.NET framework 2.0 and DNN 2.0

I have built a brand new XP SP2 machine. Got to install DNN. I am unable to install MSDE as I did last year. XP SP2.0 simply rolls back the installation mid-way.

Now that I have almost resigned in that direction, I intend to try SQL Server Express, which requires .NET framework 2.0.
Q1. Will DNN 2.0 be happy with it? What should I know before I do anything.
Q2. Is there a particular version of DNN I need to use?
Q3. Just curious, will DNN 2.0 work with VB.NET express?
Q4. Just curious, would any of you know why MSDE doesn't install on XP SP2?
I am going crazy without a working DNN site at home. Please help! Your guidance or URLs are GREATLY appreciated!
kumarakn
Visit me at: www.kkarthik.info
0
kumarakn

I've been fighting an install with SQL Server 2000 and WinXP SP2 as well.  I've been hunting all over the place trying to find good documentation on the error.

My error is in the ODBC driver and the install quits when it tries to configure the server. You can see more of my ranting at:
* http://www.sqljunkies.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2122
* http://www.sqljunkies.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2056
I'll let you know if I get anywhere on it.
As for SQL Express ... I don't know why it would throw you any major errors. But the best advice I can give you is, "Try it and see." Heck ... if you don't have an instance of SQL anyway, what have you got to loose? :-)
-------------

Erik France
0
NEParis
9/13/2004 8:22:27 PM
You must re-map IIS to use ASP.NET 1.1, this can be done (once ASP.NET 2 is installed by selecting the properties of the site in question, then select the ASP.NET tab and use the drop down to revert to 1.1 (or whatever your previous install was).
~Chris

Net Data Design
706Horsman.us
0
cjsmitty

Access .Net 2.0 Application from .Net 2.0 Web Site
I need to populate a specific form in a .Net desktop application from a .net web application.  Is there an easy way to go about this? Hi, Based on my understanding, you want to start an executable application from your ASP.NET websit, right? We can invoke Process.Start method (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.process.start.aspx) to launch an executable application from ASP.NET application. Note: Please keep in mind, the ASP.NET application is running on the server, so it will start the executable application that exists in the server.   I look...

Clickonce deployment anyone (DW.NET 2.0 and .NET 2.0)?
I saw someone had posted a question about this already, and there were no responses. So I am hoping that this will get some. We had problems with the previous version of DW.NET 1.5 + VS2003 when attempting to deploy applications via a web server. So many problems that we eventually decided to run off a network drive (which is OK if your user base doesn't roam around the country). Anyway, we gave up on DW.NET, and started to use the datagrid control. Since then, much has changed. Our development team now has VS2005 professional and may start using DW.NET 2.0 (pending my inv...

DotNetNuke 2.0.4 & .net fwk 2.0
Hi, I am trying to install DNN 2.0.4 on my machine but get below error when logging in on localhost/dotnetnuke (running sql). Any idea of what is wrong - could it be .net fwk v2.0 (which I am running for various reasons) that has new constraints?. ************************************************************** Server Error in '/DotNetNuke' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the followin...

NCache 2.0 Released (supports .Net 2.0 framework)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJanuary 20, 2006 Media contact:Iqbal M. Khan  Director Sales and Marketing AlachiSoftUS Toll Free: 1-(800) 253-8195Intl: 1-(925) 236-3830Fax: 1-(925) 886-2417iqbal@alachisoft.com NCache 2.0 Released (supports .Net 2.0 framework) Boosts app performance thru Clustered Object Caching & Clustered ASP.NET Sessions San Ramon, California – January 20th, 2006 - AlachiSoft is pleased to announce the immediate availability of NCache™ 2.0. NCache is a high performance in-memory object caching solution for mission critical .NET applications with real-time data acces...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

How to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ?
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to change .Net framework from Version=3.5.0.0 back to Version=2.0.0.0 ? I have 2 different versions of Visual Studio: VS2005 and VS2008. One is running in .NET framework 2.0.0.0 and the other one is running in framework version 3.5.0.0.  When run the web application that is in framework Version 2.0.0.0 in VS2005, I get the error below.  In the web.config of the project, there is no 'System.Core....' assembly listed in the Assemblies section and all other system assemblies are in framework version 2.0.0.0. Also I checked the Mic...

DNN 2.1.x and .NET 2.0 Framework
Has anyone successfully compiled DNN 2.1.x under the 2.0 (beta) framework? I have the 2.0 framework soley running on my development machine - and everything runs fine - but if I try to open up DNN in VS Express 2005 and compile I get a plethora of compilation errors. Ultimately would like to try and get DNN 2.1.x running under the 2.0 framework using SQL Server 2005 (Yukon) as the backend. Any help getting it to compile would be really appreciated. The code is not really ready for .Net 2.0 just yet. Over the next few releases we will be bringing the code in line with ASP.Net 2.0 and...

web.config problems when upgrading from .NET 2.0 Beta to .NET 2.0 release version
We uninstalled .NET 2.0 Beta and replaced it with .NET 2.0 release version.  And it messed everything up.  All applications now give weird errors indicating the lack of web.config files, despite the fact that they already have web.config files in place.  For example, the following error occurs even though the web.config file has <customErrors="Off">: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for securit...

.NET 3.0 or .NET 2.0?
I'm going to move my exiting software to .net soon. I'm just wondering if I should wait for the .NET 3.0 framework to be released or if I can start with the 2.0 now? I'd say you can go ahead and move your code to .Net 2.0 as .Net 3.0 uses the CLR version 2.0.Basically, .net 3.0 is .net 2.0 PLUS some new features for presentation (GUI), communication and workflow process.  So the compiler as well as the language features used by the 2.0 runtime will be the same in 2.0 and 3.0"Never argue with an idiot; He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experienc...

WSE 2.0 with .Net 2.0
Hi all,  I would like to know if i use WSE 2.0 along with .Net framework 2.0 to sign certificate will it work.(I know WSE 2.0 is not having VS 2005 development support and only the 2.0 framework supports it. I will be enabling WSE 2.0 in .net 1.1 and then run the application in framework 2.0) also if i enable this in the server and in teh client if i use Wse 2.0 with .Net 1.1  will there be any problem with the communication between the two.   Thanks in advance Dawn George Hi The newer libraries should be backwards compatible with 1.1.  But then again, there ...

Web resources about - .NET framework 2.0 and DNN 2.0 - asp.net.dotnetnuke

How to find which versions of the .NET Framework are installed on a PC
Check the system requirements for a Windows application and you’ll often find it needs some minimum version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. .NET ...

Frameworks releasing 'Time Spent' EP
by Andrew Sacher photo by Shauna Hundeby Gainesville's Frameworks became one of the more promising new bands in the current wave of screamo with ...

Cisco Announces New Skills Framework to Address Evolving Technology
Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, business transformation and network programmability will influence all Cisco Career Certifications.

Int'l groups launch new global framework to eliminate human rabies
... the worst rabies problem. Metro Manila (CNN Philippines) – International organizations launched on Thursday (December 10) a new global framework ...

Agile Frameworks: Does Anyone Know What A Framework Is?
[Welcome to the first in a series of posts about Agile frameworks. In this series, Cutter consultants in the Agile Product Management & Software ...

The Complex Framework Of The UN Climate Talks, Demystified
As COP21 convenes this week in Paris, this data viz breaks down all you need to know about the history, key players, and big decisions. Yesterday, ...

AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework
Network World AT&T teams with Cisco, Ericsson, Qualcomm, Intel on smart cities framework FierceWireless LAS VEGAS—AT&T (NYSE: T) is collaborating ...

A Framework For How Any Company Can Design Amazing Employee Experiences
Over the past few months I've been working on a series of articles all around the employee experience which I define as being a combination of ...

130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US
Read the rest of 130-foot Framework tower slated to become the tallest wooden building in the US