How to get started writing Custom Modules?

Can someone point me in the direction to a step-by-step guide my writing my own custom modules for DNN 3.1.1?
My background is ASP VBScript.

mynameis

check out the videos on dotnetnuke.com by seabury design.  Top notch, plus they are free.
Cheers
midspot
0
midspot
9/26/2005 8:03:45 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the tip.
0
mynameis

I want to get started writing custom modules for DNN
I want to get started writing custom modules for DNN Where can I get information on writing DNN modules. Thanks A good place to start is http://cathal.europe.webmatrixhosting.net/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=26. Do you need Visual Studio to build a module? Andrew, The simple answer is no. You can more details at HandCoded~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Great. Just what I was looking for....

Customize RSS Module? or a custom module?
I would like for example that the rss module extracts info from different rss feeds on my page. but in a customized way For example the last article, the last new, the last event. To avoid upgrade issues consider creating a custom module. mm I havent realy checked th rss module but isnt the features you want replicated by a custom xsl file. Or you could check out the other rss modules that are out there RSSExtra It is possible in xsl to extract info from different xml <xsl:value-of select="document('http://www.asp.net/Forums/rss.aspx?forumid=90')/channel/tit...

sub modules, loading custom modules into a parent module
GreetingsI am creating a support system module which will require the ability to add sub modules. For example, there is an admininstrators section in which suport requests are administered, anwsered, solved etc.There is to be another function in the admin section of the support module in which admins can upload a new support form template module, ie, say an admin wants to set up a form for users to lodge a request for new hardware, the form will display all required fields, graphics, validation etc for that request. Another support form template might be to have a new user set up on the acti...

Optimized VS.Net Solution for custom modules + free modules
I like to leave the DNN core code untouched when I do my module development. Also, I like to work with a clean VS.Net solution which has my custom modules and none of the core projects. After playing around with it for some time, I have created a VS.Net Solution that allows me to do exactly that and I would like to share it with anyone interested. It's called "My Modules" and can be used to develop/debug DNN modules without requiring any core project references. I have blogged about my solution in detail and also posted it for download. In the download package, I have also inclu...

Module in Module

modules, modules

Integrating a custom module or any module into .net nuke with vis. dev. express
Ok I am using .net nuke and visual web developer 2005 express edition.  I am new to both. My problem is this...dotnetnuke is installed and working great and I have made changes and used the default modules for various pages on my new site.  However, now I have reached the stage where I need a module template where I can use asp.net to write my own code to manipulate data. I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to incorporate a new module into the site.  I copied a module folder that I downloaded called createmoduletemplate into my DesktopModules directory.&nbs...

How to Write Custom Modules in .NET 2.0?
Can someone please provide guidance on how to write custom modules in .NET 2.0 for DNN? At this point DNN does not support .NET 2.0.GMSS DNN Can we write modules in .NET 2.0 and integrate it with the current version? How would we design our modules to integrate with future versions of DNN that run on .NET 2.0? I do not believe it is possible.  If DNN is compiled against and referencing ASP.Net 1.1....and your module inherits from DNN core classes (which it must)....then you cannot write modules compiled against ASP.Net 2.0 until the DNN core is using 2.0...  Now as for how to...

Going from one Custom Module to Another Customer Module
I am having trouble going from one module to another module. My source module contains a calendar user control (Brainjar's better calendar).  In the day_render event of the calendar control, I add a label to each day and set the text property to an href tag: <a title="Drinks with John" href="http://localhost/DotNetNuke/TestPage/PrototypingEventListing/tabid/54/Default.aspx?itemID=54&status=calEvent">John </a> I am trying to leave the module with the calendar to go to another module's view control.  This link takes me to the view control of the new mod...

Converting an Ibuyspy custom Module to DotNetDuke Custom Module
Are there any instructions on what it takes to convert an IBuySpy Custom Module to DotNetDuke. .. What do I need to add or change. There is a developer whitepaper included with the DNN download I think or you can download the whitepaper at www.dotnetnuke.com. JeremyJeremy WhiteWebstone, LLCMy DNN Blog...

When to use Static Page Module, HTML Page Module, and Custom Module
I'm trying to figure out the pros and cons of using Static pages, the HTML Page Module, and the Custom Module.  Background:  I'm using the CSK to make an old HTML web site easier to maintain.  I have a bunch of old Photo Galleries (yes, several of them containting hundreds of images) that would take many days to convert to using the Photo Gallery module, so I'm researching ways to convert the old pages that isn't so painful.  I don't care if the new photo galleries (which will use the Photo Gallery module) match the look of the old ones, so converting the core HTML on t...

Cannot get rid of a custom module. How do I manually delete a module (not on any pages) in DNN 3.1?
I've gone through this nightmare to move a site from 2.1.2 to 3.1.  I have to say, on an aside, that if there's no better way to upgrade than to delete all custom modules, DNN will not survivie in the long term...at least the selling of custom modules won't.  It's too much a high cost, beyond the price of modules...never mind there's absolutely no regulation on testing these modules to ensure that they delelte themselves correctly (and also delete all of themselves, like the tables, foreign keys, stored procs, etc..  If a user isn't a db expert, right now upgrading a f...

Custom desktop modules to be Admin modules?
Well, I have to put some custom desktop modules to the Admin level since they are all used by some other modules. For example: Module A,B,C are common modules, while Module X1, X2, X3,X4,X5..... are not common, and X1,X2,X3,X4,X5... use Module A,B,C. And I noticed that the way now DNN does with the admin tabs is similiar with normal tabs but they have no AdministratorRoles. And I also find that there is one file called admin.template in the portal folder. I can find all the definitions of the admin tabs. I simply do the same as what I find, the my own tab is there, the when I click,...

What Module is DotnetNuke.com using for DNN3 modules?
The module used for the 3rd party DotNetNuke3 Modules is nice (needs a lot of improvement still, but worlds beyond what is "stock" ), and I would certainly like the opportunity to play with it a bit and consider it for my sites, however I can't figure out what they are using! Shawn: When you use a third party module on the dotnetnuke site, you should probably add a tag line IDing it to the bottom of it so that the rest of us can check it out! Thanks. That is Patrick Santry's Resource Directory Manager. I'm not sure what Patrick's plan are with this module in the future or ...

Web resources about - How to get started writing Custom Modules? - asp.net.dotnetnuke-modules

Free module - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , a free module is a free object in a category of modules . Given a set , a free module on is a free module with basis . Every ...

Popular Xposed module GravityBox now supports Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Be sure that whenever the Xposed framework is updated to support a new Android version, the popular module GravityBox is to follow. It has been ...

Ford recalls 300,000 Crown Vics over lighting module
... Mercury , Sedan Ford issued a recall notice for some 300,000 Crown Victoria and Mercury Grand Marquis sedans to have the lighting control module ...

Samsung's first 128 GB DDR4 RAM modules for servers go into production
Samsung has announced that it is starting mass production of the industry’s first "through silicon via" (TSV) 128GB DDR4 memory modules for high-end ...

Solaria Technology To Be Licensed By SunEdison For 400 W Modules
Solaria’s manufacturing technology will be licensed by SunEdison to make its 400-watt solar modules, which are called ZERO WHITE SPACE. So what ...

Jiangsu Aide Solar Energy Technology sees booming orders for PV modules
Jiangsu Aide Solar Energy Technology, Taiwan-based rectifier diode maker Pan Jit International's PV module subsidiary maker based in eastern ...

Intel throws its tiny Curie module in an Arduino board
The low-power Curie from Intel helps developers quickly prototype a device with turn-key access to Bluetooth, a six-axis sensor with gyroscope ...

Intel Unveils Arduino Development Board Featuring Curie Module
The board, which will be called Arduino 101 in the United States, will be marketed to students in elementary and secondary schools.

This Is What the Orion Service Module's Propulsion System Looks Like
... You’re looking at a model—though sadly, not a working one—of the propulsion systems that will power the Orion European Service Module (ESM). ...

Programmable Logic: Build Yourself a CPLD Module
... way to learn and try different techniques. What better way to learn than to get your hands on a CPLD and give it a try? I created a CPLD module ...