sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module

Greetings

I am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules.
For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.

There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the active directory so the form will include fields for name, email, dept, phone etc.

these submodules are not to be viewed in the admin panel at the top of DNN but only in the admin section of the support module.

can someone give me some advice on how I can build a module that will allow submodules to be added to it? Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance
0
Bapha

modules, modules

Module in Module

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Article: Load Modules From Your Own Module
I have made a short article about how to load modules from you costum module. This is mostly used when you have a complex module which you want to seperate up to several smaller modules and lost the needed modules depending on when to show... It can be found here I hope it can be of some use for someone...- Anders My blog, includes stuff about DNN module development... WDevs, free blog space, email and more... DnnBB, forum module for DNN...

Hi there, How can I load a module inside other module? Could it be something like having a placeholder and then injecting the module to it? Any hints? Thanks in advance, J ...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Module within a Module
Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?Robbie Freeland Web Team Leader www.chesterfield.gov yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the momentVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page re...

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

Modules Containing Modules
I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

Modules and information about modules.
As we live in a word with different localization issues I think it would bee nice to tell byers and user if the module can handle different cultures and of cource if the module are localized or not. Sometimes it doesent matter that the module have static localization you can use it anyway. But if the date format or any other localized value are used inside the module I think it is essential to tell too. As an example I can tell that Portal Store just works if you use the US date format. So if you like to use it in non us english you have to go through the code and correct it. As I know th...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

Web resources about - sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Ford recalls 300,000 Crown Vics over lighting module
... Mercury , Sedan Ford issued a recall notice for some 300,000 Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis sedans to have the lighting control module ...

Tambara Modules
I came in contact with Tambara modules when working on categorical understanding of lenses. They were first mentioned to me by Edward Kmett, ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

Panasonic Launching Larger High-Efficiency Solar PV HIT Modules
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon Larger high-efficiency solar photovoltaic HIT module offerings from Panasonic — including ...

LONGi to supply 300MWp PV modules to CMNE, say reports
Xi'an LONGi Silicon Materials has won procurement orders for 300MWp PV modules made of mono-Si cells from China Minsheng New Energy (CMNE), according ...

AT&T Introduces LTE Modules for IoT Devices
Our first Internet of Things story of CES 2016! AT&T announced today that they will make 4G LTE modules available for those looking to get into ...

AT&T Launches LTE Modules for IoT Market
These modules are designed simplify and lower the cost of IoT device designs across the globe as well as improve device performance.

Lenovo's Windows Tablet Has a Module For Every Need
Full-fat Windows tablets are taking their sweet time catching on with the general public, but if you’re not pulling the trigger because they ...