Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users)

Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users)

or

Can we limit the features by default exposed to admin?  e.g. (File manager)

0
boxster

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

Can I block all e-mails coming into a user but only allow one account e-mail the user?
Not sure is possible, but I was asked by an administrator. Jon Street Network Administrator Greater Johnstown School District CNE, ASE, CCA, A+ 518-762-5972 I also need to block all outgoing from same user. I only want him to receive mail from only one user. Jon Street Network Administrator Greater Johnstown School District CNE, ASE, CCA, A+ 518-762-5972 On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:20:03 +0000, Jon Street wrote: > Not sure is possible, but I was asked by an administrator. You can block incoming and/or outgoing Internet messages for a user by using the class of service ...

Users Managing Users
I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups, allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.  Each Distributor managing their own group of users. I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.? For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)Bill KnausBlog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/Website: http://billknaus.com/ Check out WorkControl-UserManager http://www.workcontrol.com/Products/Use...

Extending role, personalization and membership features when a user can assume multiple roles
I have a tracking project to work on and I intend to use VWDE for it.The salient features of the system is that a user can be a participant in multiple projects and he can assume different roles in different projects. He can, for example be an analyst in one project, a project manager in another and yet again, a tester in another one. Now, depending on what role he is in a project, he will be granted the appropriate privileges. For example, as a Project Manager, he can track the progress and view and approve documents submitted by members of his project team, but as an analyst, he can just s...

Manage Users
Hello, I would like to manage all available users with their custom profile datas, eg. firstname. I can get the profile datas of the logged-in user (VB code: txtBoxFirstName.Text = Profile.FirstName) but how can I list all the not-logged-in users with their usual datas (eg. e-mail address) and their profile datas? Thank you in advance   Because of performance issues I don't recommend you to use the Profile if you need to list all users’ properties on a single page. But if you only have a few users, then it's fine ;) To get the profile for all users you can for examp...

New User Registration Module, but what about "User Manager" in admin?
If I decide to write my own user login/register module, I will still have the problem that the User Manager in the Administration area ("Admin" menu), will have no clue about these new extra fields that I want to add. Can I manage this in any other way that to change the core (which I would try to avoid). I guess Personalization won't save me here or will it? /Patrik Johansson Come to think of it, this was probably a very stupid question as the "User Accounts" in the Admin area most likely use the exact same module as the one used by ordinary users to create new acco...

Admin user can't add users to distribution list
Running 8.0.1 HP1 Created a distribution list, assigned a user to be administrator. I can add the users though C1 and they show up and remain in the list but the user can't from the client. That user can't add other users, when they go into the details of the list the "add" is active, they can select users to add but once added and select ok, new users appear but when closed out and gone back into, the new users don't appear. Mrae, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and h...

Can I hide admin pages from internet users and expose them only to intranet users?
We would like to prevent all potential access to admin functionality from the internet due to internal security policies. We obviously neeed to provide admin access to admin/hosts from the intranet, is there a way we can accomplish this?  We had some thoughts but didn't know if any of them were feasible. 1) create two instances of DNN, one internal using one LDAP server and one internal using another2) somehow configure IIS to reject requests not coming from specific IP addresses3) somehow provide access to these pages via a dedicated login on the web server itselfWill any of these...

admin role to manage users in dynamic groups
Is this possible? Want to create an iManager role/task which will allow a helpdesk person edit an attribute(e.g. telephone number) of users who are members of a dynamic group. I guess it would need a scope for the role to be a dynamic group rather than an OU which I presume is not possible. Or is there another say by using eGuide? Mark, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a s...

Sharing of the manage user function in admin panel.
hi all, I'm new in the forum. I have just downloaded the Classifieds starter kit from asp.net.I found aproblem with this starter kit that do not have a membership control function in the administration.Therefore, I maded a simple code for this feature. I don't know if anyone have make this similar code before, but hope that's useful for all developers. The following code I maded in VB, so before you create the .aspx file, please choose VB for that. 1 Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load 2 If Not IsPostBack...

Existing admin pages for user and role management
Hi, I need to build create/edit/delete users and manage roles pages for the users for the administrator of my application. so, can I make use of the pages that are existing in Web Administrative tool? If so, how do I do that? If not, can I atlease use the existing methods and where should I find the methods for these functionalities. Thanks, ksoft You have to create your own pages to perform this fuction; however, take a look at this MSDN article http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/asp2memroleman.asp which is written by Peter Keller....

Create a class library to manage users Profile (to be used on user admin page)
Hi All... I am very perplexed.I have a working set of code that was deployed via the App_Code directory. I am now trying to convert this code into a class library for reuse purposes. The issue is that in the class library, I cannot find a way to reference the ProfileCommon object.A short piece of the former code looks like this:Dim prof As ProfileCommon prof = ProfileBase.Create(Username, True) prof.DefaultCustCode = DefCustCode prof.CompanyName = CompName prof.Name = Name prof.Save   The problem is, this no longer works:  I get an error "profilecommon is not define...

Users in user scope can't see shared scope personalizations
Hi I'm trying to figure out how scopes are implemented in the webparts framework. I have installed the wingtip portal sample (http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/05/09/WebParts/)He uses a fileBasedPersonalizationProvider.When a user in the shared scope adds a webpart to one of the zones, a new binary file named "allusers" is added. When a user logs in, in user scope,  he does not load the "allusers" data, and can not see the shared added webpart.The same happens when I use the default (SQL) personalization provider. What I try to achieve is:1. Bob logs in, switch to shared scope...

DLU, "user management", user login and user source
I see I can disable the ZCM user login as discussed in the following documentation: 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bebfrq5.html) If I choose to disable the "user management" on the Agent, does that do the same thing? With User Management disabled, what else does that prevent? I am not assigning ANY bundles or policies to users - only to workstations. I do have a dynamic local user (dlu) policy assigned to workstations so I must have "User Source&quo...

User Management not dispalying users
When attempting to do an advanced search for users under User Management in the iFolder Management web interface, I am unable to find any users to configure. The context has been set in the Global Settings. The server is running NW 6.5 SP5. LDAP looks like it is configured correctly and I have it setup to use ports 389 and 636 (went with defaults during the install). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search working? Chris Chris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has ...

Managing users
Hi! Can someone tell me, I don´t get this with authorized and unauthorized users. When I´m registering users manualy, I mark the checkbox for them as authorized users, but when I click on the linkbutton "Unauthorized" in the users list, all of the authorized users show up as if they were unauthorized, but the userlist gives the value "True" under the Authorized column. Have i missed something? Hi Pehu, No, you haven't missed anything. With the current design of the code this will happen until the user logs in for the first time as a ne...

allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc
Hi Hi All Im looking for a solution which will allow registered users of a site, to create new users and manage their roles and passwords etc, so that the registered primary user becomes an administrator for the other users they create.   In short, I am not good enough to create this my self, so if anyone knows of an off the shelf solution that  exists, or what this type of thing is know as so I can find it via a web search, I’d be most grateful as I’m not having much luck so far   Thanks   odxsigma   Hello yes , there is somethi...

Local user can't check Users.IsInRole("Admin")
Hi - I have an intranet app, which uses Windows Authentication to control access. If I setup myself, mydomain\mtait and grant access then I can access ok from a remote PC logged onto my intranet site. However, if I logonto the server, using Remote Desktop Connection, and am logged on as local user MYSERVER\admin although I setup the users profile, and granted Admin access, when I try to view a page locally, and check the Users.IsInRole("Admin") an error is thrown (see below). Can anyone help explain why this may be happening?  If I take away the line to check Users.IsInRole...

Manage Users and Roles with Web Admin Tool and IIS7
Hi,I just know that Managing User and Roles online with Web Admin Tool ( WAT) has become more simpler with VS2008 and IIS7.Previously VS2005 and VWD2005 had limitations and WAT was working in Local Situation only, and developers had to work around to get int work on remote host.Asp.Net has simplified this procedure with an Inbuilt tool with VS2008 and VWD2008 along with IIS7.Windows Vista and IIS7 have been around for more than one year, but still i have not come across and Blog or Tutorial that explains this.I would like to know how can i take the advantage of Managing Users and Roles Onlin...

Few questions about making role andd users admin manager
Hi ,I am making role and users admin manager and i wonder how can i do some things that can be done in the admin tool.1) get the users list by first letter.2) get only users that are approved.3) what is the right way to show users details combine with their profile data in a gridview to manage their data.4) can i use the web admin tool code ?Thanks Softy...

Managing Admin Users and Delegated Admins
Managing Admin Users and Delegated Admins By default, admin user is created in o=novell container. If we want to create multiple admin users and delegated admin users in which container we should create ? I am asking this question because, as per documentation the following will not be backed up. - Admin user account and password - Delegated administrator accounts, their passwords, or rights - Role Based Services (RBS) configuration - Modified configuration files on the devices such as the web.xml file - Local files installed on devices such as touch files or log...

Can't add users with a user i created even though it has equal to admin rights
I made a user with my name and made it equal to admin. If i try to create a user it says i don't have add rights. what the heck is wrong in novell 5x when i did the same i automatically can create users with admin rights user. why? Bill Perrotta Well, security equivalences are not really a recommended way to assign rights as they tend to obfuscate the rights situation. Better assign the rights directly to the user or make him member of a special admin group that has the rights. I wonder if in this case, the admin may hasn't got the rights himself, but through memeber...

Web resources about - Can we share admin features with other user roles? e.g. (manage users) - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Feature - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vimeo for iOS gains picture-in-picture video playback, new discovery features, more
Vimeo is out with a new version of its iOS app today that adds support for iOS 9 features, improves content discovery, makes video sharing faster, ...

Businessweek Features DJ Khaled
Businessweek’s latest cover features DJ Khaled . Once upon a time, Khaled was known for his work as a producer and yes, a DJ. No more. He’s now ...

The Perfect Agile Tool – 12 Key Features
... tool vendors to “bless” their products. Here is what I am looking for before I will consider an outright endorsement of such a tool. Features ...

‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Blu-ray release date announced, bonus features revealed
Disney finally announced on Thursday that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be available to purchase on Blu-ray and DVD on April 5th and digitally ...

Uber is testing a new feature that will show customers in London how much they could save by sharing ...
Some Uber customers in London will see a new feature in the app on Thursday afternoon — it's going to show a fare estimate before you book a ...

IDG Contributor Network: Slack adds major new voice-calling feature, more perks on the way
The work collaboration app Slack just got a little more useful . Just today, the company started to roll-out of a new voice calling feature ...

Rumors of a super-slim iPhone 7 plus our list of most-wanted features on The CultCast
This week on The CultCast: rumors point to an insanely thin iPhone 7, but what about battery life? Plus: our list of most-wanted iPhone 7 features; ...

'Ghostbusters' Trailer Features Badass Ladies, Hunky Chris Hemsworth, and...a Slimer Cameo!
'Ghostbusters' Trailer Features Badass Ladies, Hunky Chris Hemsworth, and...a Slimer Cameo!

Apple's iOS 9.3 Provides Enterprises With More MDM Features
... over employees' devices; the attorney general explains why Apple should crack iPhone; Google for Work users gain data loss prevention features ...