Trying to Understand the Info, Controller Object

All,
I spent some time going over the training videos here. http://www.dotnetnuke.com/About/TrainingVideos/tabid/810/Default.aspx NICE!!!
I am familiar with asp.net etc. Using the codesmith to build the code for the Info and Controller objects is nice. However, how do I set up my code in the Info Class to represent something like a Student that is in MANY art classes? Do I append a Dataset to that Class Object containing those relationships and modify the Controller Class to load that data? I want to do things the DNN way so please help!

Alexeip

Anyone yet?
0
Alexeip

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

Still Trying to Understand Perl Module Control Process
I am using cpanp or cpan plus to handle perl modules on a FreeBSD system. If I give the command cpanp -i Net::DNS it installs Net::DNS 0.73. Normally, this is exactly what one would want it to do but Net::DNS0.73 is buggy. At least one bug causes domain name server or DNS updates to fail so I either want the version just below Net:DNS0.73 or there are a couple of versions of it dated January of 2014, basically anything but the one it keeps trying to install. What am I supposed to do to safely fix this problem and hopefully keep the rest of perl working and cause the installati...

Slider control not rendering on DotNetNuke module control
Dear friendsI'm developing a website using DotNetNuke and asp.net and using a Slider control of the latest source there. I'm phacing a problem that its not rendering when I run the website. Here is a code: <ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender ID="SliderExtender1" runat="server" BehaviorID="Slider1" BoundControlID="Slider1_BoundControl" Maximum="100" Minimum="-100" Steps="5" TargetControlID="Slider1"> </ajaxToolkit:SliderExtender> <asp:Label ID="Slider1_BoundCont...

BLL Info Objects Containing other Info Objects
Im looking for any example of BLL info objects holding other info objects. Is this practicle or does it require addition helper code? example would be a Customer infor object containing a Company ObjectDaniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston It cant be done if you want to use the built-in CBO class generic helper methods for creating objects. The issue is that the CBO class uses reflection (I think) to determine the type of each property of the object. This allows a single generic method to create and populate any class object. In order for it to work, the properties must be a syste...

More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page
Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?Unhandled error loading module.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirec...

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Trying to load a control into a control from another control
Exactly as the subject states, I'm trying to load a control into another control from a control loaded into a page, I keep getting this error from the code I have below. I've also tried the findcontrol but it keeps coming up null. (67): 'System.Web.UI.UserControl' denotes a 'class' where a 'variable' was expected UserControl ut = ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).LoadControl("BrowseItems"); ((webcontrols.BrowseItems)UserControl).pnl_browse_main.Controls.Add(ut); This is how we Load User controls into a content place holder. try { UserCont...

DotNetNuke Module with custom? controls on it.
I'm having a problem with a module I'm building and its relating to some kind of control(server, user, html,web etc - I dont know the difference between them) that I'm using. First of all, what is the difference between server, user, html, web, and custom controls? ok, now for my problem: The Scenario: I have a DotNetNuke module which is dynamically loading a bunch of controls. This works fine. Two of the controls I have are Projex.Controls.TextBox and Projex.Controls.SuperTextBox A TextBox is a Class-only (.vb) file that inherits from System.Web.UI.TextBox and has some ...

How to make a line control(drawing) object in front of picture control object
Dear all, How to make a line (drawing) object in front of picture object in a window? I need to place a line control in front of a picture control object cause I tried 'bring to top' (in context menu) It doesn't works, please anyone can help? TIA Drawing objects will ALWAYS be in the back. To work around this, I've used static text controls resized to look like a line. You can't get diagonals, though. :( On 6/18/2010 5:25 AM, ekologi wrote: > Dear all, > How to make a line (drawing) object in front of picture object in a > window? I need to...

understanding object data source control
Hi, i have just started using the objectDataSource control.Based on whatever i have read about objectDataSource,this is what i gather..  --we need to specify typeName as the class name where the business/DAL methods are .We need to define the 'UpdateMethod'  etc to the name of function which does the update and which is present in DAL /BLL class.We need to specify the update parameters.If we map all this correctly,we do NOT need to write the code for event handlers individually(?????)...and this is where i am  confused. .i did all the above mapping and kept failing ...

Replace the .NET 1.1 Behavior-Object with the .NET 2.0 Tag-Object , How to?
Hello, to set the Style - Attribute of my custom controls tag in source view from within its designer i use now the following code:Behavior.SetStyleAttribute("Left", false, val, true);This works fine but my visual studio 2005 / asp.net 2.0 says that the Behavior object is obsolete. The recommended alternative is the Tag object. But when i use it to set the Style attribute it doesn't work . I can set all other attributes or even create new ones using this Tag object but it does'nt work for the style attribute at all. What am i doing wrong? If I can't set the style attribute in my custom contr...

Understanding control types and navigation within module
Hi,If anybody has any information or resources on the following topics I'd be grateful if they share them.Understanding control types (Edit, View, etc.)Navigating Within the Module with EditURL()Navigating Within the Module with NavigateURL()Many thanks,Norm...

Trying to understand postback with dynamic created controls
Hello,  I have real difficulty trying to understand how to handle postbacks with controls that are dynamically created. I have a webform in which I create a number of checkboxes dynamically (fillRoles). When I click the save button on my form I execute the btnSave_Click eventhandler that should save my checkbox values into the database. But since the checkboxes are lost at the postback i re-create them, figuring they should regain their state because i create them with the same ID. I guess I've made some amateur designer booboos here. Could somebody please assist? Here is my code: &nb...

Web resources about - Trying to Understand the Info, Controller Object - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Resonate Social For Facebook Helps Advertisers Understand Users’ Motivations
Why do Facebook users make the decisions they make? Resonate wants to help advertisers find out, so the digital marketing outfit launched Resonate ...

Facebook PMD Gigya releases Consumer Insights to better understand user identities
... allows marketers to easily query Gigya’s Identity Storage database and tie identity information with key performance indicators to understand ...

Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news ...
Get Genius by Rap Genius — Search and understand the meaning of song lyrics, poetry, literature, and news on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

All sizes - Understand Abundance & Breath - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kate Micucci & Tony Thaxton - "Puppets Understand" - YouTube
Subscribe for more Nerdist Presents: http://nerdi.st/subscribe Written and Performed by KATE MICUCCI & TONY THAXTON Watch Duo: http://youtu.be/Tj5RLliHNMQ ...

Scientists continue search to understand Mers
The Mers coronavirus continues to confound scientists. To better understand the disease and determine where it comes from, a new project set ...

Explainer Video of the Day: Author John Green Helps You Understand Boko Haram
... in the news, but the situation in Nigeria with the Islamist terrorist group Boko Haram often gets overlooked and can be difficult to understand. ...

The Aussie rules love affair and one who can't understand it
Football (the AFL variety) and I have always had a tumultuous relationship. I've never really understood its allure, but it's always been there, ...

14 Accounting Terms Everyone In Small Business Needs To Understand
Like any profession, accounting has what seems to be impenetrable jargon to outsiders. But, also like most professions, the jargon is just shorthand ...

Tony Abbott doesn't understand the China challenge
The Australian government's new attitude towards China's foreign policy underestimates that country's determination to change the geopolitical ...