3.0.12 Installing Custom Modules doesn't work Plan B

All right,  I'm now trying Plan B to get modules to install:

I get through steps 1. through 3. below just fine.  When I get to step 4., I see no radio buttons  Looks like I’m dead in the water again.   What’s next?

From the DotNetNuke 3.0 Module Developer’s Guide

Use the following procedure to install your module:

  1. Logon as Host access.
  2. Go to the File Manager under the Host menu.
  3. Click on the Upload button in the top toolbar of the File Manager.
  4. In the Upload File screen, select Custom Module from the radio button selection.
  5. Click on the browse button to find your assembly package.
  6. Click Add to display the package in the list.
  7. Click Upload to upload the assembly to the server.

Once the file is uploaded DNN will look for the .dnn file to find the information it needs in order to configure your module into the portal. The File Manager will display the status of the module installation on the screen. If any errors are encountered during the install process, DNN will let you know by displaying the specific problem on the screen in bold red text.

If everything installs correctly, you should now be able to add your module to a page by selecting it from the drop down menu.

0
JohnScobey

Looks like a carry over from DNN2 slipped into that document.

Here's a step by step guide with pictures for DNN3.

Install Custom Module Tutorial

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch

3.0.12 Installing Custom Modules doesn't work
From the Installation Guide, page 20:   ============================================================== The Resource needs to be packaged as a zip file before being installed. As this document focuses on the installation we do not describe here how to package the resource.  This is covered in other documents. The following are the resources that can be installed, using both of these approaches Modules Through Application UI Host/Module Definitions, Select the “Upload New Module” action from the Action menu or from the link at the bottom of the control Through Installer by p...

3.0.12
Add an Image module and select an image for it. Go to Module settings Unselect Display Container. The container stills shows up.Do you know the truth when you hear it? I've noticed that the 'Don't Display Container' option does not apply when logged in as host or admin- the container still shows. Logging out and browsing seems to hide the container. I don't know if this applies with registered users though.Kirk The behavior of all containers is erratic as well, some don't even show the picture. This happens in both preview and design views.Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

I get "The stored procedure 'dbo.AddDesktopModule' doesn't exist" Error installing 3.012 and 3.013. Version 2.12 installs fine.
I keep getting the following "The stored procedure 'dbo.AddDesktopModule' doesn't exist" Error installing 3.012 and 3.013. Version 2.12 installs fine.  I get the same error if I try to upgrade to version 3.013 after installing version 2.12.  Any ideas. I had a similar problem a while back. My problem was that the Sql Server was setup to be case sensitive. It can  not be this way for Dnn. Maybe something to look at....

Installing resources for custom modules through install/language doesn't seem to work
Hi,I tried to install some language resources for modules (forum, gallery, Efficion Articles) through the install/language folder, but that doesn't seem to work. The installation page says that the resources have been installed, but I don't see my nl-NL resources appearing in the appropriate folders.When I install on the Languages page through the host menu, it does work. Any ideas?Thanks,JeffryJeffry van de VuurstThe Verne / iClectic...

Raw devices doesn't work if greather than 30GB (ASE 12.0.1IDE-1, RH7.3, 2-4-18-3)
Greetings, I'm trying to create a database of 30GB login on a 16 GB device under Redhat Linux 7.3, with ASE 12.5; I managed to create my raw devices on a IDE disk using the following commands: disk init name="GLOBAL_log_device1", physname="/dev/raw/raw2", vdevno=4, size='16G' go disk init name="tempdb_device1", physname="/dev/raw/raw1", vdevno=3, size='6G' go disk init name="LOAN_data_device1", physname="/dev/raw/raw3", vdevno=5, size='30G' go Then i tried to create the databas...

2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't
Name: Vaughan Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't Comments: After the forced update occurs 2.0.0.12 doesn't allow me to access the internet. I tried disabling all Add-ons but it still fails. The only solution is to re-install 2.0.0.11. I get a message that the site cannot be found. This is bs as it was found in IE6 and in Ff 2.0.0.11 seconds earlier. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

Modules worked in 3.0.11, now it doesn't...
OK, I have a few custom modules that I had working in 3.0.11. I've upgraded to 3.0.12 and tried to add my modules to the site and nothing happens. Here's what I did: -Created database tables/stored proc. for custom modules (Clean 3.0.12 install) -Added my existing projects to the dnn solution. -Rebuilt the solution (no errors) -Added module definitions/controls through host account. After I did all of that I tried to add the module to a page and it just comes up blank, no errors, no container, nothing. I looked in the Modules table and it looks like the modules are being added...

DNN 3.0.12
I've a DNN 3.0.12 installation with SMTP settings that work - an email is sent when the test link is clicked - the email is received at my inbox.  This appears to work, however there are 3 things that I've observed that indicate the email is not working correctly: 1 - When I make the portal verified, no email is sent to the new registrant, 2 - When I use the feedback module, the "Message was sent successfully" is displayed, but the message is not received, 3 - When sending an email from the >>Admin>>Newsletters module, I get "OK Message sent", but again is not received. ...

with 3.6.3 update, doesn't work well with hotmail (text of original message doesn't appear in replies)
Name: Tom Reavley Email: reavleytwathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: with 3.6.3 update, doesn't work well with hotmail (text of original message doesn't appear in replies) Comments: I have had to stop using Firefox because I can't adequately use my hotmail account any more. When I try to reply to or forward emails, the original text doesn't appear. Your support site has been no help, so I assume it's an unresolved bug in the program. The prior version of Firefox worked fine. So now I back using Safari until you get this fixed. Browser Details:...

Can't add custom module to page in 3.0.12
I can add core modules fine. I am using the project from DnnJungle. I can configure my module in the Module Definitions tab, and I even see it in the available modules dropdrown list. But when I go through the steps to add it to a page, I get nothing. Not even an error. Any suggestions? You should add ur module property as view from the dropdown...

Newsfeed Module in DNN 3.1.0 doesn't work
I installed DNN 3.1.0 on my development machine and I can't seem to get a newsfeed to display successfully. I get the following error:Could Not Connect To http://www.worthynews.com/news-editor/scripts/rss-news.php?nr=5. You Should Verify The Source Address Is Valid And That Your Hosting Provider Has Configured Their Proxy Server Settings Correctly.I have tried several different feeds and none of them work. They all work fine in my live DNN 2.1.2 site. Thinking it might be firewall related I turned off my firewall and restarted IIS but I still get the same errors.Thanks in advance f...

Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)
I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems. (I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT, W2K, WXP). I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It looks like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something on this printer then no PostScript file is created. So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual installation (I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said that printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded. I use...

2.0.3 New Install
I've tried this twice on two seperate machines. One on XP Pro, the other on 2000 pro. I downloaded a fresh copy from DotNetNuke.com I create a new sql server database "DotNetNuke" I create a new IIS Application "DotNetNuke" I open the Solution Modify the Web.config to point to the new database, modify the defaultprovider to the sql provider. Run the project. Everything seems to work ok, the home page comes up, I am able to log in as Admin, however any item I select from the Admin menu just goes back to the home page, no error or anything. If I log ...

"Fix" in 3.0.12 Still Doesn't Work
Name: Bill Gregory Email: medquestattaosnetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Fix" in 3.0.12 Still Doesn't Work Comments: Ladies & Gents, Here's what the release notes said yesterday "Fixed an issue introduced in Firefox 3.0.11, where Firefox would occasionally freeze when accessing the Java plug-in on Windows XP. (bug 498132)". I was one of the people who pointed out several months ago that the scanning portion of JavaScript didn't mesh with Firefox. I deposit checks to my bank (at a considerable geographic distance) via this program. N...

Web resources about - 3.0.12 Installing Custom Modules doesn't work Plan B - asp.net.dotnetnuke