Information requested from Module Developers wanting to sell modules

Hi, I wanted to post here and ask about module developers who have projects they want to sell, either anonymously or under their own name, and I am looking for great developers who have modules that are of quality and are looking for a reliable environment to market their work, without needing to involve themselves with the public.

I'm about to launch my skinning/module/skinobject site - it's been something I have dearly wanted to do for so long but with the proper support/infrastructutre. It's taken long than I thought, but I believe we are very close and now I want to provide an environment for the public who can purchase with confidence and support, module that work to show that DotNetNuke has a range of modules that outdo any other open source project.

Initially was going to simply launch a skinning site, but it's grown to more than that as I've time and money into products to be converted to DNN as well as being asked by some developers who wish to remain anonymous, to provide a supportive outlet for them to sell their modules from.

I would appreciate any feedback from module developers in particular, on what they think is a good environment to work in, what their expectations are and if you are a developer who is looking for somewhere to market your products, perhaps test the waters first by having beta testers (ones that don't just use you) or a live environment where people can experience their modules might like to contact me on dotnetnuke@xd.com.au and I'm very happy to listen and would appreciate your thoughts and comments on the subject here.

So In summary -

  • Is there anyone looking for alternative locations to sell their modules?
  • Is there anyone who wants to sell anonymously but able to provide support for their product?
  • Do module developers want their modules available as demo's or prefer on their own site?
  • What am I missing in working out something that is workable between what I think, and what devleoper think?

Thankyou very much for all the developers who do such an outstanding job on extending DotNetNuke and coming up with ideas and solutions in way I really think is simply remarkable and I am looking forward to your comments.

Nina Meiers

Nina Meiers

Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
0
xddg

Hi Nina

Great we have been waiting for this, I have hesitated in putting designs on snowcovered especially skins and containers because of the 90% of cr*p that is around there that people dont want to get associated with. And unfortunately the same is happening with modules lately, there is no quality check at all.

then each product could have its own subforum that cleints of that module have acces to.

You could have people sign up for beta testing and the active beta testers can then have a free module of the one they have helped testing ) since request for betatesters on forum usually gets you only people that want free stuff and hardly give any reponse back

just a few ideas

Armand Datema
5 Skins, 4 SkinObject, 38 Containers, 2 Modules and more Euro 50 a year.
SchwingNuke
Offshore DNN and ASP.net development
Container Creator
0
nokiko
4/25/2005 2:00:45 PM
This is great Nina, exactly what we need out there.

Yes [Y]

We need a community rating service on these as well so we can save others from the "junk" out there.

Cool [H]

0
Ed_DeGagne
4/25/2005 2:12:38 PM

I agree - some sort of active rating - the stuff on snowcovered seems to take so long to get posted and is so far behind - a forum for each product or something like that - maybe one forum to support the product and another to review it in case uses

A beta testing service - where you identify good beta testers might be another good idea - and handle all the recorded issue tracking

Dylan Barber
read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
Pants Optional!
0
codegalaxy
4/25/2005 2:37:33 PM

Public module ratings aren't always effective. I've seen people give bad ratings because of something stupid. Like I'm going give this module a 1 out of 5 because I want this module translated to madarin chinese and the developer won't do it. Or I don't like the license for this module so it sux. I like the idea of testers. You could have developers who are willing to voulunteer to take a module and give it a good work over. If they find problems, they should work it out with the developer. If the module meets certain criteria, it should get a seal of approval type of thing that it can display.  The module developers must agree that one free copy will be given to a single tester. If the developer is not happy with the tester (ie. the tester isn't doing his/her job) the developer can authorize a second tester (another free copy).

The upsides to this (win, win, win)

Nina has a site with a higher quality of standards on the skins/modules/etc

The developer has more sales because buyers prefer quality assured software

The tester gets a free license to a module/skin for his or her time.

Finally to help prevent modules from being rubber stamped through:

A tester application process.

Testers sign up to test a module or skin when they have time. They can sign up for general types of things they would like to test but not actually get to pick. Like they can sign up for DNN Business Skins, or  Forum/Blog Modules. This allows a tester who is more skilled in a particular type of area to test those, but not just pick a specific module they 'want' to test because they want to get a free copy.

Developers would evaluate testers. And users who have purchased the software can evaluate whether they feel the tester gave the software a fair evaluation. If a tester is getting negative hits from all sides, they could have their status revoked or suspended.

That was it. Its kinda far fetched but it could work.

Later

John

Free DotNetNuke News, Tips, Strategies and more.
www.dotnetnukesites.com
0
phr0ze
4/25/2005 5:07:46 PM

Nina,

I think this is not only an excellent idea but also necessary alternative. Competition is the key to better products and services.

Best of Wishes.

0
stpeteluis
4/25/2005 5:48:41 PM

Nina,

I commend you on venturing to create an alternate marketplace. As a full-time component developer, I have some fairly strong opinions on this subject. My comments are intended to be general, so please don't take them as specific to your venture.

There is clearly a market need for a DNN "boutique" store, however I cannot see myself placing any of my products there unless it is run by someone who is focused on exclusively being a software distributor. If the person running the show is also selling items on the same site, then regardless of their reputation/credibility/intent, their objectivity comes into question. How can a vendor be assured that her/his product that competes with the store owner's product will get fair play?

Secondly, there are only two things I expect from a store owner: marketing and eCommerce fulfillment. I do not want to associate with (another) distributor that provides a help desk or provides a means for pre-sales questions that requires involvement from the vendor. This should be handled between the customer and the store, with the store staff contacting the vendor to get the required information. This is a horrid problem with SnowCovered as I have discussed in my blog and I wish they would fix it.

I am fine with a store owner publishing user reviews, but I will not post my products on a site where the store is doing the product reviews. Publishing reviews that are done by an independent third-party is fine. Again, it becomes an issue of objectivity. How can a vendor know that the store has not colluded with another vendor to create a false review to drive sales and increase profits based?

I think the community would benefit greatly by having an independent reviewer of DNN products, provided the following conditions are met:

- The reviewer is not in the business of selling any DNN product. It is very hard to take any review as being objective when the reviewer is a potential competitor or a partner of the vendor whose product is being reviewed. This is why reviews are the traditional domain of journalists. Although it isn't always the case, journalists are not beholden to anybody and are therefore clearly in the position of being advocates of the public.

- Reviews are done by individuals who have the knowledge, experience and profile for the task at hand. Just because a product is a DNN module, does not mean that it should be installable by an end-user. Many products are intutive for the end-user, but complex to administer because they require domain knowledge. If the reviewer lacks the technical skills to install or configure a module, the module will receive a poor review. A review should at-minimum have two individuals participating. One, a reasonably technically proficient user (I don't mean a developer), who can perform basic technical tasks related to ASP.Net, SQL, Win2K/Win2K3. The second, an end-user who matches the profile of a person who is generally expected to use the module. For example, if you have a module that is to be used by librarians, it cannot be fair to have the module reviewed by someone who is not a librarian.

- The review process is unambiguous, transparent, defined in writing and has both objective and subjective components. For instance, it is easy to provide a matrix that displays if a module supports feature X or feature Y. This needs to be clearly separated from the subjective portion of the review.

- The review process should not involve any exchange of free products. This, IMO, is very important. You can be assured that there will be bias if the reviewer is doing it to get a copy of the product. For this to work, the publisher (i.e. the entity soliciting the reviews), has to have a monetary compensation plan in place for reviewers.

- Vendors (i.e. developers) should have no involvement whatsoever in the selection of reviewers. Who reviews a product should be determined by the review publisher based on the type of product and the suitability of the reviewer for the task.

- Reviewers have to earn their right to have their work published without peer review. Over time, the public will trust the opinion and instincts of certain reviewers. Until then, a peer review of the reviewer's work is necessary to ensure fairness and objectivity.

Now, to specifically answer your questions:

  • Is there anyone looking for alternative locations to sell their modules?
  • I am not, although I would consider it if it had the same or higher marketing bandwidth than SnowCovered. Between SC, Xtras and my own store, I have the bases well covered. The problem is not so much with SnowCovered, as they are just a distributor fulfilling a market need. The problem is that consumers do not have good resources to easily distinguish what's good and what's not. In the absence of such a resource, it is an unpleasant game of trial, error and frustration for the end-user.

  • Is there anyone who wants to sell anonymously but able to provide support for their product?
  • I don't know the answer to the question, but speaking as a consumer, I don't see myself paying for a product whose author is unwilling to associate her/his name with it. I can imagine that there may be reasons for this, and not everyone cares as much, but this is my personal choice.

  • Do module developers want their modules available as demo's or prefer on their own site?
  • I think relationship-building with customers is important as is brand development. A demo is integral to the sales process and my brand, so I would not want to delegate that to a third-party unless it was fully brandable.

  • What am I missing in working out something that is workable between what I think, and what devleoper think?
  • IMHO, the value proposition you offer to the community is your enthusiasm, talent, candor and commitment to DNN. Providing an alternate channel for the sale of quality-controlled modules is not, I think, the best fit for you as it is a niche that is quite easy for anyone with time/desire/resources to fill. What I do think would be a perfect fit is for you to lead a team that independently reviews and rates modules. This would be a winner, especially if it were established as a zine, on an independent site with the same principles of journalistic integrity that the media (in general) upholds.

    (Apologies for the long post.)

    Nik

    Nik Kalyani
    Speerio, Inc.

    [DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]
    0
    cniknet
    4/25/2005 6:31:07 PM
    What I like is that a trusted person (Nina) says "I have looked at this module and it does what it says". For that I would buy from Nina's site.

    Yes the additional user reviews would be nice too but really all we need is for one person who has a reputation around here (Nina) to "put it on the line". In return she deserves the sales commision. She is performing a service.

    Also if she is going to give a bad review she can tell the module developer before hand so they can have the opportunity to fix whatever problems they have.

    This would make modules developers work harder because they will be "reviewed".

    SilverlightDesktop.net

    A framework that allows you to dynamically load Silverlight modules into resizable draggable windows.
    0
    adefwebserver
    4/25/2005 6:34:19 PM

    Ratings yes, but moderated.  I don't like Snow's putting all control into the developer's hands (I've had reasonable but bad feedback simply dropped by authors).  I would think an ideal rating system might include:

    1) User enters # of stars AND reason feedback;

    2) If feedback is missing, or upon moderator review is deemed incomplete/jibberish to get by the validation, then disallow that particular vote;

    3) If the feedback is negative, and the developer can prove to the moderator that the claim is incorrect, then disallow that particular vote;

    4) If the feedback is negative, and the developer can prove to the moderator that the claim has been addressed by a free patch or other upgrade, then disallow that particular vote;

    5) If the feedback is negative, and the developer can prove to the moderator that the claim has been addressed by a purchasable upgrade; then add back half the difference between the given score and the max score;

    6) Weight diminish the scores based upon the number of major versions between the version the review was based upon and the current version.

    Keep up the enthusiasm and standards Nina!  Good work...

    Robert

    0
    RLyda
    4/25/2005 6:36:50 PM

    To a point I have to agree with Nik.  An independent rating place would be a great resource but it would have to be independent of sales.  Kind of a consumer reports type of setup -

    Two problems that I see off the bat with that is resources to host a site to review products and how to gain credibility with the DNN community -

    A project like this would have to have a big name behind it from the core team at the outset

    Dylan Barber
    read my stupid blog http://codemypantsoff.com
    Pants Optional!
    0
    codegalaxy
    4/25/2005 6:55:19 PM
    I'm with Nik on this one, I really just don't see a need for another
    store. I mean if a person is too lazy to do any research before they
    purchase a product I seriously doubt they are going to read reviews.
    Furthermore the reason I prefer to use snowcovered is because its a
    central repository of my DNN purchases. I don't have to go looking for
    50 different developers sites to find updates/info/etc. My comments are
    not intended to be derogatory
    , or dissuade your venture, just my two
    cents.

    Regards,

    Scott Schecter
    EntitySpaces
    Schecter Technology Solutions
    0
    AerosSaga
    4/25/2005 6:58:21 PM

    mmm

    True that module buyers want a central place but talking as a developer who has stuff on snowcovered, and what others have said also. You pay a hefty 25% of your income just to be on a central repository store with a few features and totally no quality control what so ever

    Armand Datema
    5 Skins, 4 SkinObject, 38 Containers, 2 Modules and more Euro 50 a year.
    SchwingNuke
    Offshore DNN and ASP.net development
    Container Creator
    0
    nokiko
    4/25/2005 7:07:03 PM
     nokiko wrote:

    You pay a hefty 25% of your income just to be on a central repository store with a few features and totally no quality control what so ever

    25% is pretty standard as Nik suggested. Furthermore, the market determines the quality of the product. As long as stupid people will pay $50 for an image module they will continue to be sold bottom line. I think your putting the cart before the horse.

    Nik also makes a lot of valid points here, I agree with most all of his points.

    http://blogs.speerio.net/peerio/My+Thoughts+On+SnowCovered.aspx

    Regards,

    Scott Schecter
    EntitySpaces
    Schecter Technology Solutions
    0
    AerosSaga
    4/25/2005 7:35:01 PM

    I don't see the problem with the 25%...it is well within the limit of 18-30% which is the standard for the industry.

    It's all a matter of perception. Pay someone to do the marketing for you, or do it yourself through other channels. One way or the other, you are going to pay, unless your work is so well-known that people come beating down your door (or your site) looking for your products. Seeing the 25% as "your income" is a bit naive, no? This business is all about eyeballs and without the SC marketing reach most of that income would not be yours at all. It is easy to grumble about the discount (or commission as SC calls it) when you are getting the sales through SC and forget that without the infrastructure, aggregation and marketing they provide, you would be doing it all yourself.

    The decision to post or not post on SC is a no-brainer -- for the same amount of money as the commission, can you get at least the same or better results (don't forget to add the cost of your time)? If you answer yes, then SC is not for you. And here's a rhetorical question -- in the big scheme of things would you rather have 100% of 10 sales, or 75% of 25 sales?

    Although I neither like having my products lost in the warehouse, nor do I like the U.I., SC is still a good investment because it provides a zero capital, high marketing reach for any software publisher catering to the DNN market. I would be crazy not to maintain at least some presence on their site, which is exactly what I do right now.

    Nik

    Nik Kalyani
    Speerio, Inc.

    [DotNetNuke and ASP.Net solutions here]
    0
    cniknet
    4/25/2005 7:39:00 PM

    Well to tell you the truth its up to the developers to test their products, not the store. But the store should be accountable for selling bad products and offer refunds. When you shop at Sears, if the product is bad, Sears handles the return for a period of time. If Sears gets too many returns, then they drop the product line. I know with the software world, returns are near impossible to handle because of dishonest people. Although if returns could be worked out, that would solve all the quality issues.

    Snowcovered 25% fee is rediculous, i guess. Raise your price 25% and forget it. The markup in retail can be as high as 200% and higher. The manufacturers usually calculate that markup in the price. I know retail has overhead which snowcovered doesn't but thats part of business.

    John

    Free DotNetNuke News, Tips, Strategies and more.
    www.dotnetnukesites.com
    0
    phr0ze
    4/25/2005 7:44:29 PM

    well we are getting on a sidetrack here, its not the 25% that I mind but the quality of service and overall lack of quality control lately. dnn dev is only money on the side so i dont mind the money too much is just my perception of whats being offered lately, lets keep it at that

    Armand Datema
    5 Skins, 4 SkinObject, 38 Containers, 2 Modules and more Euro 50 a year.
    SchwingNuke
    Offshore DNN and ASP.net development
    Container Creator
    0
    nokiko
    4/25/2005 7:52:26 PM
    So what are you saying it should be up to Snowcovered to ensure quality?

    Regards,

    Scott Schecter
    EntitySpaces
    Schecter Technology Solutions
    0
    AerosSaga
    4/25/2005 8:21:06 PM

    Just butting in but I do think its a responsibility of the store manager to meet the expectations of theyre customers wether they are selling their own products or a third parties. Providing quality products and service should be part of any business ethos. The situation here is that the customers have very little choice as to where to shop and developers very little choice as to where to sell. Just like a brick and mortar store if theyre is competition standards need to be maintained and continuosly improved upon.

    Personally,
    I would prefer to deal with the developer directly.
    A directory of reviewed developers would be more beneficial than a directory of reviewed modules.

    0
    thedigitalnomad
    4/25/2005 10:48:12 PM

    Nina,

    Good luck in your venture.  Our comments are below...

    Hosters/Hobbyists and Businesses (Intranets)
    We believe that there are 2 types of developers/buyers.

    Hosters/Hobbyists want cheap/free modules.  Period.

    Network/Intranet Administrators
    We are network people.  We know many of those that run the small/medium and large networks throughout our local county.  These are the types of buyers we try to reach and we believe that here is where the need for a new DNN Shop is most needed.  When you run a 100, 200, 500, 1000+ network you need a site that helps you to go home on time...

    Here are some things to consider about Network people when it comes to software.

    1. The developer needs a website with demos, contact information and forums.
    2. Nothing will be purchased from "Anonymous Developers".
    3. Software Patches should be hosted on the Developers website.
       A link to the Developers site must be on the product description page.
    4. Support is most needed AFTER an upgrade, not the initial installation.  After a module is installed and in production, keeping it running becomes critical when it now contains MB's of data.  If an upgrade breaks something we do not want to have to download patch after patch that says "try this".  The developers forum should contain every piece of information we need.
    5. Module developers offering free upgrades for life are naive.
    6. Reviews are like movie reviews.  Most people ignore them.  See Item #1.

    We feel that SnowCovered just sells stuff.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That business model will shortly sink them if they do not improve.  But, then again, the restuarant down the street just went under cause their food was less than mediocre.  We wonder if they knew that...

    Good luck and g'day

    mikez

    0
    mzns1
    4/25/2005 11:23:34 PM

    Wow,thanks so much for the fruitful comments and diversity of thoughts here on this post. I was asleep and I wake up and those great thoughts here. Each one has interesting reading and I've skimmed over them, but would like to read them all in more detail, and post some thoughts further on this.

    I would like to point out something perhaps that might be causing some confusion.

    This is not suggestion as a *review* site, or a rating site to cause some sort of conflict or competition or ill feeling. I don't see this really being in competition with snowcovered, excepting that someone who has involvement in the DNN community would like to help bridge the gaps that are appearing between novice end users who are coming into the market place and wanting to know more about what they buy and how to use it more.

    My vision for this project isn't simply a buy and sell website - there already is one, so why bother.  It's really meant for the developers who don't have the great infrastructure / time / resources but have good products (and there are plenty that I feel need just a little more refinement, prettying up, flexibility to skin) and are not portrayed to their advantage.

    I have on my own xd.com.au site, my own developer reviews where I have been fortunate to talk with great people, many of whom remain unknown until popular sites, like mine have these little things on them... like the blogs (which is free, and dnnstuff etc). I would think that most developers won't ever have anything for sale on my skinning resource site and that's ok too. I still think plenty of people would really like to know about them.

    XD is my personal site and the very reason I have not decided to run forums/ecommerce on it as I felt it inappropropriate and needed to look for  an independent location and one that has relevance to dnn and not mixed with my own work.

    I'm going to digest these comments posted here and I thank you for taking your time and putting your opinions forward and no offence is taken to any of your thoughts.

    Regards and great to read all this.

    Nina Meiers

    Nina Meiers

    Free Skins & Containers by Nina Meies
    0
    xddg
    4/26/2005 12:36:53 AM

    I am here as a consumer, not a developer, so read this from that perspective.

    Over the past year I have purchased over 30 different modules from Snowcovered, many of them multiple times for use on multiple installations and I can say without hesitation, there needs to be a different solution.

    In my opinion a central location for purchase is not required. If the developer is not capable of selling and servicing there own products I have very little confidence in them. I am tired of waiting days, weeks, months, or worse forever, to get a response to a support issue. If the sale and support of modules takes place on the developers site you can see immediatly how they respond to requests prior to purchasing.

    As a consumer I value two things above all others.

    1. Timely Support
    2. Responsiveness to enhancement requests.
      1. This does not require the enhancement to be implemented, only a response to the request. "Yes, thats a good idea we'll implement it" or "No we will not be adding that feature" is all I'm looking for.

    I agree that a review process would be very valuable. And I also agree that this process can not be open to anyone who wishes to post a review. I also would suggest the review process be two fold, One review by a user without programing skills focusing on usability and functionality, another review by a programmer looking at the "structural integrity" of the code. The review process should provide a vehicle for the developer to respond and make changes to adjust any non-favorable remarks.

    I think that Scott McCulloch has got it exactly right. His subscription model is fantastic, but even if he were to sell his modules by each the result would be the same. Superior products backed by magnificent support coupled with an enhancement and bug reporting process that is unmatched. If more developers followed his lead all users would benefit. Take 2 minutes, go to his site and look through the forums. You instantly know you are dealing with a quality individual who cares about what his customers want and need. You know you can purchase his products confident you will receive the service you deserve as a paying customer.

    One of the biggest issues I think we have is the development process. Far to many modules are developed by skilled programmers to file a need they have. Once that need is filled they figure they can make the module available for sale to recover some development costs. Many very good modules have come out of this process, so have many others that are, well, less than good.

    The market will shake itself out over time, the good developers will continue to refine and enhance the products they have. They will also ask for and see the need for other solutions within the community and provide the appropriate products.

    Nina, I admire your desire to provide Snowcovered with competition, and I assure you I will be a customer, but only if I can't get it from Scott McCulloch or Will Morgenweck (Active Modules)

    Respectfully,
    Jack Hoelz

    Icthus Technologies

    Building Faith on the Internet
    0
    IcthusTech
    4/26/2005 1:57:26 PM
    Sorry - I jumped on this thread a bit late, but I want to add my opinion:

    I think there SHOULD be another store. The industry needs competition, and it benefits everyone to have healthy competition. If one store offers a new feature or idea, the competition will quickly catchup and it moves forward.

    I agree with nokiko on the 25% commision (or discount). It's not the 25% that I mind paying (as you say Nik - thats the going rate)- but it's the service SC provides - is it currently worth 25%. I will list my products on SC because it is the only one. And of course it's not up to the distributer to ensure quality (although in the Walmart example there will be a merchandiser who would at least hopefully not stock "Contaminated CocoPops" from DodgyBros) but the distributer does have to provide a service to justify the distribution charge (Note I have not yet listed anything on SC so I am not saying SC don't - just food for thought).

    I sell Pocket PC games on www.handango.com and have done so for the last 3 years. They charge 30% but the service (and website) they provide is incredible - for example - you can implement a Handango store engine on your site (see www.smart-thinker.com for EG) and then you only pay 15% commision if bought from your own site (using Handango's payment servers). The quality and professional look of the site easily justifies the 30%, and they reach thousands of people through different channels. Without babbling on too much, I believe it is healthy competition that has made Handango into what it is today and I think the line of "There's already one store, what do we need another one for" is unhealthy for the DNN community...

    I will be listing my products on SC and my website AND any other DNN site I can. It has to start somewhere...

    Rodney

    0
    rodneyjoyce
    5/8/2005 9:46:59 AM

    There is a need out there.  I am not sure if the need is another store or not, although competition is always good.  (And I would support another store.)   What I would like to see over more reviews/beta testers/etc, is a process of certification.  I think that is what you are striving for with your independent beta testers.

    What I would envision is to have a validation process where a 3rd party would qualify a module.  It is not to say the module is good or bad or even useful.  It is to say it installed correctly for various environments, does not contain errors, and adheres to DNN quality standards.    Once you pass all of the tests, you would be then granted a DNN Certified logo to include with your marketing material.  An example of this is the Microsoft Certification Logo Program.  It just needs to be implemented for DNN Modules.

    My two cents,

    Phebous...

    www.ricecheesesoftware.com
    0
    phebous
    5/8/2005 9:56:38 PM

    FYI: the idea of certifying modules has come up a few times in the past, usually with a vigorous debate on the pro's and con's. You can read some of the previous threads @

    http://forums.asp.net/644160/ShowPost.aspx

    http://forums.asp.net/499960/ShowPost.aspx

    Cathal

    0
    cathal

    Module in Module

    modules, modules

    Modules and information about modules.
    As we live in a word with different localization issues I think it would bee nice to tell byers and user if the module can handle different cultures and of cource if the module are localized or not. Sometimes it doesent matter that the module have static localization you can use it anyway. But if the date format or any other localized value are used inside the module I think it is essential to tell too. As an example I can tell that Portal Store just works if you use the US date format. So if you like to use it in non us english you have to go through the code and correct it. As I know th...

    A Module inside a Module ??
    Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

    Load module into module...
    Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

    Modules within Modules
    I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

    Modules Containing Modules
    I have no idea if this is possible or not, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Basically, what I need is a module container that can hold other modules. The reason is because on some views within my portal site, I need to have multiple regions (i.e. links, static text/html). I'm sure I can create different modules for specific scenarios, but this happens A LOT, so I'm hoping there's already something doing it. I have yet to dig into building my first module, so it may not even be a big deal. Has anyone attempted this before? If so, are there any public tools already published that I'...

    Module in MODULE::INTERFACE
    Can module name be something like: com::xyz::PakageOne? Because when I created a package with that convention, the package was created but there is no _st_ and _sk_ generated for me. Thanks. .... Steve ...

    Module within a Module
    Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?Robbie Freeland Web Team Leader www.chesterfield.gov yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the momentVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page re...

    sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
    GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

    How to load modules into modules
    Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx Like this: Dim _MyControl as _MyControl _MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl) ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl) Leigh PointerUser Group Champion » Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere « The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-( If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you. I will post how to do it right in...

    Module to Module Communication
    Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2? I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :) Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share? http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.netMatt FraserDotNetNuke Co...

    To module or not to module that is the question
    Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

    DNNMasters Module Level Security Provider was released today. Free source for developers that want to implement additional module actions security!
    Module source is free, upon request, for developers that want to implement this functionality in their modules. Introduction DotNetNuke provides rich set of API for security. The Core Team had done its work and had implemented full set of Microsoft Membership provider. This is the base for security provider, which can be applied at tab and module level. What does it mean for end user? Basically, user running latest version of DotNetNuke is able to restrict access to selected pages and/or modules on them. Restriction means, that page is or not visible or editable for u...

    Web resources about - Information requested from Module Developers wanting to sell modules - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

    Information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Information (shortened as info or info. ) is that which informs, i.e. an answer to a question, as well as that from which knowledge and data ...

    InformationWeek – Latest Information Technology (IT) news & IT articles - Technology news - IT magazine ...
    InformationWeek provides latest Information technology (IT) news online & articles and publishes latest tech news & IT magazine for Indian IT ...

    Demand rises for drug information at dance music events
    Demand is rising for support services at dance music events for help ranging from queries about illicit drugs to assistance through negative ...

    Australian public service failing to share information: Public Sector Data Management report
    Agencies spending years to agree to share a few tables of data. Two agencies needed 11 agreements to share information.

    2015 Fiesta Bowl: Preview, How To Watch, Ticket Information
    Here’s everything you need to know about the New Year’s Day matchup between the Ohio State Buckeyes and the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

    - Rosenblum will propose law on notifying people when their information has been hacked
    SALEM — Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum told lawmakers on Wednesday the state’s privacy laws need to be updated to keep up with cyberthreats ...

    Apple’s secrets: How Apple’s legal fight with Samsung revealed a gold mine of top-secret information
    Following a contentious patent battle that raged on for nearly five years, Samsung last week finally agreed to pay Apple $548 million in damages ...

    White House offers states more information on refugees
    Governors are still clashing with the administration over whether to admit Syrian refugees into their states

    Transcend Information posts increased revenues for November
    Transcend Information has reported consolidated revenues of NT$2.322 billion (US$70.7 million) for November 2015, representing a 5.67% increase ...

    THE NUMBER GROWS Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified information
    THE NUMBER GROWS Nearly 1,000 Clinton emails had classified information