to 4.2.1
Hi, I followed the instructions on http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/4.2/en/html/upgrade.html to upgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.2.1. When I go to the login page in the browser, it shows the version as 4.0.2 rather than 4.2.1. How can I tell what version of Bugzilla I really have installed? Thanks for your help. - Melissa PS At my company, Bugzilla is running on OpenSolaris. ...

Upgrading from DNN 4.0.1 to 4.0.2
I am trying to upgrade form dnn 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 -- summary of instructions that I have is below (please correct if not complete).How does the db gets upgraded and data migrated?Thank you =========================== Summary of install instruction below. make an backup of your site and your database ensure, that the backup worked correctly source / Install packages: copy all files over the existing onestemplate: re-install the template overwriting the existing one rename web.config copy release.config to web.config move all custon strings from your old web.config to new one e...

DNN 4.0 & .Net 2.0, SQL2005 (SQLExpress) with SQL Server Management Studio Express
Anyone have installation instructions for this configuration:WinXP, IIS 5.1, .Net 2.0 (release), SQL2005 (SQLExpress) release...without VisualStudio 2005? Using SQLSMSE for database creation?Every attempt I make appears to succeed, but viewing the databasein SQLSMSE shows no stored procs, etc. in the db. Sometimes thecore modules are installed / available, sometimes they're not.Is it related to the file attachment in web.config?Could this have something to do with the 'file manager is unavailable'and 'cannot open a closed file' errors people have been reporting?Kirk...

Web resources about - DNN 2.0.4 User Registration Email - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
L396, 30.12.2006, pp. 1–849 C112, 30.4.2004, p. 92 C294, 25.11.2005, pp. 38–44 . REACH addresses the production and use of chemical substances ...

Join Us at F8 – Registration is Now Open!
Come meet with other developers and innovators who are excited about connecting the world! We’re hosting F8, our annual global developer conference, ...

China Customs IP Registrations: Free For A Limited Time Only!
Registering your IP with China Customs has always made economic sense, but considering that it's free right now, you should do it ASAP.

F8 2016 Registration Is Open
Registration is now open for Facebook’s global developer conference, F8 2016 , which will be held at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco April ...

Why did the federal government just give Kansas the go-ahead to require proof-of-citizenship for voter ...
... will now have to provide “a document, or copy thereof, demonstrating United States citizenship within 90 days of filling out” their voter registration ...

Maryland “hobbyist” sues FAA to overturn new drone registration rule
... Gabriel Garcia Marengo ) A Maryland lawyer has sued the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), asking that the agency’s new drone registration ...

Biometrics and healthcare, cybersecurity, voter registration and law enforcement trending this week
Here is a recap of the most popular biometrics industry news that appeared on BiometricUpdate.com this past week. Healthcare The National Patient ...

GOP Gains Modestly in Iowa’s Voter Registration Shifts
GOP Gains Modestly in Iowa's Voter Registration Shifts

New proposals in Olympia include incentives for low rents, automatic voter registration, gun restrictions ...
Seattle may not be able to force landlords to lower rents (yet), but a bill in the State Legislature could incentivize them to do so. A bipartisan ...

New domain registration sparks iCar chatter
You may not be able to buy an Apple Car yet, but an Apple Car website could be in the works.