An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. #2

Why I recever this error, I'm loged with Host

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.
0
josauro

Do you have Read/Write/Change access rights to the DotNetNuke directories?

Providers\DataProviders\AccessDataProvider and
Providers\DataProviders\SQLDataProvider: SQL Script logs are written here
Bruce F. Gagliolo Jr.
Information Technology Consultant

The future starts today, not tomorrow. - Pope John Paul II
0
bfgagliolo
9/14/2004 6:22:24 PM
Yes  it's a local instalation, where is de log files ?
0
josauro
9/14/2004 6:40:13 PM
Make certain that read/write/change permissions are assigned to 'Drive:\ YourDir\Portals\_default\Logs '
~Chris

Net Data Design
706Horsman.us
0
cjsmitty
9/14/2004 6:55:09 PM
Yes it's the problem have somethings read only I'm try to make write permission

Thanks..
0
josauro

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.
I have moved my site to a new server but I am getting the following message.An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.I have the ASP.NET user having FULL Permissions on every file/folder in the site.  But I'm noticing some files get set to Read-Only.  I reset every file to Read/Write and within a hour something is set back to read only.  ...

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.
Oups I have this message .... When I upload my portal .... What can I do ?Jerome FORTIAS on SAP Microsoft Web & Integration Consultant http://portal.go4consulting.net (powered by DNN) Make certain that the directory to which the application resides has the proper permissions (ie: Win2K = ASPNET, Win2K3 = NETWORK SERVICE). For easy of setup these objects should have full control of the directory.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us I dont know but my hosting company confirmed to me that's my host plan includes a .net supportJerome FORTIAS on SAP Microsoft Web & Integration Consul...

Help! An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY.
I got this message with no more information which can help me to continue to trace. I know this is from http://localhost/DotNetNuke/components/Exceptions/XMLExceptionPublishervb.vb and Catch exc As UnauthorizedAccessException. I don't know which file is accidently set to READ ONLY due Host site and Loacl Machine download/upload transmission. Somebody can help me there? Please Willi, the file in question is in portals/_default/logs/ The message is referring to not being able to write out the exception. You will need to set the file permissions on the entire folder that DNN reside...

An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. #3
Help, I rebuild sigama pro-2.0 , then it goes the error: An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. Then I install DNN 2.1.2 clean, the error still there. Anybody, Help!...

IDM3
Hi everybody, every once on a while, I get remoteloader error messages "Cannot write to = log file: Unable to open log file" on our domino server. Domino server = locks subsequently and needs to be restarted. Just restarting remotelader = services does not help. Anyone else seen this? Ideas? (Environment: IDM3 onOES Linux, Domino 6.5 on Win2k, 6 drivers instances) Thanke, Lothar We had similar problems and fixed them by putting the RemoteLoader on a seperate machine and just let NDSREP run on the domino server. I got the hint from Terry Nuffer and he has posted ...

Error writing to exception log
I am getting the following error: An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. Where is the location of the exception log. I am currently being hosted by a host company and I have set read-write permissions to everything I can. Please advise so I can tell them exactly what directory needs read-write permissions. Thanks to all who reply in kind, the cat In your DNN folder; Portals/_default/Logs/GMSS DNN Hey thanks for the help so far. I really want to get ...

DNN 2 Beta 2 Problem -> "An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The directory was not found"
Hi guys, Yesterday I installed DNN 2 Beta 2 no problems. All was working fine and I had no problems. Today when I started my machine and ran it locally above the header I get the following error text repeated: "An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The directory was not found.An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The directory was not found.An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The directory was not found." The webpage shows the header including the menu, but nothing below that its blank. When I click the "login" lin...

Log files not logging
I have been given responsiblity for running our BorderManager 3.6 system. The server is no longer doing any logging. The last log file is dated August 13 2004. I just took this over. It is BM 3.6. Does anyone have any ideas where to look? Thanks Scott The administration of the log files is located in NWAdmin - select the Bordermanager Setup Tab - highlight HTTP Proxy - click on details - there is a Logging tab there that will tell you where the files are located and for how long, etc. Somtimes I have to go in and clean the logfiles out of the volume - if the volume ...

Re: "cannot write to log file: unable to open log file"
in the meantime i opened a support call with novell, where i got the information this would be a well known problem regarding a conflict in writing to log.nsf. there are two ways to handle this: 1. install remote loader on a system with notes client and communicating with the domino-server through that client (as in installation guide). 2. reconfiguring domino-server to use another notes.ini we did neither want to set up another system for every of our 60 notes-drivers nor move away from domino-standard that far. our solution is to forbid ndriver.id to write anything to the log...

Transaction Log Files/Virtual Log Files
I am wanting to reduce the amount of Virtual Log Files I have. In reading through the Online Book Documentation, I realize that I have forgotten to move the Transaction Log Files to a different drive. Now that the server is in production, I wanted to get some input about the best way of making this change. Can I just change the directory the log files are being written to in the DB properties without having any adverse problems occurring?Willhttp://www.strohlsitedesign.com/http://www.WillStrohl.com/ changing the logfile location is probably going to require to to get single user acc...

GWCheck log files in log directory
Hello, It is reported that I have 313 files in my log directory. Can someone tell me what directory this is because I can not find the files. I would like to delete them. Thanks for your help. Charles Choskins, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the following options: - Do a search of our knowledgebase at http://support.novell.com/search/kb_index.jsp - Check all of the other support tools and optio...

Rename transaction log
Hi all, We are experiencing a situation with a consolidated database (Sybase 5.5.04 Build 1916), we are running dbremote (Build 1912) and when this is run with a -x (rename transaction log) we receive a message "error writing to log file". When we turn the -x off it runs a treat. Prior to this dbremote was running without a problem for over a year. Has anyone experienced this before ? Will the old transaction logs clear down even if the -x is no longer on ? Any help much appreciated. Cheers, Ach I just ran dbremote using 5505 with the -x switch with no proble...

Exception Logging logs error with file path from the machine where application got built.
Hi, I am facing one strange issue. I have built my ASP.NET web application using Nant automated build process which inturn uses MSBuild.exe. I am using exception and logging EABs in my application to log an exception. Now in case of any exception logs get created with path of the file from exception was caught. But this does not log the file path from deployment server instead it logs the file path from where I generated automated build. I confirmed that the logged file path does not exist on deployment server. Did any one face this issue earlier? Please let me know any solution on this....

No more to delete Log file and start it with new log file
Hi we are running Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0. But, Since April , we can not backup them, selecting the option(:Starting DB with new Log file). After back up the DB(about 3 GB), Log(about 1.9GB) and then it says "Waiting for transations to complete..", Waiting for transations to complete.."... How can we start DB with new Log file? any other solutions? Thank you for your help: ======== chungih1@paran.com You may want to send this to one of the IAnywhere newsgroups and not EAServer. -Kevin "I.H.Chung" <chungih1@paran.com> wrote in me...

Web resources about - An error has occurred writing to the exception log. The permissions are not set properly on the log file or directory, or the log file has been marked as READ-ONLY. #2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Permission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Facebook Fixing Vulnerability That Would Prohibit Users From Revoking App Permissions
Facebook is working to remedy a vulnerability discovered by application security provider MyPermissions , which blocks users of the social network ...

Dwight Murphy - Ok, I now have permission to share the... - Facebook
Ok, I now have permission to share the news about Bowe Bergdahl..This in 2 emails... Here it is in Bob Bergdahls words to me! (1) You guys rock! ...

How-To: Handle Revoked Auth Permissions
This how-to document will help developers check a user's permissions and prompt that user for any missing permissions.

Facebook gives users more options for login, app permissions
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s new mantra of “Move fast with stable infra,” might not be as sexy as “ Move fast and break things ,” but it reflects ...

Arafat's widow grants permission for Swiss lab to test poisoning theory
The Palestinian Authority also approved the probe, which was requested by Palestinian president Mahmoud Abbas after a media investigation found ...

Michael Daniel Henderson who killed three teenagers in a smash denied permission to appeal
A driver who killed three teenagers in a hit-and-run smash in southeast Queensland has been refused permission to appeal his 10-year sentence. ...

CSIRO moves toward industrial action: seeks Fair Work permission for protected action ballot
CSIRO's new chief executive Larry Marshall could soon be faced with disruptive staff.