How to load modules into modules

Title says it all. I want to load (custom) modules within a custom module. But I havent the slightest idea how to do that. Any suggestions? thx
0
VoidX1

Like this:

Dim _MyControl as _MyControl
_MyControl = CType(Me.LoadControl("MyControl .ascx"), MyControl)
ParentControl.Controls.Add(_MyControl)

Leigh Pointer
User Group Champion
» Evangelising DotNetNuke Everywhere «

0
Leigh
8/2/2004 6:39:34 AM
The method LoadControl works, if your loaded custom module doesn't need do raise PostbackEvents :-(

If you need that... Than this way is impossible for you.
I will post how to do it right in next time...
I developed such a Container, but this is only a beta version....
Christian Wall

Software and Web developer
0
Chri
9/30/2004 1:53:36 PM
you can get around this by adding public properties in your custom module, picking up the events, and setting the approriate parameters in the calling control.

Cathal
0
cathal
9/30/2004 11:57:45 PM
Not that sure about this actually. I got worried when I read the above because I'm working on a module that uses a 'dispatch' page. It looks at the querystring and decides what action to take. All this happens in the Page_Init method of Dispatch.ascx. Then, at the end of that method (if no errors were detected) the following happens:

Dim objModule As PortalModuleControl = CType(Me.LoadControl(ModulesPath & sControl), PortalModuleControl)
objModule.ModuleConfiguration = Me.ModuleConfiguration()
Me.Controls.Add(objModule)

.... and postbacks appear to work for the dynamically loaded sControl (for those not quite with the programme: a relative path to an ascx file).
Peter

Peter Donker
bring2mind.net
Home of Document Exchange, the document management solution for DNN
0
donker
10/1/2004 9:56:19 AM
I'm with Cathal. I have been implementing these "multi-control" modules using the class / property method. Seems to be a more "clean" implementation and allows for updates to the other controls implementation without breaking the "contract" so to speak. Works great for the larger module development projects we've been working on lately.

Just my 2 cents.
Tom Lucas

0
lucast
10/4/2004 6:56:25 PM
I've used this method on several applications, and it works well, but I was not able to get state maintained for each control.

I had to build a Wizard like UI for one applicaiton, and each step dad a Previous Step and Next Step button. The wstate was maintained just fine for the current step, but if someone had to move to the previous step, the state was not maintained. It was lost as soon as another ASCX control was loaded.
Does anyone know a way around this? Should DNN's module communication feature be used to accomplish this?

0
brandonc

modules, modules

Module in Module

Load module into module...
Is it possible to load a module into another module? I'm thinking in particular of the Internal Links Module available @ www.cortinc.com I use this module a lot and with a few enhancements it has served me well, however it has one flaw...each link only allows html data...because it is just a holder that loads the html from the db. It would be a great enhancement to be able to add other modules to these links i.e. announcements, news, pictures etc but they would in effect have to be loaded into another module. Any thoughts would be appreciated on how I should approach this or whether it...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Article: Load Modules From Your Own Module
I have made a short article about how to load modules from you costum module. This is mostly used when you have a complex module which you want to seperate up to several smaller modules and lost the needed modules depending on when to show... It can be found here I hope it can be of some use for someone...- Anders My blog, includes stuff about DNN module development... WDevs, free blog space, email and more... DnnBB, forum module for DNN...

Hi there, How can I load a module inside other module? Could it be something like having a placeholder and then injecting the module to it? Any hints? Thanks in advance, J ...

How do I determine which page in my module loads when the module is first loaded?
How do I determine which page in my module loads when the module is first loaded? Normally, I have done this by changing my *.dnn file to ommit the <key></key> tag on the ascx file I want to load first in the module; however, I need to be able to refer directly to that page as to forward the user to it. Any ideas? The initial view of the module is always the view action.  You do not need a key assigned to it.  You can only have one view type per module.Chris Paterra Chris, can you elaborate on that a little? I've used multiple pages set to view in modules previousl...

A Module inside a Module ??
Hi DNN Community, I've developed a DNN module (let's call it module X) which is included in my DNN website as a private assembly. However, I'l like to add a scrolling marque usercontrol to my module X. As a start, I purchased a scrolling marquee module from snowcovered which works great as a stand alone module. However, I'd like to modify this module so it fits into my module X. Can anyone explain to me how to do this, and if there is any source code available where I could see how this is done. Thanks in advance, Brad How about putting a placeholder control in your module X then...

To module or not to module that is the question
Howdy List,=20 Bit of a quandry here. I have a script that does everything it's supposed to. It's basically like this: ---------------------- Configuration variables here: Program flow here with a single print statement after=20 it figures out what it's doing based on the configuration and user = input. ------------------ Now I need to use this same script lots of times so I already have = differen configurations saved as different modules then in the script = all I have to do is: ------------ In One.cgi: use Special::One; # this brings in all the configuar...

Module to Module Communication
Does anyone have an example of how to implement module-module communication/event handling using DNN2? I have tried to look through the portal code and try to figure it out for myself but not much luck :) Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com To answer my own question I found the following link. Any other resources and solid examples that anyone else would like to share? http://xpdit.com/DeskTopDefault.aspx?tabid=1&BookID=13&ChapterID=69&PageID=242Tom Gruszowskiemail: [MyUserName]@hotmail.com I seem to remember an example on kodhedz.netMatt FraserDotNetNuke Co...

Module within a Module
Anyone experiemented with IBS to create a module that could contain other IBS modules?Robbie Freeland Web Team Leader www.chesterfield.gov yeah - with limited sucess as things started to go screwey after a while with the containers - it is something I still want to get working - but I dont seem to have the time to do so at the momentVarious IBS Addons available at http://www.snowcovered.comLead Developer [vb & c#] - MCAD I have been able to do it, just displaying information in datagrids, but I had to pass variables in the URL to keep the nested module active and visible as the page re...

Module in MODULE::INTERFACE
Can module name be something like: com::xyz::PakageOne? Because when I created a package with that convention, the package was created but there is no _st_ and _sk_ generated for me. Thanks. .... Steve ...

More problems with my first dotnetnuke module build. Error when I try to load the module on the home page
Got past the module cache issue, now I have a problem displaying the module on the home page.  When I try to add it, I get this error.  What the heck is this all about?Unhandled error loading module.DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException: Parser Error: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. ---> System.Web.HttpException: Could not load type '.ShoppingCart'. at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessMainDirec...

Modules within Modules
I purchaced the Internal Link Navigation from Snowcovered a while back and have modified it so I can insert user controls in the child-level pages. However, if I try to insert a IBS module, it returns an error because the IBS modules use desktopcontols.vb to pull properties for the module from the database and I haven't set that up properly. When I look at the code in tablayout.aspx.vb I have a hard time sorting through it. Any ideas? Do you want to post your mods to Internal Link Navigation - I have done a fair bit of work with that so may be able to help Or email the code to me Dav...

Web resources about - How to load modules into modules - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Zvezda (ISS module) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
27,743.8 kilometres per hour (17,239.2 mph) Zvezda ( Russian : Звезда , meaning "star"), DOS-8 , also known as the Zvezda Service Module , is ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

JA Solar Delivers Modules To Largest Solar Power Project In Philippines
One of the largest Chinese module manufacturers, JA Solar, announced that it has completed delivery of 92.5 MW solar PV modules in mid-October ...

Motech subsidiary invests in China-based PV module maker
... China will invest CNY11.4 million (US$1.78 million) for a 19% stake in Jinzhou Yangguang Motech Renewable Energy, a China-based PV module maker ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

The Latest, Best WiFi Module Has Been Announced
... ago, a new product was released onto the vast, vast marketplace of cheap electronics. It was the ESP8266, and this tiny and cheap WiFi module ...

Dymitr Malcew’s Tree House modules provide privacy in open-plan offices
Read the rest of Dymitr Malcew’s Tree House modules provide privacy in open-plan offices