3.2.2 Vertical TreeView Menus and File Manager Treeview missing

I am using a clean install of 3.2.2 on XP Pro.  Everything appears to have installed correctly but when I change the skin to a vertical tree menu, the menus do not appear.  Also, the folder tree is missing in the file manager.  I have searched the forums for a solution, but I did not find anything.

The container header appears, but no navigation tree.  Please let me know what additional information is needed to help debug this issue.

0
ldace
1/3/2006 3:19:32 PM
asp.net.dotnetnuke-resources 891 articles. 0 followers. Follow

check your Log Viewer as host to see if any errors are thrown.
Chris Paterra

0
thecrispy1
1/4/2006 12:24:52 PM

I have checked the log I do not see a repeatable error that occurs when I browse to the page with the vertical tree.  but I did see an error that occurred 3 times in a row in the log.

  1/3/2006 10:18:28 AM   Page Load Exception   host     AssemblyVersion: 03.02.02; Method: DotNetNuke.Services.L ...
AssemblyVersion: 03.02.02
Method: DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetResource
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
PortalID: 0
PortalName: My Website
UserID: 1
UserName: host
ActiveTabID: 36
ActiveTabName: Home
AbsoluteURL: /dnn_322T2/Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer:
http://localhost/dnn_322T2/TestVertMenu/tabid/53/Default.aspx
ExceptionGUID: aa83a82f-67c8-4b0a-9ef8-78df13d02137
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetResource(String ResourceFileRoot, PortalSettings objPortalSettings, String strLanguage) at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetString(String name, String ResourceFileRoot, PortalSettings objPortalSettings, String strLanguage) at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.GetString(String name, String ResourceFileRoot) at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.LocalizeTabStripDetails(ArrayList arrTabStripDetails) at DotNetNuke.Services.Localization.Localization.LocalizePortalSettings() at DotNetNuke.Framework.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
StackTrace:
Source:
Server Name: MYServer

This error only occurred 3 times and does not occur when browsing to the page.  someone who is very knowledgable about the navigation code took a look at my resulting HTML and said that "it appears that a $ is being placed in the ids of your controls instead of the normal _."  Such as:

<DIV class=DNNTree id=dnn$dnnTreeView$ctldnnTreeView

We are still investigating why.  Any ideas?

0
ldace
1/4/2006 4:20:15 PM
Okay, I have a solution.  The short story is that there appears to be an issue with DNN 3.2.2 and ASP.NET 2.0.  When I switched to ASP.NET 1.1. The vertical tree menus were present.  It has been recommended to me that if I want to use .NET 2.0 then I should use DNN 4.0.2.  Many thanks to Jon Henning for the help in finding the solution.
0
ldace

3.2.0 Treeview Control not working in file manager
Can anyone help with this?Using 3.2Treewiew works in places like Host -> Lists but not file manager.When i go to File manager in Admin or Host and i try to expand the portal root or host root no subdirectories appear. I know that DotNetNuke Navigation Controls changed from 3.1.1 to 3.2. Is anyone having this issue with file manager?-------------------------------------------Nevermind. I did some testing and found the problem to be XepientSolutions XSKeepAlive and/or XepientSolutions ViewState. I will log a helpdesk ticket with them and see what the fix is.I did have file manger excluded f...

2.3.2 .dmg file (for Mac) contains 2.3.1
FYI: After getting the "you're running an older version" message, downloading and installing the 2.3.2 .dmg file (Mac), I found that I was still getting the error message -- looking deeper, I found that the installed version announces itself as 2.3.1, and looking into the downloaded package, "get info" and the info.plist file revealed that it was, in fact, 2.3.1 --- looks like something in the distribution pipeline went wrong. Already filed a big report. -- In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In<fnord> practice, t...

Attachments Missing Migrating 2.2 on Linux to 3.2.3 on Windows IIS6
I have been trying to migrate an existing Bugzilla 2.2 installation on a Linux server over to a new Windows 2003 installation. I basically installed all the components and then create the a new Bugs database and restore my slqdump from the old Linux installation. I then run the checksetup.pl and it upgrades the database and everything completes successfully. The Bugzilla site works great and all the bugs in the database appear to be there. The problem that I have noticed is that about 25% of the bugs that had attachments show the attachments as being deleted. When I check the a...

DNN 3.2.2. Resource File Verifier error
When I add one more language I get this error and what can I do about this: Error: Resource File Verifier is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1. at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlReader.MoveToContent() at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(XmlReader reader, Boolean denyResolving) at System.Data.DataSet.ReadXml(String fileName) at DotNetNuke.Services.Local...

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

error after upgrading Bugzilla from 3.2.2 to 3.2.3
Hi, I have two Windows Server 2003 machines running Bugzilla 3.2.2 + Testopia 2.2, one is production and the other is for test, both have same configuration. I tried to upgrade it with patch file bugzilla-3.2.2-to-3.2.3.diff.gz, and my steps are: 1) Shut down your Bugzilla installation by putting some HTML or text in the shutdownhtml parameter 2) untar the .diff file and use unix2dos.exe to replace Unix line feed characters with Windows carriage returns 3) run the command: path -p1 < bugzilla-3.2.2-to-3.2.3.diff 4) run the command: perl checksetup.pl 5) remove the text of shut...

Difference Between 3.2.0 and 3.2.2?
Does anywhere know where the spec differences between 3.2.0 and 3.2.2 are located? I have searched the DNN site, but can't find them, or are overlooking them. I thought they would be in the documentation but didn't see them anywhere. Short answer is there were plenty of bug fixes and the upgrade is simple. Recommend that you upgrade. mikez...

Testopia 2.2 and Bugzilla 3.2.3
Hi All, Currently I am using bugzilla 2.22.2 and testopia 1.2.2. Now I want to upgrade to Bugzilla 3.2.3 and Testopia 2.2. I have gone through the upgradation process, but i didn't understand what I am doing is correct way or not. Can you please let me know is it right or wrong? Here my steps: --------------------- 1. Currently bugzilla 2.22.2 and testopia is running. 2. went to /usr/local/www/data/bugzilla/ folder.. 3. un the following command patch -p2 -R testopia/patch-2.22 4. Then untar the bugzilla-3.2.3 tar file. 5. rename the bugzilla folder to bugzilla.bak 6....

treeview control made with VS.NET 2003 for DNN 2.1.2
Clicking on the first root node works fine , but when I click on any other node, the following error occurs: Failed to load viewstate. The control tree into which viewstate is being loaded must match the control tree that was used to save viewstate during the previous request. For example, when adding controls dynamically, the controls added during a post-back must match the type and position of the controls added during the initial request. Anyone know how to avoid this error. I tried turning off viewstate in the control, but that didn't appear to help resolve this error. Thanks, ...

I ran CVS update from 3.2.3 to 3.2.4, but still display 3.2.3
Hi, On Windows Server with Bugzilla 3.2.3 I ran: cvs update -R -d -rBugzilla_Stable I thought I was updating to 3.2.4. When I log in, I still see 3.2.3. Did I do something incorrectly? Thanks, Yuri Have you run checksetup.pl since the cvs update command? This is required. - Brian Small -----Original Message----- From: support-bugzilla-bounces+bsmall=3Dnwlogic.com@lists.mozilla.org [mailto:support-bugzilla-bounces+bsmall=3Dnwlogic.com@lists.mozilla.org] On Behalf Of Yuri Ivanov Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 10:31 AM To: support-bugzilla@lists.mozilla.org Subject: I ran...

From 2.1.2 to 3.2 ?
Hi everyone!I've been away from DNN for quite some time, feels good to be back. Hi to anyone who remembers me. Just starting to look at taking our intranet portal from 2.1.2 to, I guess, 3.2. We have 3rd party modules and custom code. Is there a best practice for the upgrade/migration? Just looking for some guidelines. Thanks in advance. I'm no expert, but I too had a 2.12 site in which I migrated to 3.1.1While researching the migration, many suggested that I had to remove all of my third party modules first.  Then perform the upgrade.  Then add as many third party DNN 3.x mod...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

Smoke [5.12.2] v5.12.2-3-g4ffae9c FAIL(F) MSWin32 WinXP/.Net SP3 (x86/2 cpu) #3
Automated smoke report for 5.12.2 patch 4ffae9cec64e9dd4150c249b8d63bdceb4e= 65fb2 v5.12.2-3-g4ffae9c maldoror.bath.planit.group: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz(~2660 MHz= ) (x86/2 cpu) on MSWin32 - WinXP/.Net SP3 using bcc32 version 5.5.1 smoketime 6 hours 49 minutes (average 40 minutes 59 seconds) Summary: FAIL(F) O =3D OK F =3D Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X =3D Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? =3D still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - =3D unknown or N/A c =3D Configure, m =3D...

Web resources about - 3.2.2 Vertical TreeView Menus and File Manager Treeview missing - asp.net.dotnetnuke-resources

Search Marketing Services - Search Engine Marketing Company - Vertical Leap
For ten years Vertical Leap has led the way with fully inclusive search marketing campaigns, bringing customers reach, results and return

Vertical stabilizer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The vertical stabilizers , vertical stabilisers , or fins , of aircraft , missiles or bombs are typically found on the aft end of the fuselage ...

New Vertical Offering from Umbel Focuses on Customer Data from Facebook, Other Social Networks
Data outfit Umbel is gearing up for the holiday shopping season with a new vertical offering aimed at helping brands own customer data, gain ...

Facebook hires: Sydney vertical leads, data tools engineer, finance manager, more
Facebook removed 38 positions from its careers page this week, likely after making hires in the areas of sales, HR, finance and user operations, ...

#TheRallyTakeover - We control the horizontal. We control the vertical
We control the horizontal. We control the vertical

Vertical PR (@VerticalPR) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Vertical PR @ VerticalPR ...

Vertical Media GmbH
Welcome to the company profile of Vertical Media GmbH on LinkedIn. WHO WE ARE Vertical Media is a Berlin-based publishing house for the digital ...

What's the best way to create a vertical-specific Hacker News clone? - Quora
I actually wrote a vertical HN clone from scratch, called http://Newsley.com . We started off building an HN for economic and financial news. ...

The New York Times Is Developing New Lifestyle Verticals, Including a Movies-and-TV Product
The New York Times is working on a new digital product focused on movies and TV, among other new lifestyle verticals, CEO Mark Thompson announced ...

'Vertical farm' in Anchorage finally gets its greens to market - Alaska Dispatch News
Alaska Natural Organics made its first delivery of living basil Thursday, marking the beginning of what owner Jason Smith says is a larger effort ...