.NET 2.0, Password Reminder gets me "An unhandled error has occurred."

I did a clean install and now when I click on "Password Reminder" I get a blank page with "An unhandled error has occurred." at the top. the url is http://xp64/Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Value+cannot+be+null.%0d%0aParameter+name%3a+basepath I'm running XP64 with .NET 2.0.50215 I removed all the module PA's from the Install folder before I installed DNN 3.1

Anybody got ideas on what could be causing this. It seems like everything else in DNN is working fine other than that.
0
kevincam

You need to run DNN under .Net 1.1 which you can do (once installed/registered) by going to the Poperties page of your site in IIS and clicking the ASP.NET tab, then selecting version 1.1 for that app.
Regards, Nick

Free Css Skins! | nuke.nickclements.net
0
nbc
7/9/2005 7:17:38 PM
Thanks, that did it. I thought DNN 3.1 was ASP.NET 2.0 Compatible. I guess it's not totally. I would've never know if I didn't catch that one login issue because it seems everything else was working. I kept thinking that couldn't be it but I switched back to ASP.NET 1.1 and poof problem gone. Thanks a lot.
0
kevincam

Retrograding httpHandler from .NET 2.0 to 1.1, get "Parser Error Message: Could not create type" message
Hi there,I have written a httpHandler using VS2005 and .NET 2.0 that builds and works fine.However, I am now having to convert it to .NET 1.1, which I hoped would just be a case of changing the runtime used by the web app (as in running the 1.1 version of aspnet_regiis, with a "-s" switch pointing at my web apps folder). After doing this though (and fixing a few minor differences with web.config), if I then navigate to my handler I get the following error message:Server Error in '/Path/To/MyWebApp' Application.Parser ErrorDescription: An error occurred during the parsing of...

"Server Error in '/' Application" in .net 2.0
I have a working application which suddenly stopped working with the message: "Server Error in '/' Application. The resource cannot be found" I use asp.net 2.0 and work with a file-system web (no IIS for now). My office runs the security updates on the network from time to time, and my guess is: this is the culprit. The app still works on my laptop. I did run aspnet_regiis. Just in case, although I did not expect it to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. More detail about the error message, please. When it says "Resource cannot be found" is it talking about your defaul...

Experiencing "Underlying Connection Was Closed" Error with .NET 2.0
I don't know what it was like with version 1.x, but with .NET 2.0, I can no longer apply the fix mentioned in the MSFT KB below.  The proxy generated with .NET 2.0 now inherits from System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.  Has anyone experienced the Underlying Connection Was Closed error and has a different solution?  By the way, I have already applied the default proxy setting to machine.config.Thanks in advance.Google Cache: http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:Qihy3DwDzVUJ:support.microsoft.com/kb/819450+%2Bproxy+System.Net.WebException+The+underlying+connection...

.Net 1.1 with .Net 2.0 virtual directory using AJAX "Sys undefined"
I'm having an issue running an AJAX app I built, I think I might know what the problem might be, but if so, I am not sure how to fix it. The main site is built with 1.1 and new application is 2.0.  I have the new application configured properly (as far as I can tell) in its own app pool, etc..  The app runs just fine (I have other 2.0 apps that run along side the main 1.1), but I am getting an error: "Sys undefined...."  I've checked to enusre the mappings for the .axd extension for this particular VD are pointing to the correct place as ...

V9.0.2 Error: Section [Shortcuts.All] shortcut "ADO.Net.Sample.lnk"
Hi All, I have upgraded to build v9.0.2 on the CE side, but when I try to build a cab file for deployment I receive the following message and the cab file is not built. Error: Section [Shortcuts.All] shortcut "ADO.Net.Sample.lnk" - there is no matching target file "ado_net_sample.exe" for the current CPU type. Apparently this error only shows up if you uncheck the Example Programs section under the Adaptive Server Anywhere tree view item. I turn off everything that I do not need to depoy to the device since I am delivering the cab via a wireless connection....

error "Failed to get datetime data" using dw.net 1.0.1
Hello, My situation: I have a vs2005 project with dw.net version 1.0.1 (build 5502), database is asa10. When my regional settings are Dutch(Belgium) I have no problems at all. When the settings are Italian(Italy) I get a "Failed to get datetime" error when I retrieve when my data contains dates. When the date fields are not filled in then I do not get the error. A date of '2008-1-1 08:00:00' also gives errors. When I try to retrieve the same data in the datawindow painter I also get no error. Can anyone help me? Greetings, Mich=E8le DW.net 2.5 is now th...

mapping a drive using "net use" w/no password" #2
I want to set up a test scenario where I have a bunch of clients logging into a Netware server using native file access. My clients use a script file which maps shares to the server using the "net use \\server\share /p=no" (for no password). I keep getting "system error 5 - access is denied". What am I doing wrong and what can I do to fix it? Thanks for your help Assuming you're using Local mode, you must assign a Simple password. Note that a blank Simple password is not the same as never assigning a Simple password. bd NSC Voluntee...

VS.NET 2005 is ignoring in web.config strict="true". I get no error when I try this: Dim x As Integer = "string"
Hello,I have this in my VS.NET 2005 web.config <compilation debug="true" strict="true" explicit="true">When I do this in my vb code:Dim x As Integer = "string"I get no error. When I hit compilation I also get no error. What am I doing wrong?Thanks for helping!Regards,J. Bauer It's a bug of some sort See this response by Scott Guthriehttp://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/viewfeedback.aspx?feedbackid=3c1c9898-8076-4f69-a5e2-e99573d03c6e Unfortunately we don’t have a GUI based way to configure this. L It is something we will make sure gets added back in, though, with the next...

Any idea why .NET 2.0 service pack 1 give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error?
I just installed .NET 2.0 SP1, those forms worked before now give me "The server tag is not well formed. " error. any idea?   Can you post a specific line where this is happening?  I often get this when there is not a space between attributes on a control like  <asp:Textbox runat="server"id="Textbox1" />Community Coder Yes! you got it quickly. I found it is the xml transform. I create some code dynamically with xml transform, I used &#32; to make sure there is a space between attributes, it seems &#32; doesn't work unde...

Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn
Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn.  I have been working one this site for a few days now and everything has been working fine.  I had the website on my \\localhost\wwms but then I changed my default websites home directory so the local path would poing to the same place as \\localhost\wwms did.  Now I get this message, and the browser bar says http://wwmslr/WWMS/Default.aspx?error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 How do I fix this? Thanks Are both websites using the same port?Muhammad FahadPakis...

Net::Telnet with username, no password
Hello everyone, I'm trying to use Net::Telnet to connect to a server that has a test account called (appropriately) TEST. It has no password on doing a normal telnet to the server after supplying the username, I am taken to the shell rather than being prompted for my password. The prompt I'm given is: TEST F50:/genii4 $ Heres's the script I wrote: #!/usr/bin/perl -w # use strict; use Net::Telnet(); my $host = "172.16.1.2"; my $user = "TEST"; my $pass = ""; my $t = new Net::Telnet(Timeout => 30, Dump_Log => "/tmp...

"Net use" not working in application that runs as "system" #2
Hello, I am trying to create an application object to distribute a program which during the setup procedure creates two local users on the workstation. I tried to set up the application to run as an unsecure system user and start the setup.exe. This method worked fine for quite a number of apps in the past. However this app needs a drive mapping to a windows 2003 server to start the setup.exe. Apparently under windows 2003 it is no longer possible to use the "net use" command when running a script as system user. I get system error 1312 "A specified logon ses...

Web resources about - .NET 2.0, Password Reminder gets me "An unhandled error has occurred." - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Unhandled Exceptions
As a member of the Telerik Insiders Team, Telerik can help facilitate my delivery of talks at your user group or software development event. ...

Error'd: Click Here to 'Like' Unhandled Exceptions
Alexander writes, "I was searching the web for solutions to some Oracle OCI driver issues when a I received a curious suggestion." "Finally, ...

Blue Screen of Death - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or a bug check , is the error screen displayed by the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems upon encountering a critical error, of a ...

Unhandled Exception
Sorry for the inconvenience, you request cannot be entertained at this moment.

Error
Oops something went wrong! Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your ...

WebHost4Life: When Good Web Hosting Companies Go Bad
Server Error in '/site1/weblog' Application. Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. Description: An unhandled exception ...

Abhinav Singh - XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer, Bangalore, India ...
Abhinav Singh is XMPP, Erlang, PHP, Realtime System Architect, Consultant and Freelancer from Bangalore, India.

Site map
AISolutions Home News & Media Site Map search Search Home Company About Us News & Media Customers GSA Schedules Community Outreach Contact Us ...

Security and the real world
When talking about Security, most people think about something where "they" attack and "we" defend. If they succeed only once, we have lost. ...