Use GetList to populate a DropDownList?

I'm having a heck of a time finding the way to populate a DropDownList in a custom module with the information from a common list within DNN.  Does anyone know how to accomplish this?  I can't find anything on this topic, surprisingly.

Thanks!

DDB

0
DoubleDangerBat

Populate Dropdownlist using VB.NET
 Hi, Please help me,How can i populate a Dropdown list using code behind (VB.NET)??thanks JFRBPH12™  dropdownlist1.datasource = ds;dropdownlist1.datatextfield = "your display field";dropdownlist1.datavaluefield = "your value fieed"; dropdownlist.databind();http://www.codersource.net/asp_net_dropdownlist.html Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever. Hi  Try this sample :Partial Public Class Clock    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Obje...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

Populate Label, Dropdownlist, Textbox and Gridview from a SQL DataBase using VB.NET
 Good Day, Please help me, i need a VB.NET code for my web appz, i already know how to connect to a sql server database using this codes Dim conn As New Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection conn = New Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection("Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Password=******;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=***;Initial Catalog=Database;Data Source=ServerName") conn.Open() Dim cmd As Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand cmd = New Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand("Select Field1 From Table1", conn)So i would like to ask how can i bind this VB.NET connection code to a Label and/or Dropdownlist and...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Populate a dropdownlist using the SelectedItem property of another dropdownlist
 Hello everyone, I want to populate a dropDownList using an sql query that has the SelectedItem Property of another DropDownListFor instance, The first Dropdownlist has all Departments listed, when the user selects a deparment I want to query the data base and populate the second Dropdownlist with all courses in that department.Sort of something like: "SELECT CourseCode FROM Course WHERE CourseCode = DropdownList1.SelectedItem"Then I want to grab the results from the previous query and put it my second DropdownList. I know there are many articles on this out there, b...

How to use the DropDownList to populate a Gridview using a second table?
Can I and if so, how do I add data to a table using a dropdownlist populated with data from a different table in any of the databound controls? I've tried to find specific documentation and have only been able to find a walkthrough that uses the table the DataGrid is bound to, which doesn't work for this issue. I am not sure if i understood your problem correctly.  But if you are looking for ways to copy Data table from source to other, it should be very simple DataTable mytab =ds.Tables["sample"].Copy (); where ds is a dataset already filled by an adapter. Not su...

How to populate a second dropdownlist using the value chosen in the first dropdownlist
Hi, I have a problem with 2 drop down list.  I dont' think I can use AJAX cascading drop-down-list because the two drop-down-list in my page do not have parent/child relationship. Here's what I need to accomplish: 1.  First drop-down-list contains a list of Customer Code.  I can get this list using ObjectDataSource. 2.  After a Customer Code being chosen in the first field, can I pass that value to the second ObjectDataSource so it can use that value in a complex query to get the Customer Order?   Is there any other way to accomplish this? Thanks i...

populating a dropdownlist of states based on selection of country in dropdownlist and populating a dropdownlist of cities based on selection state in state dropdownlist

How to populate and use decided value of a DropdownList in ListView using VB, VS2008
I am tryiing to get a dropdownlist to work in a List View. What is the best source of a walkthrough for doing so.  I have googled a lot of sources, but using the advice of many hasnt' work.  Thanks. Hi JAYHAWKER, You can add a DataSource control such as SqlDataSource or ObjectDataSource to DropDownList in any Template in ListView, and then bind it to DropDownList in the same Template. Also you can bind a DataSet or DataTable to DropDownList by getting the reference of DropDownList In ListView. Thanks,Qin Dian TangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to m...

Using DotNetNuke is better than without using DotNetNuke ?
Hi Everyone,  I have one question about DotNetNuke (DNN) from my client. My client's question is:> what would work best to maintaining a modular version> (example: a modular job board site). This is incase we want to release the XXX Job Board site and the YYY Job board> site a year from now.I have not read much about DNN. But my answer is to use DNN to build modular job board site and other Job Board sites. And use DNN to maintain these Job Board sites. Because there must many things good to use DNN. I am correct. Right?Many thanks, May You may have better luck with th...

Useful DotNetnuke modules
I'm an asp.net/c# developer and wish to create a module for DotNetNuke 2.0. Could help me with ideas of useful modules? What do you need? Thank you.A fan of C#, chess, Collectible Card Games, skating and DotNetPark web hosting :) There are number of great modules out there for v1 that the Authors are busy with thier daily paid jobs so an upgrade to V2 would not be anytime soon. I am sure others would have other recommendations but the ones very much missed from my list are news article and a good Real-Estate module. Salar KnapHill, Surrey UKSkinning & Building DotNetNuke Appli...

Create module using .NET ver 2.0 and use with DNN 2.1.2
Hi all, i would like to start to test the .NET 2.0 version of the framework ad i would like to know is there some problem if i write a module with the 2.0 version of .NET and use with DNN 2.1.2. Thanks Stefano...

VB.NET
I have a DataGrid (see code at end of my question) with several dropdownlist controls within TemplateColumns for Editing.  For the first 2 ddls in my grid, ddlMedType and ddlMedicationName, I would like to populate ddlMedicationName based on the selecteditem of ddlMedType, but I don't know how to reference this. Thank you for saving me from confusion!!!! Here is my DataGrid code: NOTE: I've bolded the 2 controls that I need help with -- the rest you can really ignore!! ================== <asp:datagrid id="dgMeds" runat="server" OnEditCommand="dgMeds_EditRow" OnUpdateComm...

Web resources about - Use GetList to populate a DropDownList? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Tag Synonyms - Stack Overflow

Air Astana - Join Now

Blog - Avisra

Online Booking Tool Support