All tables where deleted

I have been setting up DNN portals on my companys server.  I had a company site and a local boy scouts site. I had worked on these site for the last week, did not do a backup yet.  I am running DNN 3.1.1.
Saturday I added SimpleChat_V3 and Gallery modules.  The DNN Gallery beta did not install.  I add SimpleChat to my contacts page. Played with different page positions. This was going good then I got 'page cannot be displayed'.  Monday morning I am looking at my DotNetNuke database and I only see system tables. All dnn user tables have been dropped! I can see the dnn stored procedures.

I had time this spring to try DNN. But when I looked at my test site last week, it was broken.  Not noly were the dnn tables missing - the whole DotNetNuke Database was gone.  The dnnuser was still there.

Is this a SQL inject issue?
Where can I read on DNN security?
0
DavidKirchner

I'm sure it was not a SQL Injection issue.  All calls to the DB use stored procs and do not build dynamic sql that I know of.

I would see if you can get a copy of the transaction logs for your sql server to find out when it happened, and what use to start narrowing it down that way.

You might also check to make sure that the user you are connecting to the DB with is also the user that may have created the tables in the DB.
Just a guess, and you might already know this, but it might be that the tables are still there, but not accessible by the user that you arelooking in the DB with.

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch
9/26/2005 5:40:04 PM
I used Enterise Manager as Administrator to view the tables - and notice only system tabes where there. I saw the all tables this way the day before,  just poking around.
Then I used Delete and then Create new Database in Enterise Manager. So the log is gone.

 I wiped out the root directory and copied in 3.1.1, but the install never kicked in- error message like wrong version and cannot exec stored procedure. Stoping and restarting IIS each time. I overwrote root with the older 3.0.12 version, then overwrote with 3.1.1 and the install finally ran.
  Admin login gave error about ASP version- I ran the ASPnet_regIIS -c and that worked. ( wierd because i ran that a week ago to make 3.1.1 work the first time, why did the .Net Framework need to be registered again ?)
   I have not found documentation for security settings for the SQL dnn user.  I have been using dnn as Owner since the default Private did not work.

I have a backup routine initated. I will try to save the transaction log if this happens again.
0
DavidKirchner
9/26/2005 8:05:27 PM
Thanks for the update David. Let us know if you find out anything else.

You shouldn't have had to re-register asp.net, all I can think of there is that it restarted your webserver when you did that, but you did say you had done that at one point.  Uploading 3.0.12 over your old app would have restarted it too.  What I usually do is just make a small change to Web.config so the app recycles, I rarely ever eed to restart IIS.

the DB user should have dbo or at the very least "create objects" authority.
John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch

Deleting the master table withour deleting the child tables
Hi i have to delete the master table data without deleting the child table records,is there any solution for this,  parent table has relation with the child table. regards vinod.t.vSoftware EngineerUshustechTechnoparkTrivandrum India You need to temporarily disable constraints on the table. Disable constraints: ALTER TABLE MyTable NOCHECK CONSTRAINT ALL Enable constraints: ALTER TABLE MyTable CHECK CONSTRAINT ALL    If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you! Thanks johram i can try this solution, this is usefullSoftware Enginee...

Delete row and delete from table
Hi I need, after delete a grid row, execute a delete statmentProtected Sub GridView1_RowCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowCommand Dim advogado As StringIf (e.CommandName = "Apagar") Thenadvogado = RTrim(e.CommandArgument.ToString)Apaga_Processos(advogado)End Ifend subPrivate Sub Apaga_Processos(ByVal advogado As String)Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim comm As SqlCommandDim connectionString As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("mssql2.tuganet.com").ConnectionStringconn = New Sql...

Problem with Entity Model after deleteing table: cannot delete in Store, there can't add same table again
Moved by moderator XIII: This question's more related to the designer of Visual Studio 2008. Questions about Entity Framework itself should be posted into the Data Access forum:  Hi,  I am having a problem creating an Entity Data Model using Visual Studio 2008. To reproduce... Create a new data model. Added some tables by selecting Update Model from Database. Look in the Model Browser, tables are added under Entity Types. Delete one of the tables, the table is gone from Entity Types but is still in the Model Store under Tables/Views Now, when I select Update Mo...

Problem Deleting Database Table with VS.Net Professional
Have recently installed Visual Studio.Net 2002 Professional, Having trouble deleting a database table I've created, - named (MYPubs) with VS.Net 2002 When I select Sever Explorer in Visual Studio.Net 2002 and highLight the Database Table Named (MyPubs). I can't seem to delete it. It will not delete for me. I have successfully deleted the (MyPubs) Table files in the (MicroSoft SQL Server Folder). But when I Open up Visual Studio.Net & go to Server Explorer & DataConnections, The (MyPubs) Table still remains visible there. It will not delete. Any help would be ...

how to delete from Table A based on Table B
lets say i have 100 employees on Table A and I have 10 employees on Table B. I want to delete all the employees in Table A that are in Table B. Delete From TableA Where EmpNum = (Select EmpNum From TableB)The above SQL wont work but i am looking for something similar. any ideas? You should use IN as your subquery is returning multiple records.Delete From TableA Where EmpNum IN (Select EmpNum From TableB)***********************Dinakar NethiLife is short. Enjoy it.***********************...

creating table in .net (UltraLite.NET)
Hi, Could anyone send me a sample code of how to use a create table query in the ultralite.net api. when I try to do this I get the following error: "A schema upgrade is not currently allowed". I suppose it has something to do with the schemaUpgradeData\listener classes, but I couldn't work it out. I'm using Schema Painter version 9.0.1, build 1751 Thanks According to the online help, this error is caused because something is in use in the database. Try closing all of your cursors/etc. and finishing your current transaction before doing the schema upgrade. ...

Showing table columns from multiple tables in Formview, but insert/update/delete rows of Master table
I have a page on which I have GridView and FomView control. On selection of a row in GridView the row gets displayed in the Item template of the FormVIew. The values are the result of inner join from multiple tables i.e. table Stock,Product and Workshop.  Please let me know how I could insert/update/delete data for the base table i.e. Stock table, but be able to see the column values from the associated tables on the Itemtemplate,Edittemplate and Inserttemplate of the FormView. Thanks,Anita Hi:   Take a look at this tutorial. It's for DetailsView and same ...

LINQ: How to delete automatically on delete from association table
Hi, I'll try to explain my problem with an example:  In DB(ms swl server 2005) I've 2 tables:A(ID, SomeAText)B(AID, SomeBText) In LINQ TO SQL (in mdbd file) I've association:A.ID --- Association ---> B.AIDIn Table B we can have many rows is same AID valueAlso, I've GridView which represents all rows from A table with LinqDataSource.Is there way how to set in LINQ that when delete a row from A table,AUTOMATICALLY all rows from B with AID(which points to ID of the deleting row from A) to bedeleted too ? Thanks in advance! asp.netWHAT ARE YOU CODING RIGHT NOW?G...

Cannot delete table
hi, i'm trying to delete a table (suspected to be corrupted or with errors) into my database using Sybase Central but then it just hung. while trying to view the corresponding columns of the said table, again my server just hung and remains to be idle. my .db is in Sybase ASE 11.9.2 running in Window NT 4.0 kindly help. thanks. ������������������������� Rodelio R. Ampon Management Advisory Service DEPT. OF HEALTH rra@doh.gov.ph ������������������������� ...

select from one table, put into another, delete from original table
Hi there, i am writing a stock control system for a small company. Most of it has been done apart from the picking part. When the user (staff member in the shop) places an order for a customer, they type in the item ID they want + the qty and there is a DDL to say collection, delivery etc. There are 3 main tables involved tbl_stock - where stock information + pics are held tbl_location - where the location of stock is held, each row has 11 columns e.g. Item Name  Qty1  Location1  Qty2  Location2 etc up to 5. Each row is for one item, so for example if there is stockID 2...

delete all tables
Hi folk, whats the SQL syntax of deleting all user tables  of a specific database on a Microsoft SQL server?thanks in advance,mulata  use yourTable;goEXEC sp_MSforeachtable @command1 = "DROP TABLE ?"--"sp_MSforeachtable" is one of the undocumented SQL Server system stored procedures.Limno hm sorry I don"t understand your solution.Is there a way that you do that in a "one line SQL statement" , something like: "drop table (select * from usertables) " thanks  I agree with limon's solution, which is really straight and easy to use. It will go through each user tabl...

Tables?! Why Tables?!
Bit random...but why does everything have to be rendered as a table?  It's starting to get quite annoying.  Formview - does this need to be a table?  the Menu??  Wouldn't it make sense to allow the option to...say...not render a Menu as a table?  Am I the only one that thinks this or are there others?  www.internetgeeks.co.ukwww.norwichbookclub.co.uk You can use CSS Adapters to create your own adapters to override how the controls render it self. In the next version of ASP.Net, you will probably have more flexibility to specify the surrounding elements of th...

table being deleted
I have a hell of a strange problem. This has happened twice at first thought I must have done something but now again happened so am thinking something more sinister.... I have a table called sales which has twice been totally deleted. Have checked the transaction log which previously I didn't have and it shows the delete happened during the last person being logged on and the whole table was deleted row by row. Therefore it is impossible for the user to have done it so must assume either the db is at fault or an outside hacker???? No other tables are affected. Any ideas???? Am...

Deleting a table
I 'm using ASA 7.03.2046 and I have dropped all publications and I went to drop a table but I keep getting a message stating that this table has publications. There are NO publications in this database. Is there something I'm missing here. Thanks, Kevin Please Ignore this posting , I deleted ALL publications for SQL Remote but there was a Mobilink template that had the table in it that I was trying to drop. "Kevin C. Dunn" <no_spam_kevin.dunn@spsinc.com> wrote in message news:GfAGjg5QCHA.245@forums.sybase.com... > I 'm using ASA 7.03.2046 and I...

From Table to Table
I am working in Delphi 4 and ran into a roadblock I am unfamiliar with. I am trying to search and find values in one table based off of matching values in another. For example a table of objects with fields like name, description, type, ect; and a table of object properties in which each object can be represented multiple times based on the settings on the page at the time. So if i search the object property table (and eventually loop through to repeat for all objects) to find all cases of visible objects when a certain criteria is met. It stops on the first object with "Yes" in th...

Web resources about - All tables where deleted - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Deleted state highways in California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
State Route 31 ran from State Route 91 near Corona to Interstate 15 in Devore through San Bernardino . The route was deleted in 1974, when it ...

ALERT: Deleted Facebook Photos Remain Online, Cached
Remember those Facebook photos you deleted a few months ago, or even a few years ago? They must be gone, right? Um, not so fast.

Facebook tests option for page owners to give users feedback about why comments were deleted
Facebook appears to be testing a new option for page owners to send users a private message about why their comments were removed from the page, ...

Why I deleted Google+
Explore scriptingnews' photos on Flickr. scriptingnews has uploaded 5920 photos to Flickr.

Looks like Amsmith77Amsmith accidentally deleted his great Chick-fil-A video - YouTube
Here it is. You're welcome, bro! http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/01/now-heres-how-you-strike-back-at-the-evil-chick-fil-a/ http://dailycaller ...

Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Authorities try to recover data deleted from captain's flight ...
Sepang, Malaysia: The authorities here said Wednesday that they were trying to recover data deleted from a flight simulator custom-built by the ...

Carly McBride Facebook account deleted hours after she vanished
It is the mysterious deletion of a social media account that could help detectives investigating the suspected murder of mother-of-two Carly ...

Yet again, expletive is deleted: Mike Carlton resigns from the Sydney Morning Herald
PROUD hater Mike Carlton has resigned from The Sydney Morning Herald but the controversial columnist is certainly no stranger to the unemployment ...

Madeline McCann Twitter account deleted over abuse Ben Needham
THE parents of missing child Madeline McCann have been forced to delete their Twitter account due to a torrent of “hatred and sheer viscousness” ...