Confused! DNN 1.0.10 on .NET 1.0 or 1.1?

What version of ASP.Net should I be running DNN 10.0.1d on?

Currently i am running it on 1.0 on both test server and live, but this means that some 3rd party modules will not work and i get the "File or assembly name System, or one of its dependencies, was not found" error..
So what should i be running? can i just swicth over now to 1.1 and all will be fine and dandy? i do not want to have to go into the code and recompile.
From the DNN 2.0 documentation i thought this would be the version for .Net 1.1 and that DNN 1.0 was for .Net 1.0 and therefore i should change over to 1.1 when i change to DNN 2.0.
Ver confused here? Which one would be best? if i change now will it make much difference? will it make the modules i have bought and donloaded like adveragous forums work?
Clarification please!
Thank you
Cat
0
cathope

Hi Cat

1.1 is the best, simply because 3rd party module developers sometimes only compile for 1.1, and do not offer a 1.0 version. So if you can use 1.1, we recommend to do so.
-Scott
Modules, Skins & Skin Objects @ www.smcculloch.net
0
smcculloch
2/9/2004 12:50:13 PM
DNN should run on either framework just fine.  I run all my sites now on 1.1 (and yes this will help with some 3rd party modules that use specific 1.1 methods).  You will need to make the one required change to the web.config (validateRequest="False") but otherwise everything really should be fine.
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
2/9/2004 12:53:02 PM
thank you both of you, i shall upgrade to 1.1 on my test server just to make sure everything is fine....and then give it a go.

Cheers!
Cat
0
cathope
2/9/2004 1:15:43 PM
Good thread.  I was wondering that, too.   Thanks.
- Tim Sinnott
0
TimSinnott

Running DNN compliled on .net FW 1.0.3705 on .net FW 1.1
I have a DNN 1.10c portal that I developed and compiled on VS02 on a PC with .net Framework 1.0.3705. It is currently in production on a machine running .net Framework 1.0.3705. I am preparing to move this portal to a new server with Win2003 server and .net Framework 1.1.4322. Are there be any problems due to the differing version of the .net Framework? Is it neccessary to recomplie on a machine with .net Framework 1.1.4322? Any other suggestions or comments would be welcomed! synergetic_1 1.0 framework items should run on 1.1 as is, but not vice versa. To com...

I haven't seen this anywhere, so I figured I would add it here. First of all, it is incorrect to recommend to anyone that who has VS.NET 2002 to do ANYTHING but first install VS.NET 2002. The installl order for VS.NET 2002 and .Net Framwork 1.1 SHOULD BE: 0. Install ALL windows updates for your pc EXCEPT FOR .NET Framwork 1.1 1. Install VS.NET 2002 2. Install MSDE that comes w/VS.NET 2002 (USE A NAMED INSTANCE! Never usee the default instance) 2. Install MDAC 2.8 3. Install .Net Framework 1.1 4. SOMEHOW GET RID OF .NET Framework and get VS.NET and IIS 5.x to work w...

best method to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Hi, There is an article on this, right on this site. Check this Hope it hel...

.NET 1.0 books and .NET 1.1 books. Does it matter ??
Hello, I want to buy a book that is good to learn asp.net. I have seen some good books on ASP.NET in the book store, but some of them are for .NET 1.0 and not the current 1.1. Does it make that big of a difference if the asp.net book is 1.0 and not 1.1 ???? Someone please help me as I have to do quite a bit of driving to go review and purchase a book. I need to leave in about an hour so if someone know the answer, please respond, asap. Sincerely, Amy Daynou Amy- The changes are small enough that you won't see much, if any difference. This doesn't apply as much if you're ...

best practices to migrate from .net 1.0 to .net 1.1
hi, i have windows xp pro running iis 5.1. i have an intranet site running under iis. i made this site using VS.NET 2002 under .NET framework 1.0.3705. Now i want to upgrade me .NET frame work to version 1.1. , but i still want to use VS.NET 2002 for programming and maintaining the site. How do i do this without the upgrade affecting my already deployed website. A step by step procedure to migrate from version 1.0.3705 to version 1.1 would be quite helpful. Thanks in advance, Raja. Well, at least take a look at this doc about running v1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side h...

MasterPages for NET 1.0 / 1.1
Hi all This template engine for .NET 1.0 / 1.1 allows you to render the contents of your ASP.net web forms as parts of a MasterPage (template). It's extremely easy to use and provides full designer support. The engine is component based - unlike other engines, it keeps your HTML clean and you don't have to rearrange your web forms. This prevents you from scattering additional HTML all over your web application and enforces a clean separation of design and development. I've published an article regarding it's use @ codeproject where you also find the source and a demo project: ht...

.NET 1.0 vs 1.1
I am using DNN 1.0.10c. Whenever I make changes to the source code, I recompile it with Visual Studio .net and the .NET Framework 1.0. I also have Visual Studio .NET 2003 available to me. Is it safe for me to use this version of VS, as then I can take advantage of the 1.1 version of the framework? Or is DNN not 1.1 & vs2003 compatable? Thanks! I installed 1.1 as soon as it came out and use it with VS 02 with no issue to report. Recently I installed 03 and I don’t have any issue with that either. However, Colleague still runs VS02 so I am still running 02 on some of the pr...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1
If a .NET application has been developed under .NET Framework 1.0, are there any problems when deploying the application in a system running Framework 1.1? Please advise. From my knowledge there is no problem; in .Net back ward compatibility is there! Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti no problem as long as you have the configuration file with all the dll mapping stuff right.Christian CalderonNeed to work in Classic ASP? then do it the right way with CLASP!Classic ASP Framework I don't English. hi... im using windows xp pro, visual studio.net, an...

Install 1.0 and 1.1 side-by-side and use the 1.1 csc to compile a 1.0
Hi, I have the following (tricky) questions: 1. Can I install the 1.0 and 1.1 .NET Framework side-by-side with NO drawbacks on MY PC where I develop the .NET applications? (I do NOT use VS.NET) 2. After installing the 1.1 version, am I STILL ABLE to compile a 1.0 version, since our production web-server still runs on 1.0 (our development web-server was upgraded to 1.1) ?? thx Eau .... as long as you compile DLLs with the right csc.exe/vbc.exe from 1.0 or 1.1 Free ASP.NET Version Switcher may interest you.DNN skins ForumTressleworks modulesDNN & webhostingIEWCtrls...

Automated cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5
"I have posted an updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that now contains support for automatically cleaning up the .NET Framework 1.0, the .NET Framework 1.1, the .NET Framework 2.0, the ..NET Framework 3.0 and the .NET Framework 3.5. This tool automates the manual cleanup steps for the .NET Framework 2.0 that I posted a while ago. These steps have helped solve most of the known .NET Framework 2.0 beta uninstall issues that I know of. In addition, the tool can be useful to return your system to a known (relatively clean) state in case you run into any .NET Framew...

.NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1 #2
I develop apps on a Windows server running Framework 1.1. Initially we had 1.0 installed on our local computers and was later on upgraded to 1.1. When I try to build a component that was made for 1.1, it gives me an error saying that I am using v1.0. When I go to Help -> About in Visual Studio, I see .NET 1.0 listed When I go to Add/Remove programs, I see both .NET 1.0 and .NET 1.1 listed Why is it using 1.0 when 1.1 is installed? Please help. Have you upgraded your version of Visual Studio to VS 2003? You'll need that version to build for Framework 1.1JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC+...

Web resources about - Confused! DNN 1.0.10 on .NET 1.0 or 1.1? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Dazed & Confused (magazine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dazed (formerly Dazed & Confused ) is a monthly British style magazine founded in 1992. Its founding editors were Jefferson Hack and fashion ...

Confused.com Turns Facebook Into House Of Horrors
U.K.-based price-comparison website Confused.com created a Take This Lollipop -inspired video application to promote the benefits of home insurance ...

FAQ: How do you do dis? I confused! - Facebook
Keith "Aieron" Knight hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel FAQ: How do you do dis? I confused! geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen. ...

K.C. Confused - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Major Poop Pants' photos on Flickr. Major Poop Pants has uploaded 306 photos to Flickr.

Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused ( Song Remains the Same ) 1080p - YouTube
i don't own this video Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused ( Song Remains the Same )

UAE students considering online study confused by new advice
University students can now browse a list of institutions in the US, UK and Australia offering online degrees that are accredited by the Ministry ...

Confused NASA's role lost in space
Confused NASA's role lost in space

Borrowers are confused on what is a good interest rate
... different interest rates each borrower is paying. The constant massaging of interest rates by the banks has left many home loan customers confused ...

Paris attacks leave travellers confused, Vancouver airport normal
Flights in and out of Paris are operating today, but some travellers may have second thoughts about heading there.

Honda 'confused and baffled' by Japan's hydrogen delay
Filed under: Government/Legal , Green , Honda , Japan , Hydrogen Japanese automaker wants the government to figure out its refueling-station ...