Persisting Data or Viewstate?

Hi All,

I have a simple module displaying some text with a title.

When I go to the edit page of said module, all data is shown, no prob.

When I modify the text in the textbox and the title in its own textbox, the text is updated but the title is not.

I find that by the time the code in my update event fires, the Title that the user has amended is not there but the original Title (before amendments) is.

I've looked at viewstate etc etc and cannot see why some user-changed data is "lost" or not persisted and some is retained/persisted.

Any advice? I'm sure this is something very simple that I'm not doing...

blmiles

To Data Module or not Data Module, that is the question
Can anyone offer best practice advice please. Porting my access application to Delphi I have used a data module. It now has one Tdataconnection and lots and lots of TDAOQueries and TDAOTables on it. Its now getting hard to see the wood for the trees. My question is twofold. 1) is is best to use a data module or just use the TDOQueries I need on each form? 2) is it best to use loads of TDAQueries, each with hard coded SQL or use just one or two with the sql string dynamically loaded just before I execute it. With Qn 2 it is starting to look bettert to dynamically load the sql from a f...

VIEWSTATE is not persisting data
Hello... ISSUE My label control is not being populated. DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM I am writing some code using dropdown lists controls. I have a virtual directory on IIS 5.1 and a physical directory on the C drive both directories have the same name. I have the most current XP Pro updates. Using IE 6.0 In this program I am supposed to choose an item from the dropdownlist, press the "submit query" button and see the selected value displayed on a label However, once I press the "submit query" button the label is not populated with the item I selected...

New .NET Data Persistance Layer
We've recently re-written our ASP.NET web application with a new Data Persistance Layer produced by CM3. It's a pre-release version, but it's a really great library, you basically define your business objects and it creates the SQL and Database tables for you. I've got a write-up of it here:http://www.icoblog.com/2008/05/new-data-layer-for-bitsdujour.html Iconico.com Design & Development SoftwareBitsDuJour.com 24 Hour Software DealsIcoBlog.com Read our blog...

.NET 2.0 Data Connection (.NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider)
I have installed the .NET 2.0 Beta Data Provider, in the server explorer in Visual Studio 2005 I have tried to connect to this provider but I can not see it in the list. Is there something else you need to do to see this other than what is in the instructions or is this not supported yet? Hi Dean, I assume you mean ASE ADO.NET 2.0 Beta. I'm attaching the html readme for this product that you should have from downloading it. Are you talking about using Server Explorer to see the Provider? This functionality isn't working yet and should be available on GA or shortly ...

Copy Module data to other modules
When creating a new module I would like to have the possibility of coping any other module data to the new module. Any ideas of how to do this ?? Do you mean you effectively what to be able to "clone" a module? along with it's settings? If so this'll start you off - this is an SP to do that - the front end is not here, it is intrinsically linked to our admin system CREATE PROCEDURE CloneModule ( @ModuleID int, @TargetTabID int, @TargetPaneName nvarchar(50) ) AS -- Get the new ModuleID, store in variable DECLARE @New...

data, data, data
Hello, I need some advice on the best method to keep a database updated in this scenario. I have a local Solomon SQL Server where we keep our inventory. I want to build an application that will be hosted at a remote hosting location which provides a SQL database. I want to build the application to allow clients to access the inventory items and make requests based on the remote SQL data. The order will be sent to our fulfillment department via email; they will fiill the request and ship.  I'm not sure the method to do this while keeping the data current on the remote and the l...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

Integrate CMS.NET(Stephen Fraser) as a module to DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke version 3.0.13. Anyone have any idea, please share it with me and other people? Thanks in advance. Hi what is CMS.NET?McKelt Solutions are you talking about the contracting estimating software I think you will have to get some source code for that from the companyDylan Barberread my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com Hi all,I though that every one knew CMS.NET. Sorry for that. It's a content management system written by Stephen Fraser, and it comes with the book: Real World ASP.NE...

Integrate CMS.NET (Stephen Fraser) as a module in DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke. Anyone has any idea, please share it with me and other people. Thanks in advance. What is CMS.NET?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 You can go to DotNetNuke forum, subforum Custom Modules, the same title can be seen there.>> forums.asp.net>> DotNetNuke>>>> Custom Modules  ...

How to persist data bween data controls
Okay I am real new at this so here is my issue: I am using VS2008 and designing a page that  uses  DropDownList1 to query and then post to formview1 control further details from the table, that works fine.  Now what I am trying to do is add  formview2 control (in Insert mode) that will have a PIN number inserted which matches the PIN displayed in formview control1.  Formview1 receives its data from a table called pmain and contains a Primarykey (pin) and formview2 receives its data from a second table (Encrec) and contains a  F_key related to the primary i...

Dynamic Data And Ado.Net Data Service
Hi,I'm wondering if it is possible to mix up Dynamic Data and Ado.Net Data Service.I have found no information on google yet.Thanks for your replies, Hasan Yes you will be able to have a look at the Preview on Codeplext here the new Domain Service will allow this sort of thing see David Ebbo's and Nukhil Kothari's sessions at mix09 Microsoft ASP.NET 4.0 Data Access: Patterns for Success with Web Forms .NET RIA Services - Building Data-Driven Applications with Microsoft Silverlight and Microsoft ASP.NETSteve Seeking the elegant solution.[Oh! If olny I colud tpye!]c# Bits...

ViewState vs. Session: Too much data for the ViewState!!!
 Hello.I'm having troubles with the viewstate: I have a asp page with a gridview control, a customized webcontrol (rendered has a HTML table tag with some controls on its cells) and various textboxes on it. My problem is with the viewstate (may be for the web control) when I do a SQL select on a very large table: in a simple test with only a grid view I got 106.496 bytes (paging the gridview with just 10 rows), but when disabling the viewstate on the grid I get 57.344 bytes.  In the real page I get 1,46 MB!!! and it takes a lot (from 20 to 60 seg) for each postback, inclusive ...

Reuse data from ObjectDataSource after postback (Persist Data)
Hello, I'm new to this forum, fairly new to ASP.NET and I have a problem I that I can't figure out.  I have a ajax enabled 3-teir application (Display, BLL, DAL).  Almost all my pages connect to the database and return List(Of [Obj X]) through several ObjectDataSources that populate various drop downlist, gridviews etc and those work fine. However I was thinking that its not efficient to have several calls to the database for the same data.  On top of that isn't the whole point of creating these classes so that I can make one call ...

Web resources about - Persisting Data or Viewstate? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Pacers' Game 7 Victory Provides Brief Relief from Persisting Chemistry Issues
INDIANAPOLIS—They churned through an awkward blend of emotions Saturday: anxiety and desperation, bravado laced with uncertainty, and a final ...

"There is no human circumstance more tragic than the persisting existence of a harmful condition for ...
"There is no human circumstance more tragic than the persisting existence of a harmful condition for which a remedy is readily available" by ...

Oil Extends Decline From 5 1/2-Year Low as Glut Seen Persisting
Bloomberg Oil Extends Decline From 5 1/2-Year Low as Glut Seen Persisting Bloomberg Oil fell for a third day, extending its drop from the ...

With economic problems at home persisting, just what is it that a Democrat is ...
ABC News With economic problems at home persisting, just what is it that a Democrat is ... Chicago Tribune WASHINGTON (AP) — Five months before ...

Uranium Contamination Persisting At Old Processing Sites Despite Remediation
Uranium groundwater contamination at old uranium-ore processing sites is persisting despite remediation of contaminated surface materials two ...

Amid persisting economic duress, worries rise about suicides
High-profile deaths – the latest being the mayor of Springfield, Ill., and the Florida school board shooter – have common backdrops of economic ...

Persisting Data on Android Using SQLite
With a little care, SQLite can be used as a data store or full database on Android devices

99 Women Answer This Persisting Question: How To Be A Woman?
99 women telling 99 stories on one stage to reveal the answer to the persisting question: “How to be a woman?” A story about intimacy and collaboration. ...

Hyundai Motor sees currency risks persisting in Russia, emerging markets
The automaker saw net profit drop 19% last quarter.

Girls' YouTube Rant Highlights Persisting Black/Brown Racism (VIDEO)
There are plenty of disturbing things about anti-African American rant by two teen girls from Gainsville, Florida that went viral on YouTube ...