When creating a new module no sqldataprovider created

I did the following:
website --> add new item -->dotnetnuke module
renamed .modulename to ... someModule, for example.
Clicked add.

Most of the "stuff" that I will need (according to the book I have) is then added, and I rename the module to someModule in AppCode and DeskTopModules, as per the instructions on the help page that pops up.

However, in the DeskTopModules inside the new someModule directory, there is no someModule.sqldataprovider.

What have I missed in creating this new module, that this required item is not being created?

0
Taisho

From the HOST menu select "Module Definitions"
Click the small down arrow in the upper left hand corner of the Module Definitions menu and select "Add New Module"
Select "GuestBook.dnn" in the Module Manifest drop-down and click Install

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
7/20/2006 2:08:23 AM
Your replying to the wrong post. Please remove.

0
Taisho
7/20/2006 2:18:57 PM
Does anyone have a reply remotely connected with my question?

0
Taisho
7/20/2006 2:43:39 PM
Some more details if it helps:
01.00.00.sqldataprovider is there, but TestMod.sqldataprovider is not.
Book says run sql script for TestMod.sqldataprovider, then run script for 01.00.00.sqldataprovider.
The script for 01.00.00.sqldataprovider runs; however, the script for TestMod.sqldataprovider cannot be run, because it does not exist.

System notes: OS = Windows 2003 Server with Sp1. Hardware = Dell 3100 Pentium 4 with 2 gigabytes of memory. The system is part of a domain, but not a domain controller.

0
Taisho
7/20/2006 5:49:44 PM

Taisho:
Your replying to the wrong post. Please remove.

No need to dismiss adefwebserver's post so quickly.  Take the tutorial offered at his website to solve your problem. (notice the DAL and DAL+?  That's what your question is referring to.)

0
ecktwo
7/20/2006 6:32:40 PM

Taisho:
Your replying to the wrong post. Please remove.

Wow that's kinda harsh. Especially considering that the Starter Kit was changed and it no longer creates the SQL Module settings file. That is why it's not there anymore.

The solution is to instead use the .dnn file that is created and use that instead.

Now, if I am still wrong then please indicate why.

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
7/21/2006 1:24:47 PM

Taisho:
Does anyone have a reply remotely connected with my question?

Actually I do... nevermind :)

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver
7/21/2006 1:28:51 PM

Wow that's kinda harsh. Especially considering that the Starter Kit was changed and it no longer creates the SQL Module settings file. That is why it's not there anymore.

The solution is to instead use the .dnn file that is created and use that instead.

Thanks...this answers my quesiton.
However, my response about thinking you were responding to the wrong post above was not an insult, nor was it harsh...I literally thought you meant to respond to a different post. I figured someone else had asked a question, and you meant to respond to that person but put it in this thread instead by mistake.

I could have worded it better, I suppose, though. IE: I could have said "Did you mean to respond to someone elses post?". Thereore I aplogize for the overbearing tone of my message, and the complete uselessness of my following message.

0
Taisho
7/24/2006 5:39:50 PM
ok no problem :)

SilverlightDesktop.net

A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
0
adefwebserver

There is already a Module with this name. You cannot create a new Module with the same name.
Hi I upgraded ,y DNN site from 3.0.12 to 3.0.1. When I try to create new module definition in Host -> Module definition I keep getting this error message There is already a Module with this name. You cannot create a new Module with the same name. Any one else get the same ? Classifieds, Events, News and Quiz module for DotNetNuke Yeah - i had this one.  It was also during a 3.012 to 3.10 upgrade. That error message is the default 'fall-back' error message that is displayed when the 'add' method falls over for whatever reason - not necessarily reflecting the actual pr...

help in creating new module in dotnetnuke
hi, i want help in using dotnetnuke. i devlop one with it.but i m unable to create new modules with it. can i add my aspx pages with it. how can i make transactions with my tables in access database. plz any body wjho have it's knowledge help me. can i use ajax in it. thanks in advance.......................(Shaikhu) As you are using DotNetNuke, you should sign up with the dedicated DotNetNuke Forums.  If you ask your questions there, you will receive answers from developers who know DotNetNuke very well. Alister...

How can i create new Modules for DotNetNuke
Hi, How can i create new modules for DotNetNuke websites? We are thinking about hosting DotNetNuke and really need a way users can totally modify their webpages look. We would also like to make our own modules and upload them to DotNetNuke. Is there a way? Replacing bunch of aspx and css pages on IIS doesnt sound very attractive to me. Thanks- and sorry about the qwerty account J. Check the \(DotNetNuke folder)\Documentation\Public folder for the DotNetNuke Module Developer's Guide.  It's a good start. This site is an invaluable resource for creating modules...

As to create a new module inside DotNetNuke
hi I have a problem I have realized a seplice page asp.net that him interface with index server (system that indexes the whole files) so that to seek the present files in the briefcase Portals/0 / of DoteNetNuke. Now as I can climb on my application in dotnetnuke. this tried but help doesn't work. marcomix, I'm guessing that English isn't your native language and that you used a translator to convert your question into English. The only problem is that it makes no sense now. I can see that it has to do with index server indexing the files in the portals/0/ directory but tha...

Problem with DotNetNuke Application (Creating a new Module)
Hello friends, i have created a new module in DotNetNuke application. the page is only having one textbox and one button. in "View Mode", problem is when i type something in the textbox and press the button, the value of the textbox is get cleared!!! when i am in "Edit Mode" every thing is fine. what would be the problem? pls help me A dedicated DNN forum exists over at: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/tabid/795/Default.aspx.  This might be the best place to get help with your DNN questions.Mike Banavige~~~~~~~~~~~~Need a site code sample in a different language? ...

Creating new module error in VS.NET 2003
I downloaded DNN 3.1.1, unzipped it into c:\DotNetNuke, created an IIS application from that directory and DNN works fine.  However, if I want to build a new module and open the DotNetNuke.DesktopModules.sln and I get a bunch of messages like "DotNetNuke.Announcements.vbproj" the system cannot find the specified path.  If I search it is not in the directory.  I get a bunch of these.  Any ideas what is wrong?  Or is there a different way to create modules in 3.1.1?ThanksC see: http://www.dotnetnuke.dk/Default.aspx?PageContentMode=1&tabid=209SilverlightDesktop.n...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

Dot Net Nuck Easy create new module
    hi, every body i need any one help me to find easy manner or article explain how to use dot net nuck to making new module with example.thanks ,all Try the Module Tutorial - it's hands on and you can download it for free... I would definitely start off with DNN 4.3.1Rodney hello i'm still face serious problem in making new module using dotnetnukei succeeded in creating sample of the article and other one using vb but i face aserious problem that is i working in very large project with c# language and i have a number of user controls contains basic fanctionality of the ...

create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005
Hi every body , i'm new with dotnetnuke and i want to create new module using vs 2005,i've install dotnetnuke using the instruction in this article     - ShowPostbut i want to complete module creation using  vs 2005.any help please see: Creating a DotNetNuke® Module For absolute beginners! SilverlightDesktop.net A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows. hi adefwebserver, thanks for your answeri've read this article before , its using visual web developer (visual studio express) and sqlserver express as envir...

Trouble Creating New Module For Portal with VS.NET 2003
I'm uncertain as to how to create a new module in the portal starter kit with Visual Studio.NET and i received this error when trying to add the module to a new tab via the administration tab controls. If this question should be addressed elsewhere, please let me know. Thanks. Paul Server Error in '/Portal' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Specified cast is not valid. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more informati...

subject:- create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005
subject:- create new module in dotnetnuke using vs 2005body:-    hi every body , i'm new in dotnetnuke , and i want to create new module using vs 2005    there are some articles in this field but using visual stodio express,     i want to create this module in vs 2005    any help please HelloThere are quite a few posts addressing this - here is a step by step tutorial.Rodney Hi mosbah, you can find a more advanced tutorial on my site: http://vladan.strigo.net under the projects section   HTHThanks, Vladan StrigoMy webs...

Creating New Modules
Please tell me the else can you create a module other than creating a PA. I use to be able to create a new module in the DesktopModule folder and bring the new module into DNN, but now I have to import the module in order to get a new module I create into DNN. What change in 2.0 that only allows for new modules to be imported? Thanks, Kai Wen...

Creating a new module
I tried creating a new module usin the inbuyspy portal and using the "Building an ASP.NET Intranet" book as reference. I've done all the needed steps to create and publish the module in my local portal. Btw, the new module is called "Books". However, when I click the tab where I added my new (custom) module I get the following error message in Internet Explorer... Server Error in '/PortalVBVS' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a ...

Create New Module
Hi everybody I am Jaya Chandra. I need documentation for how to create a new module and how to add user controls and web forms. any body knows pls send me. Jaya chandra.C DotNet Developer There are some templates that plug into Visual Studio .net 2003 located at http://lacolla.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=66 matchbxmatchbx There is also the survey module that comes with the source code. This module is available but was not included in the compiled version. matchbxmatchbx If you wish to work in c# then try http://beta.dotnetnuke.dkVi...

Web resources about - When creating a new module no sqldataprovider created - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Bazaar - Alternative Windows Phone marketplace for homebrew applications DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK_EventLogMaster' in database ...

DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK_EventLogMaster' in database ...

DotNetNuke – Data Access Layer Alternative
... alternative method of providing this same functionality. You see, the only reason for creating the DataProvider abstract class and the SqlDataProvider ...

Yii Framework 2.0 API Documentation
Toggle navigation Yii Framework 2.0 API Documentation Class reference Extensions apidoc authclient bootstrap codeception composer debug elasticsearch ...

DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The transaction log for database 'DNNINTERPROD' is full. To find out why space in the log cannot ...

DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK_EventLogMaster' in database 'azcourts' because ...

DotNetNuke
Message: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.EventLog'.'PK_EventLogMaster' in database ...

DotNetNuke Modules – Advanced Architecture
-*+So far we’ve done all of our development assuming that we are developing our module for internal use. To be fair, that’s what most of you ...