Integrate CMS.NET(Stephen Fraser) as a module to DotNetNuke!

I'm working on a project at my university.

Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke version 3.0.13. Anyone have any idea, please share it with me and other people?

Thanks in advance.

0
hoangnp83

Hi what is CMS.NET?
McKelt Solutions
0
mckelt
5/16/2005 10:30:45 AM

are you talking about the contracting estimating software

I think you will have to get some source code for that from the company

Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!
0
codegalaxy
5/16/2005 12:44:37 PM

Hi all,
I though that every one knew CMS.NET. Sorry for that. It's a content management system written by Stephen Fraser, and it comes with the book: Real World ASP.NET Building a content management system, Apress Publish.  You can find the source from www.apress.com . It's free.

The main problem is that, I want to add a content management module to DotNetNuke. And I found that CMS.NET is a .NET content management system that offers the code for free.

Anyone has any idea, please share it with me and others.

Thanks in advance.

0
hoangnp83
5/16/2005 3:12:41 PM
what features out of a content management solution are you looking to gain in DNN?

As there is a couple Content Management modules available and I am working on one as well. What do you see that you need from a content management module for DNN?

Cheers
midspot
0
midspot
5/16/2005 3:38:43 PM
oh thats a littel different - you might search the forum there has been plenty of disscussion over the last year about content management and workflow
Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!
0
codegalaxy
5/16/2005 3:55:33 PM
Any one see this http://www.umbraco.dk/ It would be cool to integrate into DNN
www.jiltedcitizen.com
www.livegreenforum.com
0
JiltedCitizen
5/16/2005 5:29:31 PM

Thanks everybody as all of you give me precious advice. I'm hoangnp83.

As a matter of fact, I want a module that can manage the workflow to deliver the content.
The workflow is divided into four stage: Authoring, Editing, Approving, Deploying.
The roles include: Author role, Editor role, Approve role, Deployer role. Each role has many people working in. And when each people publish or post or do something in my portal, I can manage his/her action. (I think that many people did it before, I did a quick search and found many, thanks every people!!!)

Another important thing is the spider module, this module have a very important role: it goes to another big website like (cnn or bbc) that provide the content and gather them into my portal. It does the job of an author but in other way. The author have to go outside to have idea to write. This spider module comes to big news site and get information. The editor only has to edit a little bit before it is posted to the approver to approve the content and to the deployer to deploy it.

Anyone shares it with me! Thanks in advance!

0
chanhpc
5/17/2005 9:57:39 AM
Looks like two existing modules out there will fit the bill almost 100%

look into OTS content manager and WebHarpoon on snowcovered.com

been using webharpoon myself for a few weeks and have to say it is well worth it. Have yet to purchase the latest version of OTS but it looks like it is exactly what you are looking for.

Cheers
midspot
0
midspot
5/17/2005 1:08:26 PM

Thanks midspot,
I think that I can not afford for the latest version of OTS. You know I'm a student, not a manager of a big company. I want to have an open source module or program.
It can be a program or module that is written in other language but can do the same job of this spider module.
Firstly, I think of an rss newsfeed from that website, but that's not enough. For example www.voanews.com provide content with only text, they do not have any picture, even the text is not enough, it's in brief. Besides, such big websites in VietNam (vietnamese is the language that I want to use mostly in my site - http://vnexpress.net or www.tuoitre.com.vn or www.thanhnien.com.vn or www.pcworld.com.vn ) do not offer RSS. So the only way I have is to choose a spider module and it's offered for free.

Anyone can help me!!! Maybe the document about what a spider is, how it operate, and how to use it. Thanks in advance

All of you are welcome!

PHAM NGOC HOANG - VietNam

0
chanhpc
5/17/2005 5:22:23 PM
I am working on a module, though not as feature rich as OTC, it will
provide workflow for editors/authors and approvers. I plan on around a
$10 price range with source. I will post when I release (probably about
a couple weeks)

Web Harpoon does a good job of collected content much like an RSS feed only your in control. It brings everything you see (graphics links etc) and is well supported by its creator.

I do not know of any other free solutions to do what you need but Cathal's site may be a great place to start.

Cheers
midspot
0
midspot

Integrate CMS.NET (Stephen Fraser) as a module in DotNetNuke!
I'm working on a project at my university. Now I'm trying to add CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke. Anyone has any idea, please share it with me and other people. Thanks in advance. What is CMS.NET?View My Blog Download My URL Rewriter and Reverse ProxyOnly $9.95/month, ASP.NET, 2GB & SQL 2005 You can go to DotNetNuke forum, subforum Custom Modules, the same title can be seen there.>> forums.asp.net>> DotNetNuke>>>> Custom Modules  ...

Integrate CMS.NET(author Stephen Fraser) to DotNetNuke!
Hi every body, I'm working on a project at my university. I'm trying to integrate the CMS.NET as a module to DotNetNuke version 3.0.13. Anyone have any idea, please share it with me and other people?Or anyone did it before? Thanks in advance. Hmm. All info worth something is locked on the site for CMS.net. So it will be hard to give you any special pointers. One need not only to register, but wome sort of code, which I do not have....   So I will give more general pointers. Start with the whitepaper in your dnn folder. Even if you find it hard or does not understand ...

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

Create DotNetNuke Module Failed Using VS.net
Hello, I am trying to customise a module for dotnetnuke. When i open the Dotnetnuke Visual Studio.Net solution file (C:\DotNetNuke\Solutions\DotNetNuke.DesktopModules\DotNetNuke.D esktopModules.sln), I got an error The Selected file is not a valid Visual Studio solution file. Why is it so!!! Can anyone help me. I get the help on how to customise a dotnetnuke module from http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/VB.NET/Creating-Custom-Modules/1 Your Help is appreciated..............

Hi how to combine .Net module and Java module?
Hi,   I have developed two modules one in ASP.Net 2.0 and another one in Java technologies, so how to combine both of these into one. Is there any technology for doing so?ThanksVishwanath  Well, not much as an expert in Java, but i came upon this article, and i guess it will help a lot http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=23883 Cheers !!!RegardsRamzi--------------------------------------------Dont Forget to mark the post as answered once replied. Hi, Also have a look at infoq.com there you will find articles related to ASP.net and Java combination...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Paypal integration dotnetnuke module
Hello, I am a ASP.Net Programmer , working with DNN 3.2. I am trying to integrate the paypal  in my module for purchasing itemI want to notify user with mail about the money transaction whether it is verified or not..And have to do some changes in database if only the money transaction is verified. I have written the paypalstring statement as Dim sBaseURL As String = sDomain & IIf(Request.ApplicationPath = "/", "", Request.ApplicationPath).ToString & "/DesktopModules/PayPalIPN"                &nb...

IO modules causing issues in Net::DNS module?
------_=_NextPart_001_01CAD72B.3BF72B9F Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! = I'm porting some software from a White Russian OpenWRT system to a new Kami= kaze 8.09.1 OpenWRT system but I am having some serious issues that I'm hop= ing you can help me with. = Old system Linux kernel 2.4.34 MIPSEL arch Perl 5.8.7 Net::DNS 0.48 IO 1.21 IO::Socket 1.28 IO::Socket::INET 1.28 = New system Linux kernel 2.6.26.8 MIPS arch Perl 5.10.0 Net::DNS 0.66 IO 1.23_...

DotNetNuke Modules
Where can I find detailed information or tutorials on how to create DNN 2.x modules? Fernando Durán My favourite introductory tutorial is at dnn Jungle. There are templates and code generation to make developing simpler modules easier. I've found them a great starting point for DNN development. Try http://www.dotnetnuke.dk for development framework http://dnnjungle.vmasanas.net/Default.aspx?tabid=32 (guide and well used templates) http://www.hgworks.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=85 (handcoded toolkit) Visit www.dnnnotes.com - index of DNN threads - hand picked quali...

modules, modules

Where are all the free modules for the free CMS DotNetNuke ?
I think, I know that a lot of poeple will hate me for that posting, but I hope that some of these people will think a moment over that what I have to say ! Where are all the free modules for the free software DotNetNuke ? I work now with DotNetNuke since the first version was released, and what I actual saw makes me sad. More and more modules which are often so simple will be offered on snowcoverd for purchase. Yes, most of the modules are cheap but what should that be, do anybody think you get rich when you purchase 10 or 20 modules for 10 $ on snowcovered. May be, I can und...

DotNetNuke Modules
Please use this forum ONLY if you are developing or have released a module. Please format your posts as follows Module Name: Module Function: URL to Module: IBSW Version Compatibility: Additional Notes:Kenny Rice http://www.kennyrice.com I am going to (try to) convert the survey module from IBS. xpdit is going to send me the code and I'll see what I can do. Module Name: Survey Module Function: Not sure, I haven't seen the original work and haven't looked at the code. I'm guessing it allows you to create surveys and track responses from users. URL: WIP. I'll...

Help to integrate a C# module with dotnetnuke
Hi friends, I just wanted to know that, whether i can integrate a C# module with DNN site. If its possible means, can i have any tutorial or online guide for this ? Pls reply me the details if you know any. Thanks.         Hi Take a look at my C# module tutorial which hopefully will helphttp://www.bitethebullet.co.uk/RandomImageTutorialPart1/tabid/63/Default.aspx Regards Markhttp://www.bitethebullet.co.ukFree C# and DotNetNuke Modules Hi, Thanks for your reply. Now, i am creating a new module with your help. Let me ask if any. Thanks.     &...

Module in Module

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

VS.NET 2003 Project Templates for DotNetNuke from dnnjungle.vmasanas.net
First, many thanks Vicenç Masanas for provide the free template.  Your tool has help many of us to speedup the development effort.Questions:1.  After install the template, there is option to generate DNN Module Communicator and DNN Module Listerner.  Anyone try these?  Any sample code to show how they suppose to work?2.  There are CodeSmith template to generate Info, Controller, Data Provider, SQL DataProvider.  These template go against table only.  Is there away to generate code from a view or store procedure?It is a free tool so one should not ...

Can you print a module? I see some of the dotnetnuke.com modules have a print icon...
That would be a great help if it were possible to print the contents of a module. Like a text/html module. Is that a core feature or does DNN use custom modules for it's site? it's a Container Objects (read the dotnetnuke skinning.doc in the documentation folder for more details). You can add one to your container definition by adding [PRINTMODULE]/< dnn:PrintModule runat="server" id="dnn PrintModule "> . Take a look at Standard.htm in Portals\_default\Containers\DNN to see the one used on dotnetnuke.com Cathal Thanks...I'll try to digest all that and figur...

How to add(integrate) DotNetNuke Module in web Application
Respected Sir;      I have querry  about how to add DNN Module in to our web application? Kindly reply me. Thanking You; Vidya    xxcxcv To add a module to your portal log in as host, in Host menu select Module Definitions and select Upload New Module from the action menu. Browse for the Module Pack (often nominated as PA), add it to the upload list and upload list. Check the install log, if everything went ok, you can now select it from the Module list in the control panel at the top of all pages.Sebastian Leupoldgamma concept mbHDeutschNetN...

DotNetNuke: How to view user control Module by giving control Key in module definition
 I'm not viewing the usercontrol page when I'm giving Control key name in the module definition. but its shows if not giving control key name.I want to navigate from one user control page to another page module..I've written the coding as shown in below.. Response.Redirect(Globals.NavigateURL(PortalSettings.ActiveTab.TabID, "ControlKeyValue", "mid=" + ModuleId.ToString())); Its showing blank page when I'm executed...can anyone help me to solve this problem..?Thanks in advance..!Muthupandian ...

More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page
Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?Unhandled error loading module.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirec...

Dot Net Nuke (DNN)
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-b...

Net:Net:Net::LDAP::FAQ

Datawindows.net and Dotnetnuke??
Anybody working with Datawindows.net and Dotnetnuke?? Thanks! Mel foothillgroup@yahoo.com ...

NET:POP3 Module
I try to use the NET:POP3 to retreive headers mails on a pop3 server, but I can't retreive all header data : By exemple I try to retreive a header of an message using the return-path, and in the informations I can find, I don't see this value, just: "Return-Path: Received: from " For the sender informations, I can't retreive the From: information ( just "From: Greg " but not the mail adresse)..... Please help :) Regards, Greg. Yay! I'm stupid!! Just found why it didn't show :) Thanks!! Greg. -> I try to use the NET:POP3 to retreive h...

Web resources about - Integrate CMS.NET(Stephen Fraser) as a module to DotNetNuke! - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

DotNetNuke CMS Is Now DNN Evoq
DNN Evoq available in the cloud via Windows Azure

DotNetNuke Brings Open Source Social To Windows
Social features added to both the commercial and free community editions of the open source content management system for the Microsoft.NET platform. ...

Winner and Still Champ, DotNetNuke
By popular demand, DotNetNuke, which built an open source empire on the Microsoft .Net platform

DotNetNuke: An Open-Source CMS ... For Microsoft Web Sites
Version 7.0 of DotNetNuke, an open-source content-management system that you've probably never heard of, is now released and bringing enterprise-level ...

DotNetNuke acquires software firm iFinity to beef up its Web content management platform
DotNetNuke (DNN), the Silicon Valley company behind a popular Web content management platform for Microsoft .NET, this morning announced that ...

Products - CrunchBase
Product profiles

Harrison Jones - LinkedIn
View Harrison Jones's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Harrison ...

Talk:Web application framework - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If I may be so bold , this article would benefit from a total rewrite; in its current form the article provides little information and, I suspect, ...

Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > Home
Bendigo > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club LORDS RACEWAY IMAGE GALLERY All the colour and ...

Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > Home
Shepparton > > GRV Clubs > GRV Clubs" /> > GRV Clubs,DotNetNuke,DNN" /> > GRV Clubs" /> Our Club VICTORY FOR ARCHIE Star striker scores first ...