More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page

Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?

Unhandled error loading module.
DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirective(IDictionary mainDirective) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.ProcessMainDirective(IDictionary mainDirective) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.ProcessDirective(String directiveName, IDictionary directive) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, String virtualPath, String basePhysicalDir) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, String virtualPath, String basePhysicalDir) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String filename, String virtualPath) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemThroughCompilation() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemInternal(Boolean fCreateIfNotFound) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItemWithNewConfigPath() at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetParserCacheItem() at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.CompileAndGetParserCacheItem(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledType(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.UserControlParser.GetCompiledUserControlType(String virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(String virtualPath) at DotNetNuke.UI.Skins.Skin.InjectModule(Control objPane, ModuleInfo objModule, PortalSettings PortalSettings) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetNuke\admin\Skins\Skin.vb:line 680 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
0
malticefalcon

You have an error on the ascx page. Something is not correct and I think this could be the cause '.ShoppingCart'. This leading period doesn't look very nice here.
0
vmasanas

How do I determine which page in my module loads when the module is first loaded?
How do I determine which page in my module loads when the module is first loaded? Normally, I have done this by changing my *.dnn file to ommit the <key></key> tag on the ascx file I want to load first in the module; however, I need to be able to refer directly to that page as to forward the user to it. Any ideas? The initial view of the module is always the view action.  You do not need a key assigned to it.  You can only have one view type per module.Chris Paterra Chris, can you elaborate on that a little? I've used multiple pages set to view in modules previousl...

modules, modules

Module in Module

How to load modules into modules
Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Error Loading Module
Does anyone know what can cause the following error? I get it when trying to load host or admin modules (Module definitions, Log Viewer etc) Error loading module DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module ---> System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: External component has thrown an exception. at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors(CompilerResults results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData, String sourceFile, String sourceString) at System.Web...

Error on Module Definitions page, no list of modules
I've done a fresh install of 3.2 and everything is working great, with exception of the Module Definitions page.  There are 2 errors on that page as follows:InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at System.Web.UI.UserControl.get_Request() at DotNetNuke.Entities.Modules.PortalModuleBase.get_IsEditable() at DotNetNuke.UI.Containers.Title.CanEditModule() a...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module
We have successfully install registration module in DOtnetnuke module but we cannot add the module in a tab following exception was arise when we try to add it on a module. DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module ---> System.Web.HttpException: External component has thrown an exception. ---> System.Web.HttpCompileException: External component has thrown an exception. at System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.ThrowIfCompilerErrors(CompilerResults results, CodeDomProvider codeProvider, CodeCompileUnit sourceData, String sourceFile, String sourceString) at System....

Hi there, How can I load a module inside other module? Could it be something like having a placeholder and then injecting the module to it? Any hints? Thanks in advance, J ...

Article: Load Modules From Your Own Module
I have made a short article about how to load modules from you costum module. This is mostly used when you have a complex module which you want to seperate up to several smaller modules and lost the needed modules depending on when to show... It can be found here I hope it can be of some use for someone...- Anders My blog, includes stuff about DNN module development... WDevs, free blog space, email and more... DnnBB, forum module for DNN...

DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module #2
Hi guys: i had a own custom module that work well in DotNetNuke(that situated in my local machine) but it give me the above error when i try to run on the server. the code(for the module) and the database in both of the server and local machine is exactly the same. Please help. Thanks a lots in advance. The full detail of the error is as below: Error loading module DotNetNuke.ModuleLoadException: Unhandled Error Loading Module ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type 'Sitemap'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load ...

Web resources about - More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...