Can't see the 'Move Up', 'Move Down', Move to Top' etc. Module Menu items.

Hey all:

I've just started finally putting my first website together. But I've noticed something strange. When I'm on the Admin or Host menu, the module menus show the 'move up' move down', move top', etc menu items. However, *none* of my other tabs with multiple modules in a pane show any way of moving the module up or down. It's very disconcerting, because once I place a module, I have no way of moving it up or down, like I normally could. I *can* move it from pane to pane, if the skin for that tab is a multi-pane skin. But I can't move a module up or down.
Also, I added an Event module. Well, I added an Event, which looked almost fine the first time I added it. Then I went to 'Edit' the event. Um, no dice. There was no item in the module menu for 'Edit Event'. I could only 'Add Event'. What's up with this? Has anyone else had this problem? I've even switched to containers that come with dnn, and I still have the same issues.
I'm really worried that maybe I've corrupted my MSSQL database (though I've checked it, and it looks fine), or that I've done something terribly wrong. I am *so* close to finishing a web site, but these two issues (that of not being able to move up or down a module in a multi-module pane, and not being able to Edit Events I've already added) could be a show stopper for my friend/client...
Many thanks in advance for any comments on your experiences with this issue.
0
aaava

Ok. It gets stranger.  Now the 'Move up', 'Move Down', 'Move Top', etc show up, but they don't work.  If I try to move a module to the bottom, it just ignores it.  I have both mozilla and IE open just to check if this is a cache issue or not.  It doesn't seem to be.

I understand it's Labor Day eve, but hopefully tomorrow someone can straighten me out on this strange phenomena. The big selling point (took about two minutes) of showing this friend of mine dotnetnuke, was when I showed him how easy it was to create content, add modules to different panes, and move them up and down. That big 'selling point' is no longer working, and for the life of me, I can't figure out why.
In a one pane home page, I have only a center pane. All three modules on the pane are viewable by Admins and All Users, and editable by Admins (I noticed that there were issues if the Viewable by users list box was left blank). They are all located on the Center pane. The top module has a move down, move bottom, the middle has a Move Up, Move Top, Move Down, Move Bottom, and the bottom module has a Move Up and Move Top module menu items.
But when I press them, they don't move any of the modules. *Ack*.
0
aaava
9/7/2004 2:13:05 AM
These are just the simple things that come to mind......

Delete your cookies and your temp. files.
Make sure none of the modules are "Displayed on all tabs"
Delete any unused or deleted modules from your recycle bin.
If anything else comes to mind I'll be back.
Icthus Technologies

Building Faith on the Internet
0
IcthusTech
9/7/2004 3:09:54 AM
Aha. Ich.  One of the modules is set to 'display on all tabs'.  What does this mean?  Should I not use this feature?  I think you've found the problem, but I'm not sure why it's happening.  If it's as simple as 'don't use display on all tabs', then I guess I'll remove that, but it's an awful nice feature to have, especially for the amazon and paypal links and feedback type modules...

Many thanks in advance...
0
aaava
9/7/2004 3:31:55 PM
When using the "Display on all tabs" function you can't pick where it will be displayed in the pane. From my experience, it always shows on the "top" of the pane. I have stoped using that feature and have gone to the shadow module from webstone when I want to share content between tabs.
Icthus Technologies

Building Faith on the Internet
0
IcthusTech
9/7/2004 7:56:33 PM
Ah. Thanks Ich.  I'll check it out...
0
aaava
9/8/2004 2:39:57 PM

I've just upgraded from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1, all seemed to go smoothly, however it has just come to my attention that none of the Move... options from the Module Menu are working.

I have cleared cookies & temp files, made sure no modules are set to display on all pages (only 1 page has any modules on), but still any of the Move... options does nothing at all, as if it was not clicked.

Anyone got any other bright ideas?

0
TechAde
12/8/2005 12:57:14 PM

Please see the comments posted on this Gemini issue.  It contians the code having the issue and offers the fix.

If you don't want to recompile the core you can still re-arrange your modules via the drag-n-drop functionality (if that helps).

DotNetNuke WebControls
0
jhenning
12/8/2005 7:47:38 PM

Many thanks Jon,

"or you can update the SolPartActions.ascx.vb ProcessNodes function to default all node’s clickaction to Postback.

objParent.ClickAction = eClickAction.PostBack"

That seems to have fixed it for me.

I simply added the line to the bottom of the current ProcessNodes function, is that correct?

0
TechAde
12/12/2005 10:32:03 AM

That will work, but the "best" answer is to update the Navigation.vb file found in the Components\Tabs folder and find line 422 and change it to what I posted in Gemini

If objAction.UseActionEvent = False Then

should read

If objAction.UseActionEvent = False AndAlso Len(objNode.NavigateURL) > 0 Then

Sorry for the confusion.

DotNetNuke WebControls
0
jhenning
12/13/2005 2:52:49 PM

Many thanks again Jon.

I don't have a Tabs folder in Components, only a ResourceInstaller folder. That probably means something significant, but I'm afraid I don't know what. I'm using VWD Express btw.

0
TechAde
12/13/2005 3:18:40 PM

If your using DNN 4 then the file is found under Library\Components\Tabs

DotNetNuke WebControls
0
jhenning
12/13/2005 3:37:02 PM

No Tabs folder there with DNN 4.0.1 Starter Kit release.

What can we do to correct the code then?

DNN skins Forum
Tressleworks modules
DNN & webhosting
IEWCtrls
0
Bill2clone

''''''''''''''''''''

'''''

'do' won't 'do' if '/'

'''

Firefox UI menus idea: move 'Page Info' from 'Tools' to 'View' menu
In the theme of the "De-cluttering & improving Fx's interface" thread at http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_frm/thread/6a53e16ed307f8f2 I had this idea for one little change I think should be made to the Firefox menus (as seen in FF 1.5.0.4): Move the 'Page Info' entry from the 'Tools' menu to the 'View' menu, below and next to the 'Page Source' entry. Why? Because that would group two current-page-related functions together. In fact, these two functions are already grouped together on the right-click...

Firefox UI menus idea: move 'Page Info' from 'Tools' to 'View' menu
Hello, I offer my apologies in advance for cross-posting, however I think I should have posted this message here first, and don't want to require anyone to seek out the other post. (For the curious, that short thread with 1 reply from someone agreeing with the idea is archived here: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_thread/thread/2f45895725d58411/ ) My message: --- In the theme of the "De-cluttering & improving Fx's interface" thread at: http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.apps.firefox/browse_frm/thread/6a53e16ed307f8f2 ...

'IN' Clause or 'OR'
Hello, [1]: select * from TABLEA where COL1 IN('value1','value2''valu3'....) [2]:select * from TABLEA where COL1 = 'value1' OR COL1= 'value2' OR COL1='valu3'. TABLEA is a huge table and it has non-clustered index on COL1. Among the above 2 queries, which query will give me the better performance or fast response and WHY? What is the difference between 'IN' and 'OR' clauses as for as Sybase Optimization is concerned. Which is the better one to be used on huge tables. Thanks. Mac An IN list is treated ...

'b'..'a'

'or' or 'union'

'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' can not be opened.
hello, my colleague have developed an application under c++ builder 5. so now i should undertake it and optimize it. last days i have installed the C++ Builder 2010 testversion to get some experience on it, because i have not used it before. when i try to compile the old project in C++ builder 2010, comes some Compile errors. Also, there are some Includes like 'NMDayTim', 'Psock' , 'NMTime' , 'NMFtp' in this old Project. they can be found and compiled in the old c++ Builder 5. but not in c++ builder 2010. so i want to know do i solve this problem or go...

EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''
What does the following SQL code mean?  EXEC sp_msforeachtable 'sp_spaceused ''?'''Johan TheunissenMCPD, MCSE, MCTS BizTalk 2006==============================Please mark the most helpful reply/replies as "Answer". JohanNL:sp_msforeachtable This is the name of the SP that resides in the master database.  This SP executes one or more commands for a table. JohanNL:sp_spaceused This is the command that you want to run for each of the tables residing in your current database.  As you might have understood so far, that this is again a...

'Value' should be between 'minimum' and 'maximum'.
I'm attempting to invoke with parameters:  Dim thing2 As New mydelsubPBStep(AddressOf pbStep) Me.Invoke(thing2, "setMax", dt.Rows.Count)      <---- this is where the error occurs   the delegate looks like this: Private Delegate Sub mydelsubPBStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer)   the function it's calling looks like this:Private Sub pbStep(ByVal mode As String, ByVal value As Integer) Select Case mode.ToLower Case "clear" ProgressBar1.Value = 0 Case "step" ProgressBar1.PerformStep() L...

Web resources about - Can't see the 'Move Up', 'Move Down', Move to Top' etc. Module Menu items. - asp.net.dotnetnuke