DotNetNuke User Guide and Documentation for DNN 2.1.2

New SEO version of Marvin's DotNetNuke User Guides and Documentation are now available free online at http://portals.my-asp.net/Default.aspx?tabid=180.

Part Three of My-ASP.Net's DotNetNuke Portal trilogy - Harmony Skin Design will be available shortly
Use and Enjoy
Marvin
0
MarvinBeezelboff
3/24/2005 8:46:03 PM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-resources 891 articles. 0 followers. Follow

DotNetNuke.mdb.resources not being generated on DNN 2.1.2
Hello, I am experiencing difficulty in getting DNN working on a computer using Windows 2000 Professional, using IIS 5. I am trying to start DNN on a computer with this configuration, but as far as I can get is a blank page with the title in the top of the Browser having: <%= Title %> The application goes not further. I find this bizarre, as I just successfully installed DNN (following all the proper configuration details as per numerous set up instructions) on another computer that uses Windows 2000 Server and another one that used Windows 2000 Professional. The only...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

Dotnetnuke 2.1.2 changing the default for the dnn:texteditor
I wouldl ke to change the default mode from Basic Text Box to  Rich Text Editor for the:dnn:texteditor How do I do this? In the code behind?...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2
I would like to be able to capture where the user selects delete module from the module edit menu is this posible and if so. How?...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2
I have a DotNetNuke 2.1.2 portal setup and have a question about permissions. The directory permissions is set so allusers and it has full access. I tried removing that and allowing only the aspnet accunt to have full access, as well as the iusr account read+execute. However when I do this the portal stops working. I’m concerned with all users having full access this is a huge security hole. I am wondering what the security permissions should be for the dotnetnuke directory. You should only have to set the ASP_Net user to have full control of the directory. All users do not n...

Upgrading from DotNetNuke 2.1.2 to DotNetNuke 3.0.13 can not sign on as admin or host
I have just upgraded from Upgrading from DotNetNuke 2.1.2 to DotNetNuke 3.0.13, however now I can not sign on as either admin or host.. Also after registering as normal client I do not see my tabs that were built using DotNetNuke 2.1.2...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

DNN 2.1.2 DotNetNuke.PurgeUsersOnline error message ... Input string was not in a correct format.
Have been running this site for almost one year without issue. For some reason in the last few weeks we receive this error when the scheduler tries to purge online users. This is the only scheduled task giving an issue. We have moved this site from one box to another in the last six weeks but the server name and IP address remained the same. The SQL server db remained in the same location on a separate server as we are using a cluster. I am not positive but I think the purge has worked correctly site the site move. First - The Log shows a Sheduler Event Failure:THREAD ID: 73TYPE: DotNet...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 Settings
Hello Guys, I have a question and I am sure it is a simple one. I was trying to understand the DNN 2.1.2 as 3.0.7 is the beta version. I created couple of users who will be accessing the portal and there are options to assign roles to these users. Admins and Users with Admin role can configure the Portal, like add new modules and stuff. In that case the changes are visible to all the users. Is there any way, a registered user can configure his workarea or dash board with out affecting the global setting? For eg. If an admin add a new module called Stock, the stock module will be available...

dotNetNuke version 2.1.2
I am using dotNetNuke version 2.1.2 Suddenly I get this error, I dot not understand why this error is raised. As I se it I have not changed his code. Is there anyone who can help me? Why this error?? C:\proj\dotnetduke\DesktopModules\XML\XmlModule.ascx.vb(111): 'Public Sub Load(stylesheet As System.Xml.XmlReader)' is obsolete: 'You should pass evidence to Load() method' C:\proj\dotnetduke\Providers\LoggingProviders\XMLLoggingProvider\XMLLoggingProvider.vb(900): 'Public Sub Transform(input As System.Xml.XPath.IXPathNavigable, args As System.Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList, output ...

problem with dotnetnuke 2.1.2
I am getting the following error message on my home system "it appears your menu.dll is out of synch with your script file" how do I get it to work again? This happens when compiling from raw code, and when just using the website..... Jarrad it's caused when your temporary internet folder is using an older version. Do a page reload via Ctrl+F5 to force a fresh download, and the problem goes away Cathal yes that works... damn I normally clear out cached files.. but for some reason didn't think that that was the problem this time <sigh/>. Thanks cathal ...

I need DotNetNuke 2.1.2 ?!?!
hi I need to run DotNetNuke using a "Mysql data provider" , after a googling I fund "MySqlDataProvider for DotNetNuke 2.1.2" by "Geert Veenstra" that possibly will solve my problem , but it  works only with "DotNetNuke 2.1.2" and I think it's not available at official DotNetNuke web site(I could not find older than 3.x) .can anyone (please!) help me to find that version or lead me to other "MySqlDataProvider for DotNetNuke" that works with newer versions ?!  Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post(s) that helped you. 2.1.2 is available on the of...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Web resources about - DotNetNuke User Guide and Documentation for DNN 2.1.2 - asp.net.dotnetnuke-resources

GNU Free Documentation License - Wikipedia
GNU Free Documentation License ( GFDL eller GNU FDL ) är en upphovsrättslig licens vars syfte är att befrämja spridning och utveckling av textdokument. ...

Facebook Tweaks Documentation For Developers
Facebook continued its focus on developers with its release Thursday of improved documentation for FQL and the software-development kits for ...

Making Our Documentation Better
Over the past several months, our engineering team has been working on improving the quality of our documentation. Today, we are excited to announce ...

Facebook shares new documentation for local currency pricing, sets migration for Q3
Facebook today provided updates regarding its transition from Credits to local currency pricing. The company offered new documentation for game ...

Emergent Documentation: One way that Agile is very different from Waterfall.
(from a 2012 email) One of the questions I always get around the use of Agile is, how do you do the documentation? Many people are very uncomfortable ...

BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store on ...
Get BIMx Pro - Building Information Model eXplorer for complete project documentations on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read ...

Documentation in Software Development
There is currently a trend to produce “just enough” documentation in software development. We should however not forgot that what we might estimate ...

The Documentation Dilemma
Back when 37signals was consulting, we gradually weaned ourselves off of documentation. It’s normal practice in the design world to produce lots ...

Apple publishes OS X Mavericks and iOS 7 Core Technologies Overview documentation
A new developer document posted to Apple’s website today details the technologies that power OS X Mavericks. The 36-page document includes information ...

Facebook Releases ThreatExchange API Documentation
... information about malware and other security threats, and the social network announced Friday that the application-programming-interface documentation ...