Users Managing Users

I need to create groups of users (Distributors) and in those groups,
allow one of them to be able to create new users for that group.
Each Distributor managing their own group of users.

I am wondering if this could or should be a module or should I start hacking the source.?

0
netname

For this instance, I'd say create yourself a custom module.  The "hack the source" approach tends to introduce issues over time.  :-)
Bill Knaus

Blog: http://life.billknaus.com/blogs/ymmv/

Website: http://billknaus.com/

0
BKdotNet

New User Registration Module, but what about "User Manager" in admin?
If I decide to write my own user login/register module, I will still have the problem that the User Manager in the Administration area ("Admin" menu), will have no clue about these new extra fields that I want to add. Can I manage this in any other way that to change the core (which I would try to avoid). I guess Personalization won't save me here or will it? /Patrik Johansson Come to think of it, this was probably a very stupid question as the "User Accounts" in the Admin area most likely use the exact same module as the one used by ordinary users to create new acco...

Manage Users For This Role / Manage Roles For This User Question
In the roles/user management pages there is a link called Manage Users For This Role and Manage Roles For This User respectively. I want non Admins to be able to see these pages, and currently I have it so that they can see the manage users and manage roles pages. However, when a non admin clicks on Manage Users For This Role or Manage Roles For This User link it does not display the control, just an empty page. I can get around this by giving edit rights to the page, but I do not want them to have edit rights for the page. Any ideas? Thanks  ...

DLU, "user management", user login and user source
I see I can disable the ZCM user login as discussed in the following documentation: 'Novell Documentation' (http://www.novell.com/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/?page=/documentation/zcm10/zcm10_system_admin/data/bebfrq5.html) If I choose to disable the "user management" on the Agent, does that do the same thing? With User Management disabled, what else does that prevent? I am not assigning ANY bundles or policies to users - only to workstations. I do have a dynamic local user (dlu) policy assigned to workstations so I must have "User Source&quo...

Managing users
Hi! Can someone tell me, I don´t get this with authorized and unauthorized users. When I´m registering users manualy, I mark the checkbox for them as authorized users, but when I click on the linkbutton "Unauthorized" in the users list, all of the authorized users show up as if they were unauthorized, but the userlist gives the value "True" under the Authorized column. Have i missed something? Hi Pehu, No, you haven't missed anything. With the current design of the code this will happen until the user logs in for the first time as a ne...

User Management not dispalying users
When attempting to do an advanced search for users under User Management in the iFolder Management web interface, I am unable to find any users to configure. The context has been set in the Global Settings. The server is running NW 6.5 SP5. LDAP looks like it is configured correctly and I have it setup to use ports 389 and 636 (went with defaults during the install). Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get the search working? Chris Chris, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has ...

Manage users and roles for users
Hi. I want to know how can i manage my users and users roles on my hosted website. I want that admin controls (when i log in as admin) allow me to change users roles and other stuff. Any1 have any guide or know any website that teach how to create a "admin.aspx" page to manage users and roles? thx Do you have the schema ready ? If yes, are you willing to change the schema ? Are you using ASP.NET 2.0 ? If yes, you can easily do this using the administration tool in ASP.NET 2.0.                 &n...

Active Directory & SQL list of users with managers and managers with users
I have been tasked with some authentication/access items and know there is an easy way to do this within AD but don't know where to start.  What I have set up is a OU called Test Users within an OU called Sales within our main domain.  Within the OU=Test Users there are several security groups having as many as 100 or as little as one person in them.  The goup names are Manager, Regional Mgr, Sales Reps.  A Sales Rep can have a Regional Mgr and a Regional Mgr has a Manager.  There are some cases where a Sales Rep does not have a Regional Mgr and then is associate...

manage default user profile for all users
We're are halfway through a rollout of all new machines (W2K SP3). I just discovered that you can change the default user profile to a custom one by copying over the default user profile in W2k. This could save me tons of time, as it takes care of all the nitpicky stuff (IE6, Office 2k, media player, etc) that one has to setup for each user. Unfortunately, we've already ghosted our machines with the standard default user profile (and I'm not planning on going back and reloading a custom profile on each machine). My question is this. Is it possible using z...

User-Management
hi all info: 6.5sp2 want to configure our i-folder for user-access.but in user-mgnt. / adv. search cant find any users, no all user, no ifolder-user,... so i tested with the following : checked the search ldap-context, correct in user-mgnt add new ifolder-user and then over adv. search test the new user for searching: no entry. how i can solve this ? thanks for any help ! regards david Dklark02, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved?...

Managing Users over .NET Management Website on different PCs
Hi,we are using Wed Developer Express 2005 on one PC to develop our website. The user and role management we are doing over the .NET website.No we hae installed Web Developer Express 2008 on another PC and also the other user should be able to manage the users and roles. But we always get a connection error to the Rsa provider.Can you please give me an idea what to do? Greetz, Chris  You dont tell us how you are running the site is it on a local iis or a hosted server and the same with the sql database? I take it that each machine has the website loaded in vwd and then you are u...

Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)
Hi when i try and open a database in sql server management studio i get the error "Cannot open user default database. Login failed. Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\User'. (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)", what can i do to rectify this, i have googled around and still havent found no answers. Which authentication mode is your Sql Server configured - MixedMode, Windows Authentication or Sql Server Authentication? Please refer to http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms366351.aspx and http://blogs.msdn.com/sql_protocols/archive/2006/02/21/536201.aspx    Ple...

edir user attributes and IManager user Management
Hello! Please help to find some user's object eDir attribute names that are "connected" to IManager (ver 2.6 ) fields on Users, Groups/Users/User Object Change (I translated my localized item names in my IManager) Particularly I need fields under "User Profile": Personal Info | Home Phone Numbers | Phone and Mobile fields Business Info | Phone Numbers| Phone and Mobile fields When I will know attributes for these fields I hope to map its to GroupWise PhoneBook. Thanks, Vladimir A simple way to map your user attribute names to the...

User Management for not-yet-activated user accounts
Isn't there some way - besides logging in as each user - to edit specific client policies *before* users log in for the first time to activate their accounts? I'm not talking about global settings, either. Example: 22 users enabled for iFolder access. Global Client Policies call for: Encryption - On, Enforced Save Password - Off, Enforced Save Pass Phrase - Off, Enforced Recover Pass Phrases - On Automatic Sync - On, Enforced For (6) users, I want to turn off enforcement of Automatic Sync. However, out of the box, it...

Linux User Management install as user other than admin
I'm trying to create a group with the appropriate rights to perform the LUM installation. We want other employees to be able to perform the install of the LUM on new servers, but don't necessarily want to give them the admin login to eDirectory. I tried creating a group, making that group a supervisor to the OU where the server should be added, and adding the user to that group. It gives me the following error: Creating the Unix Config object...Insufficient access I tried giving the group rights to the current Unix Config object as well, but still get the same error. This...

Web resources about - Users Managing Users - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Managing editor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A managing editor is a senior member of a publication 's management team. In the United States , a managing editor oversees and coordinates ...

Nimble 3.0 Allows Brands To Be More Nimble In Managing Facebook Relationships
Customer-relationship-management tool Nimble announced the release of Nimble 3.0 , with updates highlighted by the Today Screen, a new homepage ...

Upgraded Tools for Creating and Managing Facebook Ads
The updated versions of Power Editor and Ads Manager make it easier to create, edit and track Facebook ads. See the new tools.

Facebook hires and departures: designer and managing editor leave, Legit team hired
Facebook had some fairly high profile departures this week, with designer Rasmus Andersson joining Dropbox and managing editor Dan Fletcher announcing ...

Supervision: Managing for Results: An Application for Studying on the Go on the App Store on iTunes
Get Supervision: Managing for Results: An Application for Studying on the Go on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer ...

Managing the Bailout, 12 February 2009
rappaportcenter's Managing the Bailout, 12 February 2009 set

Mr. Magazineā„¢ Minute: Matt Bean, SI.com Managing Editor - YouTube
Matt Bean, managing editor of SI.com, tells Samir "Mr. Magazineā„¢" Husni the secrets behind the success of Sports Illustrated and SI.com in today's ...

Cisco A/NZ appoints Boal as managing director
Cisco A/NZ appoints Boal as managing director ARNnet The appointment comes in the wake of previous managing director, Richard Kitts, moving ...

Challenge of treating and managing most common diseases goes global
The figures in the latest WHO report on non-communicable diseases are nothing short of confronting.

Managing executive pay (04:31)
Asciano chairman and BHP Billiton director Malcolm Broomhead says the reward structure for executives needs to be simplified as boards come to ...