authentication mode="Forms" error

Hi I am getting the following error:

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 256:			below and uncomment the Windows Authentication stuff.
Line 257:		-->
Line 258:		<authentication mode="Forms">
Line 259:			<forms name=".CommunityServer" protection="All" timeout="60" loginUrl="login.aspx" />
Line 260:		</authentication>

Source File: c:\ehostingbiz aspnet\yama\communityserver\web.config    Line: 258

Can you help me out here please? It works on my server but when I deploy it it does not. Is there a special configuration I need to perform?

Thanks,

~yamazed

0
yamazed

<authentication mode="Forms">forms name=".AUTHCOOKIE"
Hi there, I used authentication mode="Forms" with AUTHCOOKIE. my web.config looks like this <system.web> <authentication mode="Forms"><forms name=".AUTHCOOKIE" loginUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" /> </authentication><machineKey  validationKey="AutoGenerate" decryptionKey="AutoGenerate" validation="SHA1" /><authorization> <deny users="?" /> </authorization>   </system.web>    So far so good, but ... I have a f...

authentication mode="Forms" Error Message
I have created a web site with VWD and uploaded to a hosting site.  When I try to open the default.aspx page with a web browser I get this error message:Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused...

<authentication mode="Forms"> error
Hi all,  I have rfecently started using visual web developer 2005. I have started with to develop my site to learn alot more .net. I have downloaded the sample website and uploaeded to my server space. but I keep getting an error on the web.config file Line 10: <customErrors mode="Off"/> Line 11: <compilation debug="true"/> Line 12: <authentication mode="Forms"> Line 13: <forms loginUrl="Default.aspx" protection="Validation" timeout="300" /> Line 14: </authentica...

<credentials passwordFormat="SHA1" > in Authentication Mode="forms"
Hi there, I need to use credentials Tag but it shows that 'credentials is an invalid child name in Authentication mode.I could not find answer using google.It doesn't look to be any namespace problem. Please Help......... The code are as below. <authentication mode="Forms">        <forms loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="Validation" cookieless="AutoDetect" timeout="30"/>           <credentials passwordFormat="SHA1" &...

<authentication mode="Forms"> error when uploaded to server
Does anyone know how to work around this error (see below)?  Everytime I upload an application to my web server I get this msg.   Locally it works perfectly.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Suggestions?  TIA    Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section re...

Error on <authentication mode="Forms" /> , While deploying prcomplied website
Background Site connects to online sql server. While creating new site Location used HTTP. Site is precomplied to saparate folder and that folder is uploaded via saparate FTP client to online ============================================================================================  Tried to find answer on forum, but all other people getting this error when site is local Site is working fine locally ============================================================================================ Server Error in '/' Application. Configuration Error Description: An error occurr...

authentication mode="Forms" ?
Hi If I use <authentication mode="Forms"> <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx" timeout="480" /> </authentication> with my ASP.net app, then user is forced automatically to login through login.aspx page only. Which is actaully very good for applications. BUt, there are some pages, for which I dont want user to login like help, faq, customer service etc. Such kind of pages are available should be available for all types of users. So, how can I exclude such pages from Form authentication? Please advice. Thanks Pankaj Add...

Forms Authentication in Subfolder: "It is an error to use a section..." Error
Background: I develop using VS2005 on my office PC, and edit our web pages that exist on a development server (Win2003).  I open the site to edit by using File > Open > Web Site > Remote Site > http://testserver/mysite.  Our web site's root folder is defined as an application, and the web.config is located in the root.  It is now the only web.config file on the site.  I have added a subfolder two levels down from the root that contains asp.net 2.0 pages that will use Forms authentication.  Because of errors I was getting putting the aut...

Error on <form enctype="multipart/form-data" runat="server">
Hi to all... i have this problem which occured when i was uploading a picture into the SQL 2000. i am using VB script and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005... the error on"<pages enableEventValidation="true"/>"... can anyone help me??  i am using a master template for my webpage... everything work jus fine before i insert this "<form enctype="multipart/form-data" runat="server">" at the top of the page after "<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server&...

Using "Windows" authentication to authenticate BUT "Forms" to maintain the user's session?
Is there a way to do this?Basically I want to ensure and pick up users who are already authenticated via AD but use Forms Authentication under the covers once they've been authenticated.  Ideally I'd like to roll this into a custom membership provider so that both internal users (who will have already logged into their machines and been authenticated via AD) and outside users (who will need to use a login control provided on a page) both can have their sessions as maintained in the same way ... AND be associated and use a common roles and profile provider.Any help would be appre...

authentication mode="Windows" error???
i consumed this service in my PC with no error, but after uploading it to the hosting server or my friends PC, i can't consume it, the error is this---> ............................................................................... Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. ...

authentication mode="Forms" Problem
Hello,I've a big Problem.I've a protected site. Each user have to login before using the site.So, I'm using authentication mode="Forms" to secure my page. After login in, i redirect to a frameset (frame.html) und display a menu, a header and an empty html page.My problem is that one user can't login. After logging in he will be forwarded to the loginpage again. On monday it works without problems.The problem is not the user account, because I can login in, too.Does anyone know something about? Attachted you can find my web.configThanks a lot <conf...

Error during method "CreateMailMessage" from "MailDefinition" object
 Hi, I am having trouble to send E-mail when using maildefinition object. I need to read email body from external txt file, then do some replacements and send it. Only way (what i know - instead of writing my own code), how to get the text  to the body of MailMessage is using the MailDefinition method BodyFileName() When I set everythig up after atempt to send the email I get this error: "The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address." I am sure, that the adress i right(it' even valiated throug regularexpretion validator).  Does any b...

Web resources about - authentication mode="Forms" error - asp.net.dotnetnuke