.Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ?

Hi all

Can you run .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ? Does anybody do this currently and does both DNN 3.1.1 and the new dnn 4.0 work ok on this configuration ?

/Johan
FirstDev AB
Affärssystem.net
0
JohanJohansson

Yes, and Yes.
John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch
11/12/2005 10:57:53 PM
to elaborate a bit on that:

yes, if you are using windows server 2003. You can select the .net version on a per application basis, however, you can only use one .net version per application pool. So just put your .net 2.0 applications in a different pool

cheers,

erik
Erik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands
0
ErikVB
11/13/2005 11:28:40 AM

You can do it on XP Pro, or Windows 2000 Server also, you just need to map each web application to the proper framework.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconconfiguringaspnetapplicationforaspnetversion.asp

John M.

DotNetNuke Module for Performance
0
J7Mitch

having .net 1.1 and .net 2.0
Was just wondering if you someone could tell me the ramifications of the following:  I have .net 2.0 but did not uninstally .net 1.1, i have visual studio 2003, and visual web developer installed on the computer as well as sql server 2000.  my question is whether that is a problem having the two runtimes installed at the same time?  i did this because i wanted to use VWD but keep vs 2003 in case i needed to do any development for work....any comments are appreciated.  --jpIf my post is helpful please mark as answerRegards -- jp(http://www.rzrsolutions.com/rzrWeb20/...

.net 2.0 to .net 1.1
Hello , This is shrirang. Currently i am working .net2.0 web application. but the same application is runing on production in .net 1.1 freamwork . we are not using any new feature of 2.0 in our application . can i run build of 2.0 on 1.1 freamwork . if yes can you  please tell me necessary steps to achive it .     Thanks in advance for your kind help     Regards Shrirang i think it is not possible to run the 2.0 application in 1.1 , so try to change to the frame work in the production server . ThanksRaja Ragothaman Hi Shrirang, Please contact web adm...

How to use .net 1.1 on webserver after adding .net 2.0 Framework
I have a web server with .net 1.1 installed on it. I am going to install the .net 2.0 framewrok on my server. How can I select the .net 1.1 framework for my existing applications that are already using 1.1 after I install 2.0. Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I have looked at this but it there is no tab to choose .net version, my web server is ms server 2000. Anyone any idea how to do this? Thanks macca macca:Someone told me about going onto IIS and in the properties there is a tab to select the version of .net, I...

Migration from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi All, Well i hoped that the migrating went smoother then is does so far. I had a few problem which i could fix with blogs from other developers, but i didn't find a good solution for this problem. Somehow i get the following error: "Make sure that the class defined in this code file matches the 'Inherits' attribute, and that it extends the correct base class" Well i worked very good before the migration. Some advise would be very welcome! Regards,Dennis van de Laarhttp://dennisv.net/Don't forget to mark the most helpful reply/replies as Answer. Maybe this post will hel...

.NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 on the same PC
I built my ASP.NET app and built it with .NET 1.1 I installed .Net 2.0 and now it will not function properly. How can I tell my App to use the .NET 1.1? Thanks for any help,Thank youJackxxx What tool are you using to code ASP.NET?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell in the land and live securely. Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37: 3-4). The PC i am referring to is my test PC and it has no tools. But I used VS.net 2003 on my development PC. Thank you,Thank youJackxxx Hi, Unfortunately, you can not run two...

Upgrading from .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0
Hi,We write ASP.NET applications for a large UK organisation for which we have two servers - a dev server and a live intranet server.  I would like to convince management to upgrade the .NET framework from 1.1 to 2.0 (and incidently VS2003 to VS2005).If we install the new version of the dotnet framework, will there be any issues with our existing 1.1 applications?  If so, what will the issues likely to be?Your help is greatly appreciated.Ryan Penfold, Truro, UK. Two versions can coexist, so you shouldn't have any issues. So far we have not had any real issues with asp.net 1.1 a...

.net 2.0 v. .Net 1.1
Hi all:Im trying to figure out whether I should begin using 2.0 at this point.  Many people I spoke to have indicated that it may be too soon (for whatever reason-bugs, hosting availibility etc).  Can someone give the pros and cons at this point?  I just learned .net 1.1 and this would be the first time I've ever gone throught this sort of transition.  Also, what was frustrating about 1.1 is that some of the books that first came out had alot of problems with their code working.  Is there an authorotative book out yet with functioning examples?Any help would be ...

.NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 on the same machine
Hi All, I have .NET 2.0 and .NET 1.1 framework on my machine.  Now, I want to uninstall .NET 1.1 to have more free HD space.  Please tell if I can do it without any trouble for the .NET 2.0? Thank you very much.  Pardon me for a newbie question.  elearner Start > Control Panel > Add remove programs > remove .NET Framework 1.1! Im sure its not taking up that much space tho!? :PDavid Kiffhttp://DavidKiff.co.uk-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you -- Hi, Well I don't think it should cause any problem because of them are installed in seper...

coverting from .net 1.1 to .net 2.0
Hi All, Currently I'm facing a problem.I have an application that is built on ..net 1.1 using Vs2003.Its performance is so slow.So i want to add some partial updates to the page.How can I execute this in .net 1.1.In .net 2.0 we can use Ajaxtools, But .net 1.1 does't support ajaxtools.How to solve thgis problem.From where can I start?Please help me I'm struck in the middle.PLease forward me any sample codes You have. Thank you Hi, Why are you using VS2003. Convert your aplication in 2005/8 and use AJAX. Regards, Shahaji UThanks and Regards,Shahaji Udar.MCTS,Pune,IN...

Using .net 2.0 ws in .net 1.1
Hi,I have a ws written in 2.0 that returns a dataset. I need to use this ws in .net 1.1. Seems like having the ws returning typed datasets causing a problem.I am using c# for the ws. Does anyone have any idea ? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks, recruit A web service should be indifferent to which version of ASP.NET is producing and which version is consuming. Please post any error messages and the wsdl produced by the 1.1 consumer. Have you loaded WSE 3.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=018a09fd-3a74-43c5-8ec1-8d789091255d&displaylang=en) and mon...

Web resources about - .Net 1.1 and .Net 2.0 on the same webserver ? - asp.net.dotnetnuke

Apache webserver updated to ignore Do Not Track settings in IE 10
Developers of Apache, the Internet's most widely used webserver application, have released an update that causes websites to ignore privacy settings ...

Nokia's "Raccoon" project turns cellphones into webservers
It's been no secret that Nokia has been working on a mobile web server, lovingly codenamed project "Raccoon," but now they've taken things one ...

Using an Android as a webserver
In the latest episode of XDA TV [Adam Outler] turned his Android phone into a webserver . At first this might sound comical, but the ever-increasing ...

In Those Obamacare Webservers Crashing, the Sound of Tea Party Doom
... exchange sites saw so much traffic from people interested in signing up for Obamacare that they bogged down... and in the sound of those webservers ...

Using WebGL to Render Kinect Webserver Image Data
... for Windows events and developments and preview the futuristic world of touch-free computing Our 1.8 release includes a sample called WebserverBasics-WPF ...

Über stealthy malware infects Apache webservers
Über stealthy malware corrupts legit webservers

Be the Master of Your Own Domain With a DIY Webserver
You don't have to sift through a storm of cloud services to figure out which is right for you ¿ create your very own web server that does whatever ...

Eggcyte: the webserver you can put in your pocket
The Egg is a webserver; a storage device; a Wi-Fi hotspot; and, maybe, a security service. It puts the "mobile" Internet a reality: it fits in ...

Employee "Disciplined" For Installing Bitcoin Software On Federal Webservers
Fluffeh writes "Around a year ago, a person working for the ABC in Australia with the highest levels of access to systems got caught caught with ...

Apache webserver updated to ignore Do Not Track settings in IE10 -> 0
An Apache webserver update has been released that ignores the 'Do Not Track' privacy setting sent from IE. Patch author and Adobe employee Roy ...