SQL Query in DNN

Hi,

 I need help in writing an SQL query that finds the PortalAlias of the DNN portal from where the query is executed.

 The reason for this is that I am using a third party form module that uses it's own tokens (no DNN token support).  I can convert a field in the form to third party token.  If I query the PortalAlias then I can use it's value for hyperlinks within that form and on it's respective portal.  The point is to copy the form and use it across all of my portals but have the PortalAlias query unique to each portal.

 Hope that makes sense.  Thanks.

0
tomtommorrow

C# Ado.net Sql query parameter query
Hi All, I'm trying to pass in a parameter value from an array in a loop that is used in a sql query and the results are populated to an xml file. The trouble is that I'm only getting the colums values in the outputted xml file. So I feel that the paramter is not being read. So can anyone help as I'm really stuck on this one. The code is as follows : public void DisplayUserInfo() { ArrayList UserIdArrayList = IdentifyUserID(); foreach(string ShowUserIDString in UserIdArrayList) { try { SqlConnection SqlConn = new SqlConnection(DBConnString)...

Can sql queries be nested in sql queries?
I am having problems with a template that uses the information from one sql query to generate a query on another table. Let me be more specific. The template in question receives a category ID value from a web page that provides a menu of several categories to choose from. Each Category ID represents several Items or products to choose from. When the template receives the category ID, the first thing it does is run a query on my item_category table (this table lists all of the items and associates them with the appropriate category). This query returns several itemIDs that are all...

SQL query in DNN
Hi, I'm not very exxpert in SQL, could someone tell me which query I need to input in order to extract from my SQL database all the Name, Surname, City, e@mail of my users ? Thanks. I don't know if there's any easy way to do that with a SQL statement using DNN 3.x.  With earlier versions, you could just use "select * from users" and get all of that information.  With 3.x, you'll still get the username, firstname, lastname and email, but the rest of the user info is in the aspnet_Profile table concatenated into one string in the PropertyValuesString field.Anyone else kno...

Error in SQL for DNN 3.2.2 prevents Banners module from working in some DNN installations
The SQL script for DNN 3.2.2 is a SPROC replacement of FindBanners. A small error has crept into it as the references in the select statement miss the infamous {objectQualifier}. So if your installation uses an object qualifier you will find the banners module will no longer work. The fix is simple; run the following script under Host > SQL (check 'run as script'): create procedure {databaseOwner}{objectQualifier}FindBanners @PortalId     int,@BannerTypeId int,@GroupName    nvarchar(100) AS SELECT  BannerId,      &n...

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

SQL query that works in SQL Server Management Studio, but doesn't on .NET 2.0 page
SELECT favorites.FID, favorites.filename, favorites.username, files.status, files.private, files.views, files.title FROM favorites INNER JOIN files ON favorites.filename = files.filename WHERE (favorites.username = @username) AND (files.status IS NULL) AND (files.private = @private)@private is manually set to 'no'@username is set to profile.usernamewhen I run the above query in microsoft sql server mgmt studio express on the database, it presents all the information i'm asking for very easily. however when i try to implement this query on a aspx .net2.0 page with teh sqldatasourc...

sql or my sql query
hi,in my database  i have the two tables...1)programs                                2)reservedin the programs...two fields 1)program id           2)maxseats................these details wil be entered by adminin the reserved table  two fileds ..1)PRogramid        2)statusmy requirement is .. i need the available seats..meansif any body is intersted in  any program...they wil select the program...then status becomes approved(1)..then i need the o/p as ...

Module with custom SQL query
Hello!I've found that DNN provides module User defined table which seems absolutely useless. I need to find out if there is a possibility how to define custom query and to format output, like using DataGrid in ASP.NET. Many datagrids (also in ASP.NET) are really great and I dont understand why DNN doesnt provide them. Without datagrids and possibility to format them is DNN just a small and old toy.Thanks for comments. "small and old toy" LOL. DNN is a extendable portal (and lots more)  not monolithic piece of software with every feature anybody could want  . DNN is not ...

.net + dynamic SQL-query
On our page we have texbox, dropdownlist, database and gridview for it.It DropDownList we have all names of columns from database (in our situation they are Item_Name, Item_Type,  City and Country). In database we have two more columns, but we do not need them in this task.And the task is to choose from DropDownList item/value and deliver it to SQL-query. We have done searching from database, but the column to search from is static, we want to make it dynamic, we want to choose from Dropdownlist column, from which we will search.We are making all in aspx, not in .cs code. We are not fam...

SQL query in a VB.net array
I want to do a query on an SQL Server 2005 db and have the results returned into aarray or collection in vb.net... how do I do this? I know the basicconnection and stuff.. just not how to get the result to an array thanks! If you really need array as result you can use ExecuteReader on your Comand object. and next you can inserts result for each Reader.read command into array collection (reader returns array of values). But I this that will be better if you will just use datatable and dataadapter which is more flexible and faster and next you can grab data into your collection o...

Need help with a DNN SQL query
Hello, I was wondering if somebody could help me with a SQL query to gather some base DNN stats.  I am trying to build a query that is very close to what is show when you go to Host->Portals and it displays the portals.  I'm looking for a query that will display to me all the portals, ordered by the number of users in a portal, outputted with the portalalias associated. So the SQL query would output this: www.blahdomain.com      59 www.asdfdomain.com      23 and so on. Could somebody help with this please? ...

Build DNN Modules with C#.net?
Hi all,Sorry for the newbie question. I understand that DNN was built with VB.NET but is it possible to build modules using other languages such as c#.NET?Thanks,Mark Yes, definitely - I am a C# coder and all my modules are in C#. They are compiled to assemblies and can be used by DNN (and you can use the core VB DNN functions as well in your C# modules). If you are just starting off there are some great videos and templates around - check the main DNN site. Rodney Awesome, thanks Rodney! Bo's site (http://www.dotnetnuke.dk/Default.aspx?tabid=60) has great info for c# developers....

DotNetNuke (DNN) module development in Prism?
Hi, I am exploring the possibility of using DotNetNuke for an upcoming project. Whilst I understand the non-programming principles behind how it works and appreciate that you can create custom modules yourself, I have yet to see any examples of modules written using Prism. There is an example in CC dating back to 2005 for D9, but it isn't immediately apparent how relevant this would be using Prism. Any advise or guidance from folk who have trodden the same path as me would be very much appreciated! Cheers Dave C ...

Datawindow.Net & Dotnetnuke (DNN)
Evaluating Datawindow.NET 2.0 trial version ..... Is anybody using it to develope Dotnetnuke modules? Is this even possible since DNN uses its own data access layer (DAL)? Thanks! Mel foothillgroup@yahoo.com If the DAL exposed datasets you'd be set. DataWindow.Net can still work with them. Unforunately, the DNN DAL uses ArrayLists, so until DataWindow.Net starts supporting object types for data, there's a mismatch. Fortunately, the DNN DAL isn't really a requirement for using DNN: http://www.dotnetnuke.com/Community/ForumsDotNetNuke/tabid/795/postid/26708/D...

Web resources about - SQL Query in DNN - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Query - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Qubole Debuts Presto-As-A-Service, Based On Facebook-Created Open-Source Interactive Query System
Facebook announced last November that it would open-source interactive query system Presto , and now cloud big data platform provider Qubole ...

faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.co/TgHECDe5 ...
faroo_p2p: FAROO Search: Spelling correction, Query completion and Instant search http://t.

Query Strings - Quora
Quora is your best source for knowledge.

A Query A Quest A Quotation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
One of a series of library education posters designed by Peabody Visual Aids in the 1930s and 1940s, which I salvaged from a throw-away pile ...

US to query China on passport maps
The US will raise concerns with China over a new map in Chinese passports which details claims to disputed maritime territory.

Rio Tinto worker sacked after saying 'fk you' to boss over safety query
The Fair Work Commission has answered that burning question: Is it fair to sack someone for saying "*f*ck you" to the boss?

Photos query over student who died in 40m cliff fall
Police are investigating whether a French student who plunged 40 metres off a cliff in the Royal National Park was taking or posing for photographs ...

'Pies query Cloke frees after AFL loss
Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley stresses Travis Cloke's lopsided free-kick count was not the No.1 issue after they lost to Richmond by five ...

Socceroos: Ange Postecoglou gets shirty with Tajik official's 'disrespectful' quit query
Socceroo boss Ange Postecoglou bristled, captain Tim Cahill looked bemused, and the Australian press corps could barely surpress their surprise. ...