Last Date Updated

I am looking for a module which should show the last date the site was updated. I tried to find old topics related with this issue but the results were unrelated.. Embarrassed [:$]

I am using DNN212. Can anyone help? I guess this module is in the WANTED list by a lot of ppl...

Thank you for your help!

[/antonisc]

0
antonisc

nobody? Indifferent [:|] i thought it was an interesting topic but.. Sleep [|-)]
0
antonisc
4/25/2005 7:43:56 AM

It is an interesting topic, but the challenge lies in figuring out what updated means in the context of any number of modules. It would require a standard way for all modules to notify the core when their content has been modified. Another question is one of context. What if a module's content has changed, but only some users have access to the changed content? Users unable to see the changed content will note that the site has been updated, but will be unable to find what has changed.

I think this is why most portals use a "What's New" type Announcements module.

Nik

Nik Kalyani
Speerio, Inc.

[DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]
0
cniknet

Seperate Date and Time Merge; done at SQL Update or C# .NET then Update
I do realize that his could be posted in a few spots but I think the answer is in the SQL. I have a ASP.NET page, with a SqlDataSource, Text Box and Calendar Controls. I have the textbox and calendar controls eval'ed to the same sql data source DateTime Field. The text box is formatted eval to small time and the calendars eval has no formatting. ex: <asp:TextBox ID="START_TIME" Text='<%# Eval("EVENT_START","{0:t}") %>' runat=server Width=200></asp:TextBox> I want to merge the two controls; one has the date the other has the time when I update the pages data to the SqlDa...

Last Update Date?
Hi, Upon migrating PB 6.5 to PB 8, it seems the Last Update Date is set to today's date for all functions, windows and user objects. Datawindows are OK. Any suggestions? TIA This has been true since of migrations for all versions since Last Update Date was introduced. Not much you can do about it, except maybe document what it was before you migrated. (I know of a tool that will give you an easy printout of your object list, including the Last Update Date <g>. See below.) Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:07:2...

Last Updated Date
Does anyone know of existing code that can get the last date the page/tab/modules was updated? Daniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston nice addition ... currently the tab table doesn't have any created, ammended dates... anyone done this?Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quality threads. TextLayout Module - create multiple column layouts easily yea, Im have to customize dnn more and more. Im getting worried with the new version coming outDaniel StruveDotNetNuke Houston I would be willing to do this, I wonder if someone with more exposure to tab settings could su...

Last updated date
Is there a way to find the date a table was updated. I can't find anything in the documentation. Thank you. Do you mean when the structure was updated or the data? There is nothing to support the former and the latter would require you to include an audit column of type DATETIME that is updated on each insert or update. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX Sybase Developers Network http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm This is interesting, Jim. There really isn't any statistic maintained on when a table was created or structurally changed. This was on purpo...

Date Site Last Updated
Does anyone have a module that will display the date a DNN site was last updated?JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming language: cuneiform on clay tablets Jim, That certainly would be a nice module, but don't see how that would be possible, unless every module included field for 'LastUpdateDateTime'.  Not all modules have anthing like that info. Hey Jim,Take a look hereDave Thanks Dave, that looks like a useful module, but not quite what I had in mind.JimMS MVP ASP.NET [VC++/MFC emeritus]Old Dog Learns New TricksPreferred programming ...

Last Contact Date Not Updating
I have three workstations where their last contact date is a few weeks ago, essentially when they were rolled out to the enduser. However, their last full refresh date is current; their systems were scanned by the inventory module and last uploaded has the correct dates and times. I'm just wondering why their last contact date is so far behind. I know that if I don't reboot my system daily, the contact date falls behind--for example, I haven't rebooted since 6/16, so my last contact date is 6/16. But in this case these machines -are- logged off and shut down every nigh...

Page last updated date
Can anyone tell me how to dynamically add a page last updated date to my page footer which is in a master page ? Thanks!  This article may provide you with directionhttp://www.codeguru.com/csharp/.net/net_asp/webforms/article.php/c12301 "If you make it idiot proof, they'll build a better idiot" Thankyou!The link you provided along with information from http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx provided exactly the solution I needed. Regards,David.  HiThe link provided by others will work only on static page. But for pages were the data is loaded ...

How to get last password update date
Hi guys, I am facing problem when i want to get last password update date from novell edirectory server. Using iManager2.7, I am getting password expiry date, But i want user last password updated date . How to configure last password update date in iManager 2.7. I am using novell edirectory server 8.0 for windows 2003. -- tusharkf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 16:26:02 GMT, tusharkf <tusharkf@no-mx.forums.novell.com> wrote: >I am facing problem when i want to get last password update date from &g...

Get Last Update Date of word document?
Dear all, Can I ask how to get the word document's last update date from powerbuilder coding? I am using PB 6.5 Thank You Very Much!!! Lai >>Can I ask how to get the word document's last update date from powerbuilder coding? I am using PB 6.5 << Take a look at the PFC file service object (pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32). It has a function that will get the latest update date for a file. Basically, it uses the FindFirstFileA SDK call and then parses the FindFile structure for the last access date. HTH, steve [TeamSybase] ...

How to find out the date/time of when a record was last update?
Hi, Is there a way to determine the date or/time of when a record was last update, w/out using audit ? thanks in advance, Karena Add a timestamp or datetime column to you table to track this. steve [TeamSybase] but is there any way to track it down if i didn't have the timestamp column set up? thanks, Karena Not easily, and probably not at all. For instance, if you have a series of database dumps, you could start loading them and checking the contents of the row until you find the db dumps where it has value (a) in the first dump and (b) in the next dump -...

date of last update stats & sp_recompile
Hi, How would I check to see when update statistics for a table and sp_recompile on a table was last run? Preferably by means of isql. Thanks. select moddate from sysstatistics where id = object_id("<table name>") You know, this doesn't work in 11.5 or lower version, only for 11.9.2 or higher. Larry Simo wrote: > Hi, > How would I check to see when update statistics for a table and sp_recompile > on a table was last run? > Preferably by means of isql. > Thanks. ...

Should BM module date change in iManager after update?
If I have BorderManager 3.8 and am applying BM38SP3 and after the install and reboot, I look at iManager (configuration | Modules) on that server and the BM Filter and VPN modules show a 6/03 date. The bm.npm from SP3 shows 1/18/05. I do an install OR an 'update' from within iManager and it says it successfully did it but after rebooting the server and checking the Module dates again in iManager, it is still the same old date. Should I expect the dates for the modules to change? Dan I tried to look in my iManager, but I didn't see a date at all. Where are...

Dates, Dates, Dates!
Hello all... I am in the process of building an appointment system, and I am trying to see if I can get some pointers on which way to go on this. The first version of this appointment system was very lo-tech, and it stored all of the possible dates/times in the database. Once a user booked an appointment, their information was logged to that date/time, and then that date/time would no longer show in the list of possible openings. This was great for a temporary fix, but with having to pre-populate all of the dates/times, the system would eventually have to be updated to continue on pa...

updates, updates, updates, NO MORE!
Name: Andreas Email: unbekanntatjokerdotms Product: Firefox Summary: updates, updates, updates, NO MORE! Comments: Hi ! if you want to develop a fine webbrowser, maybe you nee a new management. To release a new buggy version every two weeks is not very professional. Test your software before the release and let the user download a stable browser. this update-orgy since 2.0.0 used me to use Opera instead of FF. We haved use FF in our Company, but we can't deploy a new version every week to +200 Windows-clients, so in our company we've decided to return to IE, ...