critical error has occurred.Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value

In Debug mode my cutome module is working well. After that i created a zip file to upload the module and also i deleted my tables and store procedures.When I upload my zip file there is no error, Table and All the storeprocedures are installed  in my database.
I don't know what is the problem.

The error message is this
0
sulaksha

The problem could be that you did not set valid default values for you module settings.
Have a look at this.

Best regards

Hans-Peter

DNNPortal German DotNetNuke Community
0
SchelianHP
5/25/2005 12:39:01 PM
Thank you very much

I reolve that problem by setting the default settings.

Now i have one more problem.When i update the my datas it is giving me the error

The error is

Error: Edit Book is currently unavailable.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Input string was not in a correct format. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) at Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) at CGH.DNN.Modules.Book.Data.SqlDataProvider.UpdateBook(Int32 itemId, String iSBNNo, String author1, String author2, String title, String publication, String callNo, String edition, String subject1, String subject2, String subject3, String location, String type, String review, DateTime creationDate, String currentFrequency, String image, Int32 portalId, Int32 moduleId) at CGH.DNN.Modules.Book.Business.BookController.Update(BookInfo objBook) at CGH.DNN.Modules.Book.BookEdit.cmdUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

0
sulaksha
5/27/2005 2:14:19 AM

I resolved that problem .

I just delete the module from dotnetnuke module definition , i did't delete the database, i reupload the module , than it is working in other pc also.I dod't know what is the problem in my custom module or not.

Thank You

0
sulaksha

Error:
Can anyone help me, I am getting the following error whilst attempting to retrieve data from an Access DB: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value I receive this error from a method which uses a select statement to retrieve data into a datareader, and then I place the value of each of the columns into variables. I have another method before this one which is identical, except for the select statement, and it gives me no errors at all. Here is my code: 'create the connection string objects Dim connstr As String co...

(urgent) How do i handle this error in tabs: ( specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value)
Hi   My user control consisted of a datagrid and in that datagrid i was diplaying the plans for that particular user.. My user control consits of paging and sorting but when i click on those pages no and sort by column name i get and error in the form of an popup window but the pagin and the sorting is been handled by the User control...  specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value   What should i do to solve it Regards KAren...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
I am having a very difficult issue to resolve with this one. I have a GridView where I have set AutoGenerateDeleteButton to true, and I have a delete query in my DataSource. The delete query is actually a Stored Procedure. Within that stored procedure I initially just deleted the row and also deleted some related records, and also updated a related record with a timestamp. That all worked just fine. However, I then added a Cursor to the Stored Procedure that goes through all of the records in a given set and renumbers them after the delete. After adding this Cursor to the Stored Proce...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value
I have two drop down list, one are titles, second one are title definition. after clicking titles dropdown list, second one will show the definition. it works fine when I used code below in the function BindData_Type_dropdown() type_DropDownList.DataSource = ds.Tables(0)         'type_DropDownList.DataTextField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("Title").ColumnName.ToString()         'type_DropDownList.DataValueField = ds.Tables(0).Columns("ID").ColumnName.ToString()         'type_DropDownList.Data...

Specified argument was out of range of valid values. Parameter name:Value
Hi Guru's,  Below is my problem. I have a user control, in which I have a ajax tab control. At design time I just have the tabcontainer and depending on the id passed to the control I am generating the contents for the tab's. Basically each of the tab contains a list of items for each item a series of option buttons are presented to mark the score.  I have set eanable view state to false for tab and all the dynamically generated radio buttons and checkbox's, and enabled autopostback to ture, when I click on any of radio button, checkbox or image b...

specified argument was out of the range of valid values parameter name: value
 hello everyone, i need your help.. i have a gridview that has a delete button, this gridview is inside a parent gridview. my problem now is when i delete the row(the child griview will always contain one row only)  it gave me an error stating that the specified argument was out of range of valid values parameter name: value, after refreshing that's the only time the delete button will function correctly. what could be the possible reason for this, this error appears occasionally, i can't afford to have this error during our defense..please help....here is my code for delet...

(Urgent) specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value
Hi  i have a datagrid in a user control which has pagin and sorting enabled and the data loads fine.. I am calling this UserControl in a tab panel using Ajax.. But when I Try to sort and page in my tab Panel...i get an error saying  specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Value Hope u can help me solve it.. I am dynamically generating the Tabpanel and passing the valid values to load the user control.. but when i try to page and sort i get a popup with the above error.. Any help will be appreicated. Regards Karen Golden rule about ...

Error adding node
 I have a recordset that I loop thru adding nodes to my treeview.Well at around record # 123 out of 500 or so, I get this error adding child node :"Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection." The node I'm adding to exists, and I can't see anything wrong w/ the data -  and it always gets hung up on the same record.*And the same code has been used 122 times already w/out issue. *Any ideas ?  my code: 'lastDivisionIndex = 1'...

Error!
Hi I have a GridView with 9 columns. I want to allow sorting and paging for my GridView. But, I want to disable the sorting on few columnsColumn 0 <asp:BoundField HeaderText="#" SortExpression ="" />RowDataBound Event e.Row.Cells(0).Text = "<input type=""checkbox"" value=""" & _e.Row.Cells(1).Text & """ name=""chkRecordId"" id=""chkRecordId""/>" The above codes cause error! The first column is not autogenerated, I simple insert chkbox for each r...

Error : http://localhost/dotnetnuke/Default.aspx?tabid=1&error=Specified+argument+was+out+of+the+range+of+valid+values.%0d%0aParameter+name%3a+index&content=0
Error on show main page ?? http://localhost/dotnetnuke/Default.aspx?tabid=1&error=Specified+argument+was+out+of+the+range+of+valid+values.%0d%0aParameter+name%3a+index&content=0 You might find more info in the exception log. you'll find the log in the logs directory under your portal directory unless you have changed the web.config it will be named exceptions.xml.resources So mine is at DotNetNuke\Portals\_default\Logs You might also want change the UseCustomErrorMessages entry in the hostsettings table to N so you see the exception first. Visit www.dnnnotes.com...

Updating a checkbox within a datagrid and getting the error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index
Currently I have a Datagrid That displays a list of files in a directory. The code I used to do this is as follows is held within a procedure called doit() and is as follows: Dim fi As System.IO.FileInfo Dim di As New System.IO.DirectoryInfo("//c/HayesProj") Dim files As System.IO.FileInfo() = di.GetFiles("*.pdf") Dim afile As System.IO.FileInfo Me.Datagrid3.DataSource = files Me.DataBind() Using a Template Column I have displayed a checkbox against each file that lists out in the datagrid. ...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: Hour, Minute, and Second parameters describe an unrepresentable DateTime.
This error frequently occurs when run OleDbCommand.ExecuteReader to query data from Oracle database and then bind to the DataGrid. In sql select statement has no any datatype date column. I use Oracle Provider for OLE DB. Check out my post on storing dates in Oracle at http://www.asp.net/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?tabindex=1&PostID=341221...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index
hi i wrote the following code: System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image z=new System.Web.UI.WebControls.Image(); z.Width=100; Table1.Rows[0].Cells[0].Controls.Add(c);and i get this error Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index i guess its becuse the table size is not initialized, if so i cant find away to do it....does someone have an idea whats the problem?? thanks So the Table doesn't have any rows or cells added yet? If thatr's the case, you'd either put them declaratively there before indexing to the collections (in aspx) or add them dynamically&...

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: index ?
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: index Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.Parameter name: indexSource Error: Line 146: Line 147: Line 148: Dim temp_members = "INSERT INTO T_EGIS_INT_MOTOR_MST " & _ Line 149: "(PRODUCT_CODE, MAKE, &qu...

Web resources about - critical error has occurred.Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: value - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Report: Martin Shkreli Owes Over $4.6 Million In Back Taxes To IRS
Last month, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) filed a federal tax lien against “Pharma Bro” Martin Shkreli, claiming he the government over ...

Watch Star Kart combine Star Wars and Mario Kart for fantastic hyperspace racing
There are distinct similarities between Star Wars and the Super Mario series. Both involve the rescue of a princess, for one, and both feature ...

NY cop found guilty in 2014 fatal shooting of unarmed black man
A jury has found a rookie New York police officer guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 fatal shooting of an unarmed black man an incident that ...

The best movies to stream on Valentine's Day
The best movies to stream on Valentine's Day It's official – streaming a movie while snuggling up to a loved one is now considered an extremely ...

Microsoft has no plans to change Windows 10 consumer privacy settings
Another report from Forbes turns out to be incorrect. Sources with direct knowledge of Windows product plans confirm that there are no plans ...

South Korea, U.S. to discuss missile defense; South cuts power to Kaesong park
By Jack Kim and Ju-min Park SEOUL (Reuters) - South Korea will begin talks with Washington as early as next week on deploying an advanced U.S. ...

CBS CEO: Streaming TV Talks With Apple Have Stopped
It has long been rumored that one of the major changes that Apple wanted to make to its Apple TV platform would be to turn it into a streaming ...

George Clooney Brings 'Hail Caesar' to Berlin with Wife Amal!
George Clooney walks the red carpet at the premiere of his movie Hail Caesar held during the 2016 Berlin Film Festival on Thursday (February ...

Judge Mulling Sentence for New Mexico Teen Who Killed Family
The fate of a New Mexico teenager who killed five family members in 2013 is in the hands of a judge

Ceasefire in Syria agreed as John Kerry announces 'pause' in hostilities
World powers have agreed to a 'cessation of hostilities' in Syria, due to begin in a week's time, after a crisis meeting was held in Munich. ...