Problem with FreeTextBox on a Module with similar functionality to Editing Users and User Roles

Hi,

I'm trying to design a module and I'm getting an error message when I open the page.  The error message is:-

Error: A Runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug?
Line: 39
Error: Expected ';'

The issue I have is:-

I have a normal module page that is displaying a list of clients.

I can then edit the clients details by moving to the edit page.

On the edit page, I can further edit some details of the client.  At the bottom of the page, I have an edit button, and it runs this code:-

Response.Redirect(NavigateURL(Me.TabId, "Client Tokens", "Client_id=" & client_ID), True)

In the ModuleControl table, I have the following row:-

ModuleControlID = 227
ModuleDefID = NULL
ControlKey = "Client Tokens"
ControlTitle = "Client Tokens"
ControlSrc = "DesktopModules/TestModulee/ManageTokens.ascx
IconFile= NULL
ControlType = 1
ViewOrder = NULL
HelpUrl = NULL

The best anology I can give to this is it is similar to setting up users, then you can edit users, and then you can have a link to manage their security roles.

My thoughts are that when you move from the edit page to another edit page, that you can't have a freetextbox on the page.

Anyone able to shed some light on this? or provide a solution...

I'm trying to find another module that I can look at that provides similar functionality and includes a FreeTextBox but I can't.

Regards,

Scott

0
srowan

DNN Forum/Blog Module
Is it possible in the DotNetNuke Forum/Blog module to allow a user to add/edit blogs but not have control of the entire module itself? I want the user to be able to add and edit the blogs but not to be able to delete the module or move it's location on the page. Thanks!- DerekTheGeek...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

User Role to edit module content but not page settings
I have a new user role which I've created called "Content Admin".  I would like to give this role module-level edit permissions.  I do NOT want to give the role Page Edit permissions because I do not want the role to be able to change page settings.   Is this possible?  I've tried to give the role Edit View within the individual module settings, but the user in the role is still unable to see the edit menus for the modules.Any suggestions?Thanks! Give the ContentAdmin role edit permission on the module level.  I just tried this on our test site and the user c...

Atlas and DotNetNuke modules
Hi everyone, I'm trying to implement Atlas as a part of DotNetNuke module. some details of my problem can be found at: http://vladan.strigo.net/tabid/71/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/4/Atlas--DotNetNuke-Step-1-Making-the-DNN-40-module-in-VS-2005.aspx and more specifically: http://vladan.strigo.net/tabid/71/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/5/Atlas--DotNetNuke-Step-2-Adding-Atlas-support.aspx I've posted them there so that I don't have to explain and write big posts over the forums. My problem is that nothing brakes, it's just that after the Atlas comes back it doesn't refresh the...

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Problem with user module
I am running DNN 3.013. Recently I am not able to access the users as admin. The module opens and shows the first 10 users, but if I click "next" or try to show all 50 users, it bombs out with the following error: Error: User Accounts is currently unavailable.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at _ASP.Users_ascx.__DataBind__control19(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) at Syste...

DNN 3.0.9 module permissions and user roles problems
I created two security roles ... employees and clients. On the home page I set the page permissions to be viewable by both roles. For the module permissions I set some visible to the employees role and others visible to the clients role. But when I log in as either role I do not see any modules at all! If I reset the individual module permissions to be inherited from the page then I can see the modules again, but once I change the permissions to be strictly one group or another then neither group can see the module. Is this a bug? Is anyone else having this problem?-----------...

User of Roles in Modules
"Just Food for Thought" that I wanted to pass on to module developers. Several modules on the market make use of the user roles above and beyond the core security model.  One common problem that I see in some of these module is that most tend to forget about the Role expiration date.  This is especially true for applications such as Newsletter applications as well as any other application that uses roles to select a group of members.  I have found this even in some of the Core Modules.  So far I have not found any that posed a direct security risk but I could see whe...

User Roles modules
Are there any modules out there that creates a simple list of what roles each users are in? For example if i click on Role1 it would show all the users in role1 and then Role2 all users in Role2. Thanks psidrum, That is built into the DNN Core. Go to Admin--> Security roles. Click on the Edit icon to edit the role, and then click on "Manage Users in this Role" link this will give you a list of the users in the role. DotNetDocwww.DotNetDoc.comGet the Book!!...

User Account module as Registration Module
I'd like to add the "User Account" module to a page and use it for Registrations... this way I can add additional graphics and instructions easily. However, I get the message "Either you are not currently logged in, or you do not have access to this content" when adding the module to a hosted 3.1 site and logging out.   The view permissions for the page and module are set to "All Users".  I was successful in using the "User Account" module on a local installation as a registration module.Any idea why I would get this message on a hosted site and not on a local instal...

Problem : Get a list of user belonged to a role or to know if a user already has a role
What code can I write to know if a user belonged to a Role already ? and How can I get a list of a  user already in an existing role ? Please have a look at my code below : Protected Sub AddUsers_OnClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnAddUsersToRole.Click' I wanna add some code here to check if a user already belonged to a Role' Please insert your code here. Thanks a lot. ' A role must be selected If RolesListBox.SelectedItem Is Nothing Then Msg.Text = "Please select a role." Exit Sub End If ...

DNN3 problems editing modules: Module Title
Recently I just upgraded from DNN 2.12.2 to DNN3(latest build).  Prior to the extraction of the DNN3 zip file I backed up all the directories  within the Virtual directory and deleted them all, then extracted the new version.  I connected to the same SQL database using the same connection string.  The installation ran with no errors, however, any pre-existing module on a pre-existing page that did  not have a module title, set within basic settings, does not give me the option to edit the module.  Strange. If I add a new module and remove the module title I am f...

problem redirecting user based on user role
Hi all, I have small problem redirecting  user based on user role how can i determine if  a user belong to a specific group of users then  redirect  to specific page to allow access to user on user role i'm using membership and bulit in aspnet data base generated by  ASP.NET configuartion tool heres a  fragment of what i'm trying to fulfill thanks in advance of your helpprotected void Login1_Authenticate(object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) {if (Membership.ValidateUser(Login1.UserName, Login1.Password)) {FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie(Login1...

User Online Module Problem
i add user online module..., but people online and online now always zero. it never change although there are users which login. why??? I think you have to enable User online checkbox, by default it is set as disabled, the option is found in Host> Host Settings under Advance settings and Other settings. There is a checkbox labeled Disable    Users Online.try itMarkVMark V. VillahermosaDumaguete City, PhilippinesSoftware Developer You should also try the new AJAX users online module - really coolFree LIFETIME DNN Portal with 100MB(Up to 3000MB),200 Modules(2000$ worth),50 ...

Web resources about - Problem with FreeTextBox on a Module with similar functionality to Editing Users and User Roles - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

PlayStation 2 online functionality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Selected games on Sony 's PlayStation 2 video game console offer online gaming or other online capabilities. Games that enable the feature provide ...

Free Messaging App MessageMe Latest To Lose Access To Facebook Find Friends Functionality
Facebook once again demonstrated that it does not believe imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, blocking access to its find friends functionality ...

FanAppz expands social CRM functionality, offers more insights about brand audience
... with their apps and putting those insights to use in other channels. The Personalized Marketing Platform builds upon the social CRM functionality ...

Reverting the changes to block functionality
Earlier today, we made a change to the way the “block” function of Twitter works. We have decided to revert the change after receiving feedback ...

Users want functionality without complexity with BYOD: Cortado
Mobile workers want to have access to their files while the move without the complexity, according to Cortado APAC sales manager, Brendan Samuels. ...

Apple takes password reset functionality offline after news of serious vulnerability
Earlier Friday, The Verge reported on a significant security exploit with Apple's "reset password" functionality for Apple IDs. Armed with only ...

Updated: Get Kinect-style functionality on your Mac with this free app
Flutter is a free app that brings gesture controls to your Mac via its built-in web cam. Get the download here.

Twitter bolsters search functionality - social media, social networking, Internet-based applications ...
Twitter will bolster search functionality to automatically complete users' queries and suggest related search terms, among other improvements ...

Google announces enhanced snooze functionality for Inbox by Gmail
Google today announced a useful new feature that is now available in its Inbox email app. Starting today, when users "snooze" an email that has ...

Parallels Access remote access app jumps from iPad to iPhone, gains Finder-like functionality
... capabilities of iOS devices by allowing them to serve as points of access to your Mac and Windows computers, and the intuitive and native functionality ...