What's wrong with DNN3.2.1 and 3.2.2?

I've written a module which do some things and also logs in a user and adds him to role. There are some modules on the UserPage with visibility set for this role, so after redirecting to UserPage these module should be visible. On DNN3.1.1 and 3.2.0 everything works fine but on 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 there is 1-2 minutes delay before these modules can appear (I'm refreshing again and again).

So what's wrong with 3.2.1 and 3.2.2? Or what's wrong with my module? Can you help me, please?
0
Miroo

I was suspecting Visibility class because it has changed but I can't find any usage of the class in DNN. Maybe there is something in configuration files? But definitely not in web.config, because it is not replaced during upgrade. Any hints?

TIA
Miroo
0
Miroo
1/3/2006 8:52:42 PM
Since I couldn't find the reason of this weird behaviour I had to circumvent the problem by doing signoff the user and log him in again. Now it works but I'm not really satisfied :(
0
Miroo

From 2.1.2 to 3.1 or 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 to 3.1

Never done upgrade before. Have a 2.1.2 site w/many custom (purchased) modules, some of which are no longer supported. Don't see *any* info in 3.1 install docs for 2.1.2 upgrade?
Hey folks: I'm about to try something very scary, and I've spent the last 5 or so hours reading DNN 3.1 docs and doing searches here (sure which the search worked better, like allowed sort by date??).  Anyway, I don't see *any* info on updating a 2.1.2 site to a 3.1 site.  The only examples all have machine key stuff and other stuff that's not an issue (or is it?) w/2.1.2 Here's the situation: 1 I have localhost access to the site via remote desktop 2. I have disconnected backed up data and log files and reconnected 3. I have made a copy of the virtual folder. No...

DNN 3.2.1 & 3.2.2
I swear I looked everywhere... can't seem to find an answer to this. In the action menu of a module, when trying to move it "content pane" or "left pane" etc... clicking the menu does nothing...   wondering if anyone else has this issue and has solved it. Thankfully, I can still drag and drop it... just can't use the menu. Thanks everyone! this is an error in 3.2.1, and should work in 3.2.2 cheers, erikErik van Ballegoij, The Netherlands...

DotNetNuke 2.1.2 #2
Is DotNetNuke 2.1.2 compatible with SQL Server 2005? Do I need to upgrade to 3.x or 4.x with SQL Server 2005?...

From 2.1.2 to 3.2 ?
Hi everyone!I've been away from DNN for quite some time, feels good to be back. Hi to anyone who remembers me. Just starting to look at taking our intranet portal from 2.1.2 to, I guess, 3.2. We have 3rd party modules and custom code. Is there a best practice for the upgrade/migration? Just looking for some guidelines. Thanks in advance. I'm no expert, but I too had a 2.12 site in which I migrated to 3.1.1While researching the migration, many suggested that I had to remove all of my third party modules first.  Then perform the upgrade.  Then add as many third party DNN 3.x mod...

DotNetNuke 3.2 module with Schwarz's Ajax.dll 5.7.22.2
Can someone please help me? I am trying to add Ajax functionality to a DotNetNuke 3.2 module using Schwarz's Ajax.dll (v5.7.22.2). When I use the DNNStub application my module works like a champ, but when I run it in the DotNetNuke environment I get a javascript error on the line where my Ajax function is called. What can I do? Thanks. Please provide additional information. What was the javascript error you got?~ Innovative Modules @ Inspector IT~ I Blog @ CTO 2.0 Please describe more and be sure to have the latest version DNN 3.2.1 installed.-------------------------------------Be Simp...

Differences DotNetNuke 2.1.2 and 3.1.3
Hi all, I am currently in a research fase about DotNetNuke. I have been searching a lot to find differences between DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 and DotNetNuke version 3.1.3. On the website DotNetNuke.com is much information about DotNetNuke 3.1.3 and how good it is and where to use it for, but not really some list about what functions it has. There is a list of bugs that are known and solved etc. at support.dotnetnuke.com but not a list with it's functions and possibilities. About DotNetNuke version 2.1.2 is really not much information to find. Every page I find tells DotNetNuke v.2...

DotNetNuke Upgrade 2.1.2 to 3.0.13 can't edit html modules
Ok I upgrade my 2.1.2 to 3.0.13. Site is really important because it actually makes money but I really need the advantage of friendly urls blah blah blah I uninstall all my custom modules except my PA Faq's from dotnetjedi that is really the heart of my site. I of course did a test upgrade on a different machine and I was able to leave that one custom module installed, upgrade, the module broke of course, then I uploaded the dnn 3 version and it worked :) So anyway I now do the upgrade on my live site and it upgrades just like it did on the test machine, except this time I noticed that the...

updated 1.2.2 to 2.0.1 but still shows 1.2.2
I just reinstalled the SBS 6 with the NW6 SP3 Overly cd and i put web access, iprint, dhcp/dns, naas on the initial install. I then proceded to upgrade edir to 8.7.1 ( i updated jvm and the other stuff that 8.7.1 required first) and everything went great. I then udated imanager from 1.2.2. to 2.0.1 and the install went as expected no errors or anything. Here is the problem when i surf to iManager with internet exploder 6 it shows me i am using 1.2.2. I read the instructions and they talk about some migrating but the direction don't match imanager 1.2.2 (i assume they are reffe...

Apache HTTP Server 2.2.6, 2.0.61 and 1.3.39 'mod_status' Cross-Site Scripting Vulnerability
Bugtraq ID: 27237 Class: Input Validation Error CVE: CVE-2007-6388 Remote: Yes Local: No Published: Jan 10 2008 12:00AM Updated: Jan 11 2008 07:29PM Credit: The vendor disclosed this vulnerability. Not Vulnerable: Apache Software Foundation Apache 2.2.7-dev Apache Software Foundation Apache 2.0.62-dev Apache Software Foundation Apache 1.3.40-dev http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/27237 -- "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." ...

from 2.0.3 to 2.1.2
Updated from 2.0.3 to 2.1.2 no skin Menu no longer functions. Only some images from menu load. Several attempts and hours later I cannot seem to find why the thing compiles without a problem and menu does not function. Are you using core Solpart menu? Are you doing anything via css or flash that may interfere with the z-index? Have you attempted using a default skin on another tab? Chris Paterra ...

FAQ's Module for DNN 2.1.2
Does anyone know where I can download this module for DNN2.1.2 I have the 2.1.2 DNN zip file and looked in Desk top Modules, but in the FAQ file there is no FAQ zip for installation ? Can anyone advise me? Thanks... Dnnwhat       The FAQ module should be pre-installed. On a tab, select FAQs from the module dropdownlist....

Release of Bugzilla 2.18.6, 2.20.3, 2.22.1, and 2.23.3
We have many releases for you, today! Bugzilla 2.18.6 and 2.20.3 are security-fix releases for our older branches. Bugzilla 2.22.1 is our first bugfix release in the 2.22 series, and contains many useful fixes that improve the experience of using Bugzilla. Finally, we are releasing an unstable development snapshot, Bugzilla 2.23.3. This snapshot has both custom fields and mod_perl support, but has not been tested as thoroughly as our other releases. The 2.23 series will eventually culminate in Bugzilla 3.0. Users of the 2.18.x series should note that 2.18.x will r...

Web resources about - What's wrong with DNN3.2.1 and 3.2.2? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules