2.1.2 File upload problem

Trying to upload a large zip file (3,340Kb)

Select file to upload
Click Add
browser seems to start upload after clicking Add. After about 2 minutes I get a page cannot be displayed error page. The address bar contains:
http://www.mydomain.com/Default.aspx?tabid=15&mid=316&ctl=Edit
Smaller files upload without problem.
Is this a hosting or dnn problem? I am with WH4L on a Semi-Dedicated Plan
0
liffey

You  need to adjust the maxRequestLength setting in web.config to allow for such large uploads / downloads.

Salar
KnapHill, Surrey UK

Skinning & Building DotNetNuke Applications
www.salaro.com

0
salaro
12/18/2004 11:05:48 PM
Thanks, Salaro.

Is this measured in bytes, or Kb and is there a known max limit?
I wish to upload a file of 5,151Kb and have set (to test)
httpRuntime useFullyQualifiedRedirectUrl="true" maxRequestLength="9999999" which fails.

I read 9999999 as 7.53Mb but with this value set I cannot upload a file of 5.2Mb
If I make it one more 9 I get a DNN error stating max limit exceeded:
A critical error has occurred.
Maximum request length exceeded.
An error has occurred.
DotNetNuke.PageLoadException: Maximum request length exceeded. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded. at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod() at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Log file error message:
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent
DatabaseVersion: 2.1.2
AssemblyVersion: 2.1.2.16001
PortalID: 0
PortalName: www.mydomain.com
UserID: 2
UserName: declan
ActiveTabID: 15
ActiveTabName: File Manager
AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.mydomain.com/Default.aspx?tabid=15&error=Maximum+request+length+exceeded.&content=0
ExceptionGUID: 07519269-56f8-44cc-b6fc-a5c8dcc35ff5
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
Message: Maximum request length exceeded.
InnerException: System.Web.HttpException: Maximum request length exceeded. at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetEntireRawContent() at System.Web.HttpRequest.GetMultipartContent() at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod() at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
TargetSite:
StackTrace:
HelpLink:
Source: