Child Portal Document module links not working - bad link reference

After upgrading from 2.04 to 2.1.2, all document module links refer to Portal 0 and not the child portal number.  Even tried to add a new document module and even though I can select the documents within the child Portal, the resulting link is still incorrect.
0
housefly

bump
0
housefly
6/21/2004 9:01:07 PM
Ok, I'm testing my localhost 2.1.2 copy (which I also upgrade from 2.04).  If I have a child domain (Portals/1), and I add a "Documents" module, and a sample document (one that has been uploaded) .  If I click the the links I get two different errors.  If I click the hypertext-title I get "The page cannot be found" error.  It has the following URL:

http://localhost/DotNetNuke2/Portals/0/sampletext.doc
If I click the download link, the page refreshes to a empty content area, and I see the following URL:
http://localhost/dotnetnuke2/Default.aspx?tabid=1&def=errormessage
It seams to me that the Document module link code is not properly determining the Portal value when creating the link. Does anyone have a fix for this?
0
housefly
6/21/2004 9:30:24 PM
Now I've created a clean install of DNN 2.1.2.  Created a child Portal.  Added a document module.  Uploded a file, and added a new Document link.  Click on the document link and I get the same errors....

So it not the upgrade that is causing the problem, but rather the new code in 2.12 has a BUG.
0
housefly
6/21/2004 9:51:23 PM
Child Domain #2 - I used bg-joo.jpg as a test file

Here's my Error Log after clicking the download link (Note it shows as PortalID 0 and not 2):
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: System.IO.__Error.WinIOError
DatabaseVersion: 2.1.2
AssemblyVersion: 2.1.2.16001
PortalID: 0
PortalName: Engineering Web Site Home
UserID: 2
UserName: host
ActiveTabID: 1
ActiveTabName: Home
AbsoluteURL: /LinkClick.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.eng.wapa.gov/Default.aspx?tabid=130
ExceptionGUID: f7153d60-e196-41a3-92f1-76cdb59b6a97
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
Message: Could not find file "E:\WebRoot\dnn2\Portals\0\bg-joo.jpg".
InnerException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "E:\WebRoot\dnn2\Portals\0\bg-joo.jpg". File name: "E:\WebRoot\dnn2\Portals\0\bg-joo.jpg" at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) at System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteFile(String filename, Boolean readIntoMemory) at System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteFile(String filename) at DotNetNuke.LinkClick.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
TargetSite:
StackTrace:
HelpLink:
Source:
0
housefly
6/21/2004 11:27:01 PM
This bug is already in the system and has been fixed.  It will be in the next release.
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
6/22/2004 4:42:02 AM
Is there a timetable for the next release?
0
vermont
6/22/2004 1:25:56 PM
Well heck,

Please, please, please make the patch available so I can make my users happy. I have 5 child domains and everyone uses the documents module.
By the way, a new release isn't always necessary. If patches are made available for bugs, product releases could be just milestone upgrades.
Patches should be made available on the DotNetNuke site.
Don't worry, I'm have no problem with patches. You folks are doing a great job!
0
housefly
6/22/2004 1:40:57 PM
That brings up another weird error.  I thought it was just me but perhaps there is a problem with the URL or LinkClick routines.

When I upgraded, I first noticed that by DNN containers for admin weren't showing up in my child domains. As a matter of fact they were pointing to Portals/0. I first tried to re-install the DNN containers as host, but then I simply copied the DNN container to Portals/0 and things seems to work. I figured it was a minor bug. The rest of the containers seem to work fine.
0
housefly
6/22/2004 1:58:49 PM
Can anyone post the fixes here?
0
housefly
6/22/2004 7:47:46 PM
Help!  Patch anyone?
0
housefly
6/23/2004 2:44:09 PM
Need.....fix......now......dying a slow......and painful......death........ahhhhhhhhhh!!
0
housefly
6/23/2004 3:27:49 PM
The squeaky wheel has been oiled!
0
housefly
6/25/2004 7:08:28 PM
May I ask how you fixed this problem?
0
tedblue
6/25/2004 9:16:14 PM
JWhite was kind enough to work with me to create a patch. My users and I have been bagging on my web site testing it, and so far it works!  The DNN Team may distribute the patch here soon, but if you need something sooner you may want to contact them.
0
housefly
6/25/2004 9:54:25 PM
Just found this thread . . .

I really need this "patch" also as my child portal users are screaming now also . . .
Any help would be appreciated!

Jonathan Merrill

CCA, MCP, NET+

www.gomerrill.com

0
milpo2717
10/15/2004 10:24:50 PM
Here's the link to the patch.
0
housefly
11/2/2004 4:27:30 PM
How is this patch installed. I tried it as a Custom Module and got some errors? Do I just copy the dotnetnuke.DLL file to my production instance of DNN?
Cliff
------
Million Dollar Memorial
0
chammock
12/2/2004 5:24:06 PM
yes, if you have no other core mods
Jeremy White
Webstone, LLC
My DNN Blog
0
jwhite
12/2/2004 6:08:25 PM
Thanks Jeremy. I got it up and running with no problem. I just discovered this problem last night for the first time. I was so glad to find a pertinent post, with a solution. This is a great community.

Have a great day!
Cliff
------
Million Dollar Memorial
0
chammock

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Link Link Link
geiler Link: http://tagestipps.info/fclick/fclick.php?12 ...

Documents Module
If I create a child portal 'B' (portal folder id of 2) to portal 'A' (portal folder id of 1) and then add an instance of the documents module to 'B' and then add a document. When I select the document name I get an error indicating that the document can't be found. The path shown is http://A/portals/1/document not the http://A/portals/2/document that is expected. If I select the download link I get taken to http://A/Default.aspx?tabid=22&def=errormessage (no content on the page). Everything works fine from parent portal. Problem is consistent on Win 2K Server and Win XP Pro for both 2...

Child or Tree Type links in the Links Module
Does anyone have an idea to make the links module have parent with child links below? Maybe similar to a treeview. Hope one of the guru's have something like this out there. Regards to all Bill Do you want these links based off of the tabs or just a set of links that can be made hierarchal? JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog A set of hierarchal links. Any ideas?...

DotNetNuke.com, duplicate links in link module
When I go to www.dotnetnuke.com, the links module on the home page has duplicate links ex. DnnResources Discussion Forum Etc. DnnResources Discussion Forum Etc. I'm using IE6 under WinXP sp2.Rick Hodderhttp://www.rickhodder.com...

Linkclick problem : Child Portal Announcements module file links point to portal 0 !!
Hi, it seems there something wrong in the linkclick.aspx.vb file, but I don't know where and how to fix ... This Linkclick file is used for example in the Annoucements module, but the File link tries to find the file in portal 0 instead of the correct child portal. What should be corrected ? thanks for your help JohannWebsite - Weblog You can finde patches on http://www.webstone.com/ Thanks, it works !Website - Weblog Do I have to recompile DNN for this to take effect. I added the new files to my site, as well as the DNN bin file. Site broke... OR do I just ...

Links Module? Also Ideas for a Links Module!
Is there a module out there already that allows visitors to submit a Link to the site with moderation / editing ability before the links become visible? This way people can submit a link and their requested link text however the admin would have the ability to validate the link, edit text if necessary etc. Secondarily, Ideas for a module would be if there was a function to validate a reciprocal link before displaying the outbound link? Thanks in advance, John WilsonThe biggest list of Haunted Tours & Places on the Web! Haunted-Tours.com The 2nd idea would seem a great function...

i am probably missing somethigng really simple. I started playing with dnn and was able to create a new skin as well as a new container but now i would like to reformat the links created by the links module. How can one control the output of the links module ?thanksMike Do it for links: a:link.Normal {   font-family: Tahoma, Verdana; font-size: 10pt;  color: rgb(51,153,255); }a:visited.Normal {   font-family: Tahoma, Verdana;  font-size: 10pt;  color: rgb(51,153,255); } a:active.Normal {   font-family: Tahoma, V...

Edit links in Links Module
Hi, How do I edit a link that I have created within the Links Module? I can see that I can change options like horizontal/vertical or I can edit the module, but what about changing the link? I woul like to be able to make the link open a new browser (_top) and not overwrite the current page, this is for external links. Many thanks Dan Click the pen icon to the left of the link. Right above the Update link, you can check the box "Show in new Window" and that will take care of it. Cheers Tom, I had preview turned on so didn't see the pen icon. Dan...

Link module
Using the link module, can I create a link to a folder which opens in explorer? Ta Sean Cross mailto:sean@picsprint.com Pics Print - The photo printing solution for Windows. http://www.picsprint.com http://www.Intuitex.com - Multimedia software for Windows You could try using the external link and only provide the path to the folder and set it to show in a new window. That should work. CheersPhilip Beadle (MVP, MCAD, MCT DotNetNuke Core Team) Didn't work :(Sean Cross mailto:sean@picsprint.com Pics Print - The photo printing solution for Windows. http://www.picsprint....

DNN2.1.2 Links Module File Link don't working
When I use a file link, I get a page not found error (the file IS there) the end of the URL contains &SID=1 for example (assumed to be the link sort order) When I remove the &SID=1 it works ????? Any advice - Thanks in advance...

Firefox links not working/ Mozilla 1.6 links working
Hi everyone: I am raising a site for French as Second Language and always suggest people use the Mozilla suite. I would like to suggest to people visiting my site to use the new Firefox but ... When I log in at the www.frenchasasecondlanguage.org site under mozilla I can access the "Tutoraux/Tutorials" section without any problems (this takes you to a different portion of the site where your login/password name is used automatically). However, if I use Firefox your are taken to the same place but the login/password is not automatically registered. Is there some...

Web resources about - Child Portal Document module links not working - bad link reference - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Wikipedia talk:Reference desk/Guidelines/Medical advice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I disagree with this implication that this section of the guideline represents the consensus. If you look at the last few years of discussion ...

Child sex abuse royal commission: Senior politician to be grilled over reference
A former deputy Premier will again take the stand on Tuesday to explain why he gave a positive job reference to a man he knew to have sexually ...

Way too many Nazi references in this Republican race
'Calming' Ben Carson, the soft-spoken former neurosurgeon who likes to invoke Hitler on the campaign trail, is suddenly leading the Republican ...

VA, reference pricing and the value of options
@hyperplanes eg, you can get free care at VA, or get a reimbursed at the reference price for care anywhere else. — Matthew Martin (@hyperplanes) ...

10 of the best movie references you’ll ever see in popular TV shows
I'm torn when it comes to breaking the fourth wall in TV shows . It can be a fun, clever way to connect with the audience, but it can also break ...

"As much as Poppy Bush scoffs at 'the D-word,' as he calls any reference to dynasty, the Bushes do consider ...
... re-defended myself: "Servants" seems like the right word for people who occupy the servants' quarters within a house, especially when the reference ...

The Flash: Easter Eggs and DC Comics References In "Gorilla Warfare"
Tonight's episode of The Flash was epic in scope...which often means fewer Easter eggs.Not [...]

The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit
The 5 Best Britney Spears References From Her 'Jane the Virgin' Visit

Virginia Mayor References Japanese Interment to Make Point About Syrian Refugees
Today, Roanoke, Va., mayor David Bowers acknowledged similarities between banning assistance to Syrian refugees based on their country of origin ...

Meet the Syrian-American Woman Jeb Bush References on the Campaign Trail
A Syrian-American who previously supported Bush now has some reservations.