Child portals with child portals

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but it is in relation to a custom module so here it goes.

Can a child portal have child portals?

If i try to create a child portal within a child portal using the standard dnn portal creator the portal seems to be created correctly except for the fact that the directory with default.ascx is created in the root of the dnn site not as a subdirectory of the child folder. If i move the directory the portal seems to behave.

Is the location of the folder handled by PortalCrontroller.Createportal or is it just a value that is passed to the function?

Are there any other implications to this that i should be aware of?

0
Stranger

Promote Child Portal to Parent and Parent Portal to Child
Here is my situation. When I created our website at work, we were in charge of a Division of the company in a Directorate, Division, Branch style setup. So I developed the site with the Division as the parent. Now we have been requested to re-do and start maintaining the Directorate level website and all childs. So how do I promote a Child Portal (Directorate) to the Parent Portal and my current Parent Portal (Branch) to a child? I tried changing the portal aliases to no avail. Any other suggestions?Jeremy...

Mangage Child portals + Independant portal from Master portal
I was just thinking that if you had a table consisting of PortalID,connectionstring you could modify the Getdatabaseconnectionstring function to accept a portalid parameter. Inside that function just return the connectionstring for that portalId the Host account could then have modules that allow maint. and reports whatever ya thought up, form one source without having to go directly to the site because the authintication would be valid, the only thing changing is where the data is coming and going. I have not implemeneted this at all yet but the concept seems valid. It sure would help for ...

child,chid of child ,child of child of child
    ............child  |parent|.............a1     |a     | .............a2     |a     |.............a11   |a1    |.............b1     |b     |.............b11   |b1    |.............b111 |b1    |............. Here is my table I want to get all childs of "a" ie {a1,a11,a2}I mean recursivelyie child,chid of child ,child of child of child ........etc up to any extentet the table containHow can...

child portals updating other portals
Here is my problem, I have a parent portal and several child portals. Each child has it's own admin. Each child portal is a different department in our company. When different admins log into their own portal and upload to the file manager, it will automatically upload that document to any portal that has an admin logged in. Ex: Accounting is uploading a document for their portal and Marketing is logged in, Accounting's document will automatically add their document to Accounting's file manager and Marketing's portal(file manager) Now Marketing can see the accounting document in the...

Convert Portal to Child Portal
I didn't prepare for future growth when I created my website using DotNetNuke, which leads me to this: I want to convert my current site to be a child portal of the site. Is it possible to do this? I know it will probably involve editing the database directly to move all the modules and user over to the new portal, but is there anything else I need to worry about? I don't want to lose all my current stuff is my main problem. Any help on this at all is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Tim Groven just a few changes to your database and your filefolder naming, and you will be goo...

one portal(child portal and parent portal) can have multiple domain names at same time?
I create one child portal: www.mysite.com/client, now my client want to add one www.clientsite.com domain on it and doesn't change anything.Is it possible?I have added it on my DNN, but it doesn't work.I want to know, one portal(child portal and parent portal) can have multiple domain names at same time?...

child portal login from main portal
I would like users to be able to login to our main portal and then go to child portals without having to login again, is this possible? I have the same users for all portals so I have already assigned the users to each portal in UserPortals and tied them to the appropriate roles for each portal. This all works, but when they are in the main portal and go to a child portal it displays the login page, even though the banner still shows their Account Name and the Logoff link. If they refresh the page it goes to the child portal main page... How do I skip displaying the login? It seems ...

Converting a Child Portal to a Parent portal
I have a child portal on my host whose owner recently registered a domain name. Now, rather than seeing the <www.myhost../portal/childportalname> URL in the client browser, they would like the address to remain at their domain name. I think that I need to convert their portal from a child portal to a parent portal. Is this possible without having to create a new portal? If so, how do I go about doing it? actually, it's REALLY simple. All you have to do is change the Portal alias field in the site settings to the new URL. (or, alternatively, have both aliases in this filed seper...

Would this work to recreate a portal as a child portal?
I wanted to get some opinions on this before trying it and potentially have to redo my entire setup. If you have an existing portal - mydomain.com complete with Tabs, usernames ,etc that you would now like to turn into a child portal of the parent - mydomain.com/child could you backup all of the files in the parent portal and then restore them to the child portal folder? The reason for this would be to preserve the layout, users, etc., as if you were restoring your entire portal to another server. Being that both would be accessing the existing SQL db would you retain all of the use...

Diff between Child portal and a parent portal?
Hi Can any one tell me what is the Diff between Child portal and a parent portal? Ever since i upgraded to .Net 1.1 i am not able to create a parent portal. Has anyone noticed this? When using .Net 1.0 it was ok. Creating child portal is ok in .Net 1.1. Thanks. I kind of doubt that it is related to the actual framework that is installed on the machine. If you want to rollback your virtual directory to the 1.0 framework, you can run this command at the command prompt: (could be WINDOWS or WINNT based on your OS) 1. cd C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.0.3705 2. Run th...

I need help with portals and child portals
OK, I am currently doing my company's site (security industry related) with DNN 3.2.  I have implemented the activeforums module into it but now my boss purchased securityforum.com or some such thing and wants it to point to the forum.  Now the problem i have is that when people log in (even on the forums page), they are taken back to the home page, not back in to the forum.  How can I fix it so that instead of logging in to the home page it goes to the specific page they came from.  Also note, I had to add a log in page (set in the site settings) because my site has a we...

Change child portal to parent portal.
Dear Buddies, Could anyone please explain the process involved in changing the child portal to parent portal. Regards, Nickel. They are essentially the same thing. So the only difference is the alias which in a child portal might be yourdomain.com/child. When you have a full domain (say newportalname.com) to point at that portal you change the alias (Site Settings) to read www.newportalname.com,newportalname.com Now when your users go to newportalname.com they will be directed to the correct portal. Regards Regards, Nick Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net  Tha...

Relocate existing portal to new child portal
I originally created Portal A on a subdomain and have since purchased a new domain and created a new parent Portal B, under which I would like to relocate Portal A as a child portal.  Do I need to rebuild the Portal A on a new child portal or can I somehow "switch" its location to a new child designation?I found the Export Template (Include content) settings, but I am not certain of how they work.  My portal has 46 users and I don't want to interrupt their settings.  It also has approx 50mb of uploaded user files that I don't want to break.Advice please? Why not add the...

DNN child portals without parent portal?
I currently have www.domain.com setup as the primary DNN portal.  In addition, I have multiple child portals underneath www.domain.com Question:  Is it possible to make www.domain.com a regular web site (flash/html) without affecting the child portals. I am afraid to point www.domain.com to a subfolder becuase it may mess up the child portals even if I leave all of the DNN files untouched. Any thoughts?...

Web resources about - Child portals with child portals - asp.net.dotnetnuke

The Tech Portal - India's No.1 website for news on Technology and Start-ups
Though we are well aware as to how rapidly Indians have been adapting to e-retailing, but this was further re-affirmed by Google’s recently released ...

Wikipedia:Community portal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Guild of Copy Editors is hosting its May backlog elimination drive . Sign up to correct hideous grammar, improve your editing skills , and ...

Portals in fiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A portal in science fiction and fantasy is a magical or technological doorway that connects two distant locations separated by spacetime . It ...

Facebook Launches PMD Center Portal For Its Preferred Marketing Developers
Facebook introduced a one-stop shop for its Preferred Marketing Developers , the PMD Center , which allows marketers to sort through the social ...

Everything PR - The Public Relations News Portal
Everything PR is a public relations news portal featuring industry news, trends, and analysis. Learn what's new in PR, social media and marketing. ...

Announcing the FbStart.com Member Portal
Today, we're opening a new online portal for members of FbStart, our global program for mobile app startups. The portal will allow members to ...

Home - FinancialMagazin.com - Financial News Portal
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT) may have stumbled due to low sales over the past few months followed up by the recent blow on the sales and ...

Vaping Portal (@VapingP) on Twitter

YIBADA, Global Chinese Portal
Yibada is a dedicated one-stop news resource about China. We cover the latest news on China in different topics including business, culture and ...