3.0.12 Installing Custom Modules doesn't work

From the Installation Guide, page 20:

The Resource needs to be packaged as a zip file before being installed. As this document focuses on the installation we do not describe here how to package the resource.  This is covered in other documents.

The following are the resources that can be installed, using both of these approaches

Modules

  1. Through Application UI Host/Module Definitions, Select the “Upload New Module” action from the Action menu or from the link at the bottom of the control
  2. Through Installer by placing zip file in /Install/Module.

Module Development and Packaging are described in the “DotNetNuke Module Developer’s Guide”

Using approach A. above, I:

1.      Selected the “Upload New Module” action from the Action menu

2.      Browsed to a file I had downloaded: C:\DotNetNuke\Install\Module\NewBlog_3_0_0_PA.zip

3.      First clicked the Upload New File  link, this ran for about 10 seconds and I was returned to the  Module Definition list page.

4.      Now what?  I don’t see any change in the Module Definition list and the Module drop down at the top of the page does not have my new module in it.

5.      Both the Help and Online Help menu items return  nothing. Great!

6.      OK, let’s see what happens when I try Add New Module Definition.

7.      OK , lets try making up a module name and description.   Am I supposed to be doing this?  Now click on the Add New Definition link   Nothing happens.

What am I missing?  I've got a dozen so or so modules, some free and some I've paid for.  What’s it going to take to get them installed?
0
JohnScobey

Hi John,

Make sure you unzip the download file first, then select the PA file from the release folder using the method for installing above.

Some modules will be like this with the install zip embedded in the whole package, others may be only the install file, to tell for sure, look in the zip and if it has a file that ends with .dnn then you should have a valid install file.

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch
3/28/2005 12:54:41 AM
Perhaps you're missing step 2.5. Click Add after you selected the PA file with Browse... but before you click Upload New File.Idea [I]
0
ecktwo

3.0.12 Installing Custom Modules doesn't work Plan B
All right,  I'm now trying Plan B to get modules to install:   I get through steps 1. through 3. below just fine.  When I get to step 4., I see no radio buttons  Looks like I’m dead in the water again.   What’s next?     From the DotNetNuke 3.0 Module Developer’s Guide =============================================== Use the following procedure to install your module: Logon as Host access. Go to the File Manager under the Host menu. Click on the Upload button in the top toolbar of the File Manager. In the Upload File screen, select...

3.0.12
Add an Image module and select an image for it. Go to Module settings Unselect Display Container. The container stills shows up.Do you know the truth when you hear it? I've noticed that the 'Don't Display Container' option does not apply when logged in as host or admin- the container still shows. Logging out and browsing seems to hide the container. I don't know if this applies with registered users though.Kirk The behavior of all containers is erratic as well, some don't even show the picture. This happens in both preview and design views.Do you know the truth when you hear it?...

I get "The stored procedure 'dbo.AddDesktopModule' doesn't exist" Error installing 3.012 and 3.013. Version 2.12 installs fine.
I keep getting the following "The stored procedure 'dbo.AddDesktopModule' doesn't exist" Error installing 3.012 and 3.013. Version 2.12 installs fine.  I get the same error if I try to upgrade to version 3.013 after installing version 2.12.  Any ideas. I had a similar problem a while back. My problem was that the Sql Server was setup to be case sensitive. It can  not be this way for Dnn. Maybe something to look at....

Installing resources for custom modules through install/language doesn't seem to work
Hi,I tried to install some language resources for modules (forum, gallery, Efficion Articles) through the install/language folder, but that doesn't seem to work. The installation page says that the resources have been installed, but I don't see my nl-NL resources appearing in the appropriate folders.When I install on the Languages page through the host menu, it does work. Any ideas?Thanks,JeffryJeffry van de VuurstThe Verne / iClectic...

Raw devices doesn't work if greather than 30GB (ASE 12.0.1IDE-1, RH7.3, 2-4-18-3)
Greetings, I'm trying to create a database of 30GB login on a 16 GB device under Redhat Linux 7.3, with ASE 12.5; I managed to create my raw devices on a IDE disk using the following commands: disk init name="GLOBAL_log_device1", physname="/dev/raw/raw2", vdevno=4, size='16G' go disk init name="tempdb_device1", physname="/dev/raw/raw1", vdevno=3, size='6G' go disk init name="LOAN_data_device1", physname="/dev/raw/raw3", vdevno=5, size='30G' go Then i tried to create the databas...

2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't
Name: Vaughan Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.11 works 2.0.0.12 doesn't Comments: After the forced update occurs 2.0.0.12 doesn't allow me to access the internet. I tried disabling all Add-ons but it still fails. The only solution is to re-install 2.0.0.11. I get a message that the site cannot be found. This is bs as it was found in IE6 and in Ff 2.0.0.11 seconds earlier. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.11) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/2.0.0.11 ...

DNN 3.0.12
I've a DNN 3.0.12 installation with SMTP settings that work - an email is sent when the test link is clicked - the email is received at my inbox.  This appears to work, however there are 3 things that I've observed that indicate the email is not working correctly: 1 - When I make the portal verified, no email is sent to the new registrant, 2 - When I use the feedback module, the "Message was sent successfully" is displayed, but the message is not received, 3 - When sending an email from the >>Admin>>Newsletters module, I get "OK Message sent", but again is not received. ...

Modules worked in 3.0.11, now it doesn't...
OK, I have a few custom modules that I had working in 3.0.11. I've upgraded to 3.0.12 and tried to add my modules to the site and nothing happens. Here's what I did: -Created database tables/stored proc. for custom modules (Clean 3.0.12 install) -Added my existing projects to the dnn solution. -Rebuilt the solution (no errors) -Added module definitions/controls through host account. After I did all of that I tried to add the module to a page and it just comes up blank, no errors, no container, nothing. I looked in the Modules table and it looks like the modules are being added...

with 3.6.3 update, doesn't work well with hotmail (text of original message doesn't appear in replies)
Name: Tom Reavley Email: reavleytwathotmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: with 3.6.3 update, doesn't work well with hotmail (text of original message doesn't appear in replies) Comments: I have had to stop using Firefox because I can't adequately use my hotmail account any more. When I try to reply to or forward emails, the original text doesn't appear. Your support site has been no help, so I assume it's an unresolved bug in the program. The prior version of Firefox worked fine. So now I back using Safari until you get this fixed. Browser Details:...

Can't add custom module to page in 3.0.12
I can add core modules fine. I am using the project from DnnJungle. I can configure my module in the Module Definitions tab, and I even see it in the available modules dropdrown list. But when I go through the steps to add it to a page, I get nothing. Not even an error. Any suggestions? You should add ur module property as view from the dropdown...

Newsfeed Module in DNN 3.1.0 doesn't work
I installed DNN 3.1.0 on my development machine and I can't seem to get a newsfeed to display successfully. I get the following error:Could Not Connect To http://www.worthynews.com/news-editor/scripts/rss-news.php?nr=5. You Should Verify The Source Address Is Valid And That Your Hosting Provider Has Configured Their Proxy Server Settings Correctly.I have tried several different feeds and none of them work. They all work fine in my live DNN 2.1.2 site. Thinking it might be firewall related I turned off my firewall and restarted IIS but I still get the same errors.Thanks in advance f...

Installation 'Sybase DataWindow PS' printer on W98 doesn't work (so PDF export can't work either)
I have a problem with export DataWindow content to PDF on W98 systems. (I don't have any problem with PDF export on other systems like as WINNT, W2K, WXP). I found out that the problem is in the Sybase DataWindow PS printer. It looks like installed but it DOESN'T WORK on W98. When I try print something on this printer then no PostScript file is created. So I tried manual installation of it but it occurs an error during manual installation (I used description of instalation from Bruce Armstrong). The error said that printer driver (PSCRIPT.DLL) can't be loaded. I use...

2.0.3 New Install
I've tried this twice on two seperate machines. One on XP Pro, the other on 2000 pro. I downloaded a fresh copy from DotNetNuke.com I create a new sql server database "DotNetNuke" I create a new IIS Application "DotNetNuke" I open the Solution Modify the Web.config to point to the new database, modify the defaultprovider to the sql provider. Run the project. Everything seems to work ok, the home page comes up, I am able to log in as Admin, however any item I select from the Admin menu just goes back to the home page, no error or anything. If I log ...

"Fix" in 3.0.12 Still Doesn't Work
Name: Bill Gregory Email: medquestattaosnetdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: "Fix" in 3.0.12 Still Doesn't Work Comments: Ladies & Gents, Here's what the release notes said yesterday "Fixed an issue introduced in Firefox 3.0.11, where Firefox would occasionally freeze when accessing the Java plug-in on Windows XP. (bug 498132)". I was one of the people who pointed out several months ago that the scanning portion of JavaScript didn't mesh with Firefox. I deposit checks to my bank (at a considerable geographic distance) via this program. N...

Web resources about - 3.0.12 Installing Custom Modules doesn't work - asp.net.dotnetnuke